Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: New skills system

Here's our progress so far:
    Barbarian
    Demon Hunter
    Monk
    Witch Doctor
    Wizard

While doing Demon Hunter skills, I noticed a few oddities, very similar to the issue here: http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/s...ion-for-skills

Note that these are all very minor issues.
    1) Companion has "This skill is affected by your characters: Attacks per second (set to 1 for example above)" both in the skill's tooltip and in one of the rune tooltips. It's fine in the skill's tooltip but creates confusion if it's also in one of the rune's tooltip.
    2) Cluster Arrow has "This skills is affected by your characters: Ballistics" in Maelstrom rune tooltip. Ballistics increases the damage of your rockets so it should be in Shooting Stars tooltip since that's the rune with rockets. I might be wrong here but I don't think Maelstrom is affected by this passive.

Last edited by Maurish; 16-03-2012 at 13:01. Reason: Updated our progress.

BattleTag MrFrye-2314

...And i was just about done with the Wizard skills when patch 14 came out. And they reorganized all the skills. Again. Apparently they hate us.

Anyhoo, I just finished updating the skill navboxes. Again.

Maurish, that extra text in some of the skill descriptions pulled from the DB was added by Dorjan (from the "Var Stats" field in the DB file). Since some of it is out of date, I've pretty much flat-out asked him to remove it.

Been busy the whole week and spent my free time playing ME3.

Anyway, Frye managed to complete Wizard skills and I'll try to get another class done during the next week.

Also, while having a look at some of the skills, I noticed that the runes are no longer sorted by level. They were about a week ago when Flux said that but they seem to be sorted by the rune icon at the moment.

BattleTag MrFrye-2314

I'm pretty sure the runes have always been sorted by icon. However, for a couple of them (like Magic Missile), those two sorts match. Maybe you stumbled upon one of those.

Also, most of the Barb and WD skills need another pass to fix their skill levels. Grrrr. Here's hoping this is the last beta patch. I think I'm going to make a pass through the passives.

I was going to do all of the Monk skill pages, and of course there's a problem with DN right now, so the skills aren't inserting properly. ETA to fix that is tomorrow morning.

Also, I talked to Rush about the tabs within tabs navigation, and he says it should work fine, if the syntax is precise. (It's very easy to screw it up; I can't get them to work without endless trial and error, but I hate coding.) Nothing has been disabled in the wiki code to disallow them, at least.

--Flux
    The Diablo 1, 2, & 3 Wiki! (Under construction.)

BattleTag MrFrye-2314

Quote Originally Posted by Flux View Post
    Also, I talked to Rush about the tabs within tabs navigation, and he says it should work fine, if the syntax is precise. (It's very easy to screw it up; I can't get them to work without endless trial and error, but I hate coding.) Nothing has been disabled in the wiki code to disallow them, at least.
    I don't know if Rush did anything, but it's working now. I don't think I'm doing anything different, but I could be wrong about that. Anyway, thanks for talking to him.