Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Accidental dupes

So, if one were to accidentally dupe items via server crashes during drop muling (instead of losing items, ending up with them still on the old char and on the mule), how would one know which are the dupes? IE which items should be vendored. Just wait a few days and hope one set poofs and the other doesn't? If neither of them poof, which do you vendor? Is there a risk that if you vendor the wrong one a ruststorm later will destroy the ones you kept?

IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

Re: Accidental dupes

That's a tricky one. I heard that if the original and the dupe are in the same game, the dupe will vanish. You could try putting one of them on an other character and enter the game. And as far as I know, not being an expert on dupes, if there is a rust storm the duped one will vanish. Better sell the duped one, it's only a 50% chance to get it wrong

The items are identical. Both of them are dupes and neither of them are dupes.

There is no "this is a dupe"-flag on an item. That would make things like ruststorm unnecessary.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by stephan View Post
    The items are identical. Both of them are dupes and neither of them are dupes.

There is no "this is a dupe"-flag on an item. That would make things like ruststorm unnecessary.
    IE it doesn't matter which I vendor, so long as there's only one left over, it won't poof. Yes?

Dupes can't be detected if there aren't a minimum of two of them.

Make sure you have them both on the same char, then sell one of them!

Peace

IncGamers Member

If you're going to troll, couldn't you at least make an attempt to be clever about it?

every item has his own code.

and if 2 same items (codes) are in same ip they will vanish (atleast one?)

i have heard this version ^^

IncGamers Member

So, if one were to accidentally dupe items via server crashes during drop muling (instead of losing items, ending up with them still on the old char and on the mule), how would one know which are the dupes? IE which items should be vendored. Just wait a few days and hope one set poofs and the other doesn't? If neither of them poof, which do you vendor? Is there a risk that if you vendor the wrong one a ruststorm later will destroy the ones you kept?
    This means you have some item on char A, and EXACTLY THE SAME item (including hidden ID parameter) on char B. Whenever there are two identical items in the game, one or even both are destroyed, and this only depends on the order those hidden ID parameters are checked.

This was initially implemented to fix the Diablo I dupe method, but wont prevent server crashes duping.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Black Lotus View Post
    This means you have some item on char A, and EXACTLY THE SAME item (including hidden ID parameter) on char B. Whenever there are two identical items in the game, one or even both are destroyed, and this only depends on the order those hidden ID parameters are checked.

This was initially implemented to fix the Diablo I dupe method, but wont prevent server crashes duping.
    As I understand it, this is a server-wide check started when you leave the game. This is caused by anyone else with an item having the same ID that is on the same diablo 2 server (last numbers of the IP, just like for dclone hunting). The item on the char who leaves a game first vanishes; the other one stays. Ask me how I know.