Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Improvements

Re: Improvements

You are right about the -15% ELR. Obviously if I went with the shako + occy solution I would have to respec to something else than pure lightning... And I just don't feel like going through a new build again, pure lightning serves me just fine. I think I've done what I can, I've put an ist in tals-orb, p-topaz in tals armor and mask, so that's about it. Maybe I could add some 7% MF sc's instead of lightning skillers. I'd imagine pure lightning being quite weak without any -ELR.

IncGamers Member Fluffyknowsyou's Avatar

I used to use Occy and Shako for my orber/fireball at the beginning of the ladder. It was quite nice for a poor player,but the tele made even the simplest of mf runs bothersome.

I'm gonna post some pics of my final build of my sorc sometime so you guys can see for yourself if there is anything left to improve.

Alright, so I have finalized the build.

The charms marked with blue color are +7 MF sc.

The charms marked with red color are +5 res all sc.

With this build, I have maximized all resists. I land at exactly 400 MF with perfect gheeds, WT and 9x7 MF sc's. I have isted tals orb fore increased MF, as well as putting ptopaz in the armor and helm. I have hit the 105% FCR breakpoint using magefist + p-spirit. I have anni and torch for the maximized resistances, skill points, stats and bonus experience. I have Gheeds for more MF. I have bought both tomes, because my belt slot is for potions. And so I can identify items immediately when I find them, without having to go to town. With all this stuff there is still 4x4 slots left as it can be seen, which gives me plenty of room for MFing.

I have specced as pure light for several reasons, the first and foremost being because of the synergies mixing so well, and lightning/c-lightning killing so fast. For smaller packs of monsters I teleport in the middle and spam Nova, for bosses I use lightning (since it does the most damage) and for spread-out monsters I use chain-lightning to capture them. The source of -ELR comes from the tals set, it gives -15% ELR.

My merc is a Defiance merc, since he boost my defense from 3,5k to around 8k, making the chances of being hit small. I ditched the Holyfreeze merc since he seemed to die and his aura didn't do anything useful, except slowing monsters that were already partly dead.

Please comment or rate and suggest improvements if you find any. Also, my merc is Infinity merc, and I am not too sure about his gear. Right now his got Andy's, eFort AP, and non-etheral Infinity CA.

Shael tal helmet instead of ptopaz to reach the next fhr breakpoint.

IncGamers Member Fluffyknowsyou's Avatar

A vamp's gaze would be better for leech and damage reduction,but that's just my preference.

Does the magic damage reduction on Gaze work against the Hydras in Travincial? Anyone knows?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by mysticc View Post
    Shael tal helmet instead of ptopaz to reach the next fhr breakpoint.
    This is strictly worse than replacing two of the 7 mf scs with two fhr scs (3+ fhr and maybe other mods). Or if you're lucky/wealthy get 3+ fhr on two of the 5 res all scs.

Quote Originally Posted by diabloplayer45 View Post
    Does the magic damage reduction on Gaze work against the Hydras in Travincial? Anyone knows?
    yes

Well, I would suggest a 7fhr jewel with other nice mods to get that 6%, but I don't suspect he has that.

yes
    Then gaze is obviously better than Andy's?

20% DR, 15 MDR, 1 OS. Mal/Vex For 7 more MDR or 5 Max fire resist.