Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Re: Hi guys, newcomer to Diablo 2 here.

Normally if you want more runes then you should run the Countess on p1 or p2. That increases her rune count. activate the p1/p2 before you get to the fifth level. Since you are a sorceress (right?) Stealth is a good armor for you (Tal + Eth). Put the runes in a 2 socketed armor for the body (ie leather armor, breast plate, ring mail, etc) It increases mana regeneration and poison resist as well as make your cast rate of spells faster. Those two runes both come off of her. She drops up to Ral.

IncGamers Member

Actually, running the countess on p1 produces the most runes.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    Actually, running the countess on p1 produces the most runes.
    Actually p1/2 produce the same odds for runes, assuming you were contradicting DJ.

BattleTag DJMBBANDIE07-1586

Oh, and Stealth requires you to be level 17.

Just ran countess on p2 and she dropped me Eth, Ral and Tir.

IncGamers Member

I have another question related to runes. I got a few more runes of different types, and noticed one rune, Tir, gives +2 Mana Per Kill. I was wondering if I could stack these runes? Meaning I find, say, 5 Tir runes, and put them all in socketed armor / weapon / helms, and will that give me +10 mana per kill? Or does it give the effect once, no matter how many runes of the same kind I put in? If it can stack, it will solve my mana problems in a big way.

IncGamers Member

The effect will stack.

I actually have the same question, but about Nef runes. I have always assumed that one Nef in a weapon would have the exact same knockback effect as two Nefs in a weapon, but I've never tested it. Has anybody tried it? Does anybody know if, for example, two Nefs knock back a monster a farther distance than one Nef?

I'm pretty sure that most runes/gems/jewels stack their effects, but I don't know which are the exceptions.

I don't think Nef knockback stacks in any way.

IncGamers Member

Update...

I tried Gamble a few times to see what it was like. I ended up getting lucky and got green boots. Its called Vidala's Fetlock, which gives +30% to walk / run speed, and +160 stamina. I also got a ring mail with 2 sockets from Charsi, and made Stealth runeword on it. Now my sorc is running around so fast that Flash would cry. She's so fast now, its kinda hard to control where she goes! I bought a helm with 2 sockets and put in the +2 Mana Per Kill runes, so I get +4 mana per kill. I also bought a rather nice 2 socket staff from the priestess, which gives +2 to ice blast and +1 to fireball, which is perfect for my sorc who has these spells.

I'm ready to go to the area beyond the Black Marsh and the Forgotten Tower, and see what stuff I can destroy.

You can also make 'Leaf' in a 2os staff (maybe with some staffmods, but gray, NOT blue) that is available at, I think, lvl 19. Gratz on gambling the Vidala's - those are definitely nice early boots! I used a combination of Vidala's boots and Ammy as one of my original Barb's first MF combos, and found it very stylish.