Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Sorceress in hell.. advice needed

Drops are decided when the monster is spawned. If you spawn a monster at p3, it will drop more items than at p1. And mf is only taken into account when you kill the monster. So your swapping technique works.
    Don't run Meph on p3. The difference is minimal.

To be really honest, stop running Mephisto and get on with the rest of the game, that's what I'd say.
    Level 85 area clearing will give you just as many items, and is much more fun.

IncGamers Member

Drops are decided when the monster is spawned. If you spawn a monster at p3, it will drop more items than at p1. And mf is only taken into account when you kill the monster. So your swapping technique works.
    Don't run Meph on p3. The difference is minimal.

To be really honest, stop running Mephisto and get on with the rest of the game, that's what I'd say.
    Level 85 area clearing will give you just as many items, and is much more fun.

IncGamers Member

So, my MF at the time i start the game or at the time i enter a place where i will kill a boss have nothing to say for the loot.

Only my amount of mf when i kill it, and the players in the game?

I checked the drop% with atma. it were severly better at only players3, compared to1.
    Just got goldwarp now, so that replaced my tal rasha belt.. but sucks to not have full belt..

I dont think i should progress on further yet, until i get alteast oculus or harlequin.. as my damage isnt very good.

I think it will just be frustrating. I could put some nice runes/gems into my black hades armor, and that should set me off better i guess.

Im close to maxing all resistances on hell difficulty now, should help a bit.

IncGamers Member

If you don't know, shael + tal + pDiamond + goldwrap in horadric cube will upgrade goldwrap to a battle belt, increasing the belt size. Required strength increases to 88 though.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    If you don't know, shael + tal + pDiamond + goldwrap in horadric cube will upgrade goldwrap to a battle belt, increasing the belt size. Required strength increases to 88 though.
    Niice Fyourics! That is an awesome tips! I will do that right away. Thanks a Ton!
    I read about upgrading a while back, but that totally slipped my mind.
    Dont think i can upgrade much else though, or if it will be any point.. only my defense would go up i guess.

Thanks again!

IncGamers Member

If you trade in SP, you can get stuff from our SPTF forums.
    Don't trust atma drop calculator. It is bugged.

IncGamers Member

Gomule drop calc also gives significantly improved drop rates while increasing from /p1 to /p3. However, I think it isn't much use if you take a lot longer to kill meph. The difference shouldn't mean much to a blizzard sorc though.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    Gomule drop calc also gives significantly improved drop rates while increasing from /p1 to /p3. However, I think it isn't much use if you take a lot longer to kill meph. The difference shouldn't mean much to a blizzard sorc though.
    Its mostly about striking a balance between teleport time and kill time. If the lions share of your time is spent killing, the players setting is too high. If the lion's share is spent teleporting, the players setting is too low. Even with a good map, a blizz sorc with decent gear can farm meph on p7 and still spend more time making the game and teleporting than killing - if that's you then p7 is the way to go.

However, if you're wearing low end gear, with low end gear on your merc, and killing meph is a challenge, then you should stick with p1.

IncGamers Member

So, to show some stuff..
    This is what i use at the moment.. for killing mephisto on hell difficulty.

Also, I play single player, so the teleporting is a minimum. takes very little time to get to durance 3 and mephisto himself.
    Killing him goes fairly quickly. 2min maybe?
    Edit: just timed it, 2 min with opening chests, selling stuff, buying pots. from start to finish
    Probably would be 1min20sec without all the extras.. on P1

Ideally, i should reroll while farming meph, to pure blizzard, then roll back later on.. for other bosses and areas.
    I use maybe 2-3 super manapots more on p3 compared to p1.

Basicly, i find this girlie pretty week. she dies from nothing atm, though my gear is pretty bad.. I got better gear lieing around, not much.
    Would give me a little more resistance, and higher defense.. MF is above 320 now.

Feel free to comment and shred my gear

Attached Images Attached Images

IncGamers Member

Protip: Use the red portal next to mephisto. Starting runs in act 4 will make them much faster.