Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Hi guys, newcomer to Diablo 2 here.

Now I'm a bit confused. Does this mean I can have 10 copies of the same unique item? Or only get one copy per character? Or one normal and one ethereal copy per character?

IncGamers Member

The first one. Eg. you can get a chieftain battleaxe in two successive game, but never two chieftain battleaxes in the same game.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    The first one. Eg. you can get a chieftain battleaxe in two successive game, but never two chieftain battleaxes in the same game.
    Can't this happen, if it is dropped by the same monster?

IncGamers Member

Ah, yes. Very rarely, an act boss can drop the same unique item twice.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    Ah, yes. Very rarely, an act boss can drop the same unique item twice.
    No, absolutely not. It may *try* to drop 2, but the second one will be a failed one, so a rare with triple durability.

IncGamers Member

I'm getting pretty frustrated here because I just can't find ANY Grim Scythes whatsoever. I've done the Mephisto blitz dozens and dozens of times, and now doing Nithiak's Temple dozens of times. I've gotten a bunch of elite items from doing Nithiak's temple on /players5 and spamming meteor on all the zombies. I've also gotten most of the exceptional items I've been missing from doing the zombie killing sprees, but STILL no Grim Scythe. What gives?

You could try earlier areas I guess? That way a few less items can be dropped. Still, if you're getting exp and stuff, I would just keep runnign places like pindleskin adn his zombies because they're great, and can drop some of the higher-end gear you might want.

IncGamers Member

I'm looking for the grim scythe cuz it has fast attack speed and can hold insight or infinity. Unless anyone has better ideas for a high end fast attack merc weapon that can hold either one of these runewords?

well when you eventually upgrade to an infinity, you'll want a thresher, or another elite polearm instead. If you're bored of looking for a grim scythe, I would just move onto hell if you can, and see what that's like. You're bound to run into some better polearm in there, whether it's a Collossus voulge or cryptic axe (although slower, your merc will be doing much more damage than he currently is).

IncGamers Member

Got my Grim Scythe after what seems like my 30th run through Pindle and Nithiak's temple. Wahooooo!

Now for infinite mana with Insight runeword and big boost in merc damage! Onwards to Baal and Hell difficulty.