Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Really? Every lvl 60 class will be identical now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeros View Post
    I just can't see how Diablo 3's systems could captivate a player for more than a few weeks. Diablo 2 had some systems that seem archaic now, but it has been going strong for more than a *decade.*
    I never understood why D2 lasted so long either. I'm guessing the same weirdos who like to grind for items in the same game for 8 years will do the same in D3.

IncGamers Member

Well, I do "digg" (anybody seen Black Dynamite?) that new system. I've played around with talent trees and pumping points here and there for about 10 years of my gaming history, and it does get old. Plus, in about each of those games there was an "optimal build", the give all end all of everything. I assume (or hope, for the suspicious among you) that they tailor the harder challenges of lategame to be somehow met with certain builds. The "create a game lobby based on a certain quest"-system supports that.

Personally, I like to experiment around with builds to asset the best of them to certain situations.

And then there's PvP. A huge factor for me in the longevity equation. Once I'm maxed out with superduper gear there's a whole new level of experimentation in trying out characters and builds, hell, even team combinations and their build synergies. And even if there is no ladder ingame as of now, there will be. Someone will come up with some way to organize some kind of "professional play". Same thing happened for DotA back in the day.

So all in all, between mastering Inferno, trying out the tons of builds available, pvp, leveling alts and achievment hunting; I guess that game could very well keep me entertained for years.

For those not daring to challenge this wall of text: Customization has gone way up. "Active" customization so to speak. And trying out things and experimenting is way more fun than sitting in front of an empty word document crunching numbers and figures until you have the perfect frozen orb.

First people wanted D2-like skill point system and now that Blizz delivers something like that, ( the new system is basicly a variation of the +skill on items from D2, thats how it's going to work, you'll get an item with +15% damage to X skill with X rune ) everyone's mad.... gotta love ze interwebs.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirAdis View Post
    First people wanted D2-like skill point system and now that Blizz delivers something like that, ( the new system is basicly a variation of the +skill on items from D2, thats how it's going to work, you'll get an item with +15% damage to X skill with X rune ) everyone's mad.... gotta love ze interwebs.
    Are you making stuff up for fun?

There are no skill points in this system, nor are there apparently any +skill on items (that we know about).

BattleTag Farxy-2729

well, i like the changes, as i did see the inventory problem ;-)

but what i dont like is that now it will be sooo easy to min/max and mostlikely there will be bestdps cookie cutter builds going from day 1.

you still need to find gear/buy it ;-)

diablo 3 = dota with less heros.......

IncGamers Member

I'm starting to see the genius of the RMAH. If you think about it, a d2 player was a pretty crappy customer, really at the opposite extreme of a WoWhead - they bought the game once, and then sucked down server time and tech support for years and years without necessarily spending another dime.

But now,

1 - buy the game, finish SP and do some arena in a few weeks
    2 - develop jealous rage at folks at lvl50+ already with RMAH uber-items
    3 - break down, blow a few hundred bucks on the RMAH to catch up
    4 - finish the game at the highest level, enjoy the novelty of being able to hang with other pay-to-win arena heroes
    5 - get bored a week later
    6 - go back to WoW

Genius, really.

Have a coke and a smile!

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Can you please explain how the update makes every class the same?

Just because the purpose of some abilities on all classes is similar, does not make them the same.

And not having to deal with runestones of different colors and different ranks for all skills is a great idea.

Banned

Yay! Now we even won't have any skill gradations nor the complexities on how to get them and in which ones to invest. The one thing that was mildly original and cool about this game has been scrapped because for some reason Blizzard couldn't figure out the most obvious mathematical facts and problematics of it's own system for 5 years. Congrats, that's just, wow, mindbogglingly fail.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadoutMapes View Post
    Are you making stuff up for fun?

There are no skill points in this system, nor are there apparently any +skill on items (that we know about).
    Not exacly +skills, but buffs to certain skills, that was the whole point of the change, adding more affixes, while taking care of the inventory problem of 100s of runes.

"This leaves open the potential to boost the rune effects through gear. Previously the rune power was tied to the item, but if it's tied to the character, they can bring in stats on items that boost the rune effects." - this was posted a day before blizz announced the rune changes on a blog and later on Reddit, and the person who claims to have insider info was right at like 99% of the changes including stuff like, the exact level that you accquire your 1st Runed skill.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by SirAdis View Post
    Not exacly +skills, but buffs to certain skills, that was the whole point of the change, adding more affixes, while taking care of the inventory problem of 100s of runes.

"This leaves open the potential to boost the rune effects through gear. Previously the rune power was tied to the item, but if it's tied to the character, they can bring in stats on items that boost the rune effects." - this was posted a day before blizz announced the rune changes on a blog and later on Reddit, and the person who claims to have insider info was right at like 99% of the changes including stuff like, the exact level that you accquire your 1st Runed skill.
    Everything right now points to him making it up. If there was rune affixes why shouldn't Jay mention them?
    Using the words "potential" and "can" very much points toward that conclusion as well.