Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    IncGamers Member

Re: A Comprehensive Guide To Phoenix Strike

Is +1 into venom good? I think it is ok, just style point

Also, I am concerned with AR. what is your suggestion?

EDIT: Wow, i just realized, or perhaps, remembered (lol) that you can actually use 3 charges for each skill! For example I can use FoF and get 3 charges, BoI and 3 charges both at the same time! You can see 6 charges circling you.

So, knowing this, do you suggest only using Phoenix Strike as the charge up skill? Or do you recommend using all 4 charge skills?

Last edited by zabu; 07-04-2012 at 12:48.

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Only use PS for charging up. You need to dish out the damage frequently or you will find yourself dead before you can release.

AR is extremely dependant on your claw selection. With two Bartucs releasing with Dragon Claw you can probably get away with a point in Claw Mastery and a Blessed Aim merc. With other setups you may need dual angelics etc. Let me know what you are thinking of weapon wise and I can give more advice.

IncGamers Member

Well I would LOVE to have 2x Bartucs but I dont have even one, and I dont know who has most chance of dropping it.

I guess I will put 1 into venom for style.

Oh, so you recommend only using PS and charge to 3 orbs and release? Well, perhaps 1 or 2 charges but basically you only recommend using PS? I thought it would be cool to have 12 orbs circling you haha....but I guess you are right, in hell you have to kill as fast as possible. So just to confirm, only use PS right? No FoF, BoI, CoT ?

BattleTag maxicek-2583

Quote Originally Posted by zabu View Post
    Well I would LOVE to have 2x Bartucs but I dont have even one, and I dont know who has most chance of dropping it.
    Hell or NM Meph should be the best bet, or it is easy to trade for.

I guess I will put 1 into venom for style.
    I wouldn't bother with venom personally. But you should have spare points, so it is fine.

Oh, so you recommend only using PS and charge to 3 orbs and release? Well, perhaps 1 or 2 charges but basically you only recommend using PS? I thought it would be cool to have 12 orbs circling you haha....but I guess you are right, in hell you have to kill as fast as possible. So just to confirm, only use PS right? No FoF, BoI, CoT ?
    Correct. See section 4.2

IncGamers Member

1. I put 1 into venom, and as soon as I cast it...I realized my damage actually dropped. Could it be due to the fact that I have LOTS of poison charms? Or perhaps it is a lying character screen, when in fact I do more damage, it is just the screen showing lies? Which one is it? (Confused)

2. Also, Should I put rest of skill points to Claw Mastery or BoI? I think a true PS sin should just put 20 into BoI...but is damage and ar boost from maxing CM good enough?

3. What is your overall strategy vs bosses?

Last edited by zabu; 10-04-2012 at 15:39.

IncGamers Member

Your poison dps went up, but venom renders all of the poison charms almost useless as it cuts their duration down to venom's duration. This reflects as lower per hit damage on the CS since it only takes a few poison small charms to give more per hit (not per second!) damage than a 1 point venom.

IncGamers Member

Hmmmm confusing....so basically I should remove all those poison charms? Or just leave them as they are and keep playing? Or not use venom?

BattleTag maxicek-2583

You really don't need to max BoI, charges 1&2 should do most of the killing. Third charge is mainly for freezing. Claw mastery would work, depending on what your AR is like at the moment.

Bosses are simple. Drop meteors on them as quickly as you can. A bit of slow works wonders for keeping them in place.

IncGamers Member NoisemakerArrow's Avatar

What is the Cloak Of Shadows bug?