Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Grief/Grief vs Grief/Beast vs Grief/Death etc

Yes.

IncGamers Member

Okay.
    Anyway, I found that Grief pb/Death cs is not really a great setup, neither is Oath BB/Death CS. Both lose out to grief/LB - particularly in the chaos sanctuary, where grief and LOH does + to demons and sanctuary cuts down undeads. And again, phase blades are fast, fast, fast! They charge up so quickly and it's much easier to play. Grief/Grief may be even better, my 2nd grief is in a BA however.

I'm not doing ubers or anything, so CB doesn't come into play nearly as much. The glacial spike from death is awesome, although it ruins any horking plans.

I've been examining the Frenzy BP's for Phase Blades...is it true that with 35% IAS on the main weapon you only need 4% to reach the 5-frame BP?

Similarly would 40% mean you need no other IAS, and what about 39% (like i have on my Grief PB)?

IncGamers Member

Use this calculator, it will answer your questions

http://diablo2.ingame.de/tips/calcs/...lc_english.php

Yes, i was hoping to get confirmation of the results, because they are a little unclear to me.

It seems like having 35% IAS on main weapon requires only 5% more elsewhere, but the table indicates you would need 40% more.

Edit:

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx
    Is the titanseal calculator correct for Double throw? I know it's inaccurate for frenzy.

Last edited by Hairless; 23-04-2012 at 05:50.

Quote Originally Posted by onderduiker View Post
    Basically, the calculator is currently accurate if the first attack in the Frenzy sequence misses: in this case, only the primary weapon's IAS continues to be used to calculate the remaining length of the sequence and WSM is not recalculated.

However, when the first attack hits, only the secondary weapon's IAS is used to calculate the remaining length of the sequence and WSM is recalculated: for more detail, see Hammerman's quoted post in the Calculator Inaccuracy for Frenzy Attack Speed thread in this site's Statistics forum.

If the secondary weapon's IAS and WSM are identical to those of the primary weapon then the calculator's breakpoints should still be complete and accurate...
    So you need 35% (checked the calc and I'm not sure where you get the 40% from) in total with regards to both weapons. If your off-hand is a Lawbringer PB (0 IAS) then you need 35% off-weapon IAS to get to the last breakpoint. If your off-hand is a Grief with less than 35% IAS, then any IAS gear will get you there.

I guess i was misreading the table.

It's getting complicated, but it seems like the best BP is reached as long as one has 40% IAS (with level 20 Frenzy) total with dual PB's. Simply having LoH + Highlords or example would make weapon IAS irrelevant so it wouldn't matter which weapon was being used in the calculation etc etc.

I still don't really get it, but, i have noticed that frenzy with dual griefs is fast, and it pwns. Except i sometimes freeze, and had to S&E last time it happened.

I'm trying to figure out the difference between Zeal and Frenzy.

Zeal is apparently 4/4/4/4/8, and Frenzy would be 5/5/5/5/5 right? So you sort of lose 1 frame. But you are a Barb and can find item, so it's ok.

IncGamers Member

using dual grief and arreats instead of guillaumes is the 15% from gores enough crushing blow if not where do you get it from steelrends?