Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Re: Current Itemfinding Successes

44/27 Drake/Zod from a soulie then a 76/175 Kings/Haste Battleaxe from a BK.

the axe could be used in duels vs artys if you go crazy Shade style

A Garnet/Zod ring 49/20... eh.. sooo close from being something sexay.
    Dont remember who dropped.

not mine, but Darlor found a Godly/Osmosis great helm... (from wirt) never found one of those before so I thought it was pretty cool.. I remember I had a nice Godly/Whale helm a few years back that was close in ability to a RC. . also tough to find at wirt.

http://tristr.am/character.php?characterid=497
    its on his mule

...now one for me tonight.

obs/stars helm 40/11

pretty good little pickup from Griz

IncGamers Member

I noticed Darlor have Ring of Regha... Those rings are rare! Someday Ill get one too to the collection

Darlor has had some good finds indeed

today I found a drake/harmony ring 47mana from I think a soulie

found an obs/wiz ring thats a purdy 38/29 today .. might have been from bloodlust.

IncGamers Member

Found a perfect saint/stars FPM a knight in 16 and immediately took it up to indestructible. This is my second saintly/stars since 15 years.

Too bad it was not awesome.. I did get an awesome/stars but it was a gothic. Argh!

IncGamers Member

Can i just ask what you mean by "taking it up to indestructible"? Some pretty epic finds in here though, i don't think my best will ever match some in here, although i never remember what the best i got was all those (10 years) ago!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by doughnutjimmy View Post
    Can i just ask what you mean by "taking it up to indestructible"?
    Note: a lot of what I'm talking about in this post are Diablo 1 bugs and taking advantage of them.

Using Hidden Shrines, which give a +10 durability to 3 item slots or 2 items if using a 2handed weapon, -10 to one item. When taking the item up to max 255 durability, it will turn indestructible. This is a bug, because "of the ages" suffix is coded to give an item 255 durability which then is used to make it indestructible.

Some items aren't on a native end of 5 dur so it needs to be damaged and use a warrior's repair skill to reduce it down to a value of 5.
    That repair skill durability loss calculation formula is X / (CLVL+9). Round the value down and that is the durability subtracted from the item's current durability.
    X = is the current maximum durability of the item and,
    CLVL = is your char's level.

i.e.,
    90 durability full plate, level 50 warrior:
    90 / (50+9) = 1.52 (-1 durability loss) = 89 dur after repair skill
    or with a level 20 warrior:
    90 / (20+9) = 3.10 (-3 durability loss) = 86 dur after repair skill

After the dur ends on 5, you just keep using Hidden Shrines until it gets to 255 then it turns into Indestructible status.

You can force a Hidden Shrine to reduce the item on the right item slot. Usually players put the sheild there, it is where the sheild is when creating a new warrior. Due to a bug by shrine seeding (mentioned in Jarulf's Guide) by entering as many levels/games as you can, you will force the hidden shrine to choose that shield slot, a similar seeding bug with Enchanted Shrines choosing Chain Lightning as the skill to reduce.

I utilize a gray area by manually freezing my computer's bios clock to generate Hidden Shrines every new game. It's not exactly 100% legit because it is take advantage of yet another bug. Level and shrine randomization is created by your computer's clock - there's a bug of any games created after 01/01/2039 have the same map and monsters since the game stops using the computer's clock. (Will Blizzard release a patch by then? )

But on the other hand, I don't believe in spending days or weeks looking for shrines and wasting a lot of time in the process when it can done in a few hours.