Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Sorceress in hell.. advice needed

Run bosses on p1. It's just fine.
    I still run Mephisto from time to time even though he's given me pretty much everything he can, but he can still surprise you. I got an extremely good +2 Arkaine's valor the other day.

For pindle, teleport right through to the temple. Pindle and his dudes aren't CI, whereas the guys outside are.
    Run AT. It's amazing for a blizzard sorc.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    The best base for any merc armor is an ebugged <anything elite> pretty much. You find an ethereal elite armor with no holes, and not superior. You add sockets to it with the cube recipe tal+thul+ptopaz. If it gets 3 sockets, duress or treachery are good options. I prefer treachery. If it gets 4 sockets, stone is a good option. On the high end of course there's fortitude, but I don't think you need to worry about that yet. If it gets 1 socket you throw it away. If it gets 2 sockets you could put smoke in it I suppose, if you haven't found something better. Or you could save it to make prudence for a melee player character instead.

Insight is brilliant. There's no reason to abandon insight for anything other than infinity, pretty much.

edit: for a lowish geared dual-tree build tankability is more important than damage on a merc, so I have to say of all the options I like ebug stone the best, rather than duress or even treachery. A defiance merc with ebug stone is nigh on indestructible to physical attacks. Add a tal's helm to top off resists and add 10% life leech, and you're laughing.

My merc now got a brand new ebug stone on him

Felt bad using the runes, but it turned out to be a 3575def hellforge ethereal armor.
    This also maxed his resistances, so hopefully he won't be dieing

Also managed to run pindle now, thats where i got the plate.. After 20 runs, all i got was that plate lol, and 4 full rejuvpotions.. Not one unique :o

IncGamers Member

20 runs is too small a sample. Try 200 runs. Or even 2000 if you want the real juicy stuff like windforce, or griffon's eye.

IncGamers Member

Pindle cannot drop Griffon's eye.
    Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of Arachnid mesh.

I suggest running ancient tunnels rather than Pindle

Last edited by zaphodbrx; 29-02-2012 at 09:29.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    Pindle cannot drop Griffon's eye.
    Drops from: Pindleskin (Hell) [ Information ]
    Level: 86
    TreasureClass: "Act 5 (H) Super Cx"
    Magic Find: 0%
    Player Bonus: 1

Item: Griffon's Eye (qlvl 84)
    Basisitem: Diadem (qlvl 85)

Chance: 0.0016763% (1:59654)

IncGamers Member

Edit: Nevermind, I was thinking of Arachnid mesh.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    20 runs is too small a sample. Try 200 runs. Or even 2000 if you want the real juicy stuff like windforce, or griffon's eye.

Ofcourse, I realize that. I have done more runs.

But I was comparing to the actbosses, where I usually get one unique per run on average.

on a wider view, pindle is probably nice, it goes very fast to get to him, he dies fast.
    Just uhm.. meh
    Im still missing so many middle to high uniques, i should probably do bosses instead.

BTW, i got a key of destruction as drop!
    Can i actually try ubertristam in singleplayer?
    The only mod i got installed are runewords.. and atma..

BattleTag kestegs-1550

You theoretically can make uber tristram in SP, but you would have to use a mod that we don't support here. And it's not really the same as they don't have the proper AI for the Ubers.

Boss running is fine for the mid to high level uniques, but you have much better odds of finding the really good items from the other places.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    You theoretically can make uber tristram in SP, but you would have to use a mod that we don't support here. And it's not really the same as they don't have the proper AI for the Ubers.

Boss running is fine for the mid to high level uniques, but you have much better odds of finding the really good items from the other places.
    Ah, boring..

i was just wondering since i got the key.. The only mods are the once i mentioned.. and atma is no mod..

I am looking for the oculus, war travelers tal rashas amulet and body armor..
    After that my sorceress is complete. For MF purposes etc atleast.

I want to try infinity rune word, with griffon i guess and a bunch of lightning facets.
    But getting the ber runes and the facets + griffon will take longer..

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

i keep my keys in the hopes that they enable UT some day for single players. i think a lot of us do...