Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Example of poor treatment in offical beta feedback forums from a passionate teste

In neuroscience, objective means "value or label given to an action, item, or outcome by an ideal observer". Ideal meaning something which does no further interpretation of the event/item/outcome/action than the sensory components present.

In other words, 5 dollars is 5 dollars (objective). To a 32 year old, 5 dollars might seem like 1 dollar, but to a 3 year old 5 dollars might seem like a million dollars (both subjective).

To be objective means to state the facts. State the raw data. The OP did not do this. At all.

My 2 cents.

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

Re: Example of poor treatment in offical beta feedback forums from a passionate teste

[QUOTE=wickStick;820085

My 2 cents.[/QUOTE]

Subjective

D3 General & D2 Newcomer Moderator
    IncGamers Site Pal

I'm actually impressed Hellglory is able to step back and accept criticism without getting emotionally defensive and allowing things to escalate into a flame war.

OH PLEASE HELP I found out why Waldo's always hiding he did so many horrible things please let me in he's righ

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by wickStick View Post
    In neuroscience, objective means "value or label given to an action, item, or outcome by an ideal observer". Ideal meaning something which does no further interpretation of the event/item/outcome/action than the sensory components present.

In other words, 5 dollars is 5 dollars (objective). To a 32 year old, 5 dollars might seem like 1 dollar, but to a 3 year old 5 dollars might seem like a million dollars (both subjective).

To be objective means to state the facts. State the raw data. The OP did not do this. At all.

My 2 cents.
    English is actually pretty irrational language when you think about it.

In Finnish grammar you can separate the subject (the doer) and object (the target of the doing or thing that's being manipulated by the subject.) In theory it should be the same i guess, but there seems to be some practical differences.

In English language one can say "test subject" and be grammatically correct even the correct term in theory should be "test object". I guess that might have something to do with ethics tho. Perhaps it was felt that living and nonliving needed to be separated somehow. Anyways it's test (subject) subject (object).

PS. Money is bad comparison. It's abstract and it's value is virtual. Subjective view would be that 5 dollar bill is piece of paper that you can roll up or tear into pieces. Anything else is subjective.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag a

If you don't understand why that was deleted (and justly) then perhaps you aren't as smart as you think you are. A QQ/flame post dressed up with flowery language is still a qq/flame post.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zoltar View Post
    If you don't understand why that was deleted (and justly) then perhaps you aren't as smart as you think you are. A QQ/flame post dressed up with flowery language is still a qq/flame post.
    Lol read the thread. He owned the criticism and conceded his own errors in judgement.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag a

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorWitch View Post
    Lol read the thread. He owned the criticism and conceded his own errors in judgement.
    Props then.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crudesash68 View Post
    I am 43, and I don't feel like a dinosaur (not that I didn't get a lot of "fossil" jokes in my Wow guild), so I wouldn't worry too much.

I think there will be a lot of theorycrafting and charty fun for D3, and a lot more than most people imagine, so I hope you give it a shot.
    Im 40 ... if anything its guys like you and me whose opinion should be given greater weight when it comes to making good games ...
    example - Ive been playing computer games ever since they made personal computers (things you could buy for your home) ... ultima on the atari (computer think it was 800xl but been awhile) ... or heck the color computer (radio shack) anyways ...
    back to the OP.

Why is everyone trying to correct this guys grammer and spending all this time on it? ... Its not that hard to figure out why his post may have been deleted ... gaming company in the business to make money - his post could be seen as inflammatory and used to incite others to have disrepute for said game and this decreases sales and that means less money ... cant have that

anyways ... I agree d3 is turning into something I have a feeling that will not last ... unless they keep on adding expansions and extra levels/gear so you need to keep searching for the top gear etc (like WoW) ...

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by djxput View Post
    Im 40 ... if anything its guys like you and me whose opinion should be given greater weight when it comes to making good games ...
    example - Ive been playing computer games ever since they made personal computers (things you could buy for your home) ... ultima on the atari (computer think it was 800xl but been awhile) ... or heck the color computer (radio shack) anyways ...
    back to the OP.

Why is everyone trying to correct this guys grammer and spending all this time on it? ... Its not that hard to figure out why his post may have been deleted ... gaming company in the business to make money - his post could be seen as inflammatory and used to incite others to have disrepute for said game and this decreases sales and that means less money ... cant have that

anyways ... I agree d3 is turning into something I have a feeling that will not last ... unless they keep on adding expansions and extra levels/gear so you need to keep searching for the top gear etc (like WoW) ...
    His comment and a plethora of those like it would influence sales very little. Most of the people who will buy the game arent reading and posting on this forum or the Blizzard forums. Forums have rules and he broke one of them by offering criticism that was not constructive.

IncGamers Member

Testing 123
    Last edited by Hellglory; 19-12-2012 at 05:15.