Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 51112131415
    IncGamers Member

Re: Sorceress in hell.. advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    Nice crafted amulet Will come in handy if you go for 200 fcr build. Shame it's not a perfect 20 though.
    Full blizzard will always kill Mephisto much faster than anything else. But you may have trouble with cold immune Pindleskin.
    One tip by the way, switch your merc gear to damage reduction ( eg. shaftstop+rockstopper ) while running mephisto, because mephisto can't be leeched but DR is very effective against him.

I never did learn how to moat mephisto. I just tp right up to him and static then blizzard.

Yes it works.
    Good to know!
    Ya, I easily spent an entire character full of crap to craft it..
    Im getting up there again, so soon time for another round..

I will reset back to lightning when Im finished with meph. Im not much of a meph-fan atm, he is rude !

Moating is pretty safe compared to your tactic, i can do both, but use more pots if i dodge him etc.. and it generally takes longer..

If im lightning and got enough+skills, i can just go straight up, stand still, static and nuke him down.. doesnt take long.
    But with all this MF.. damage isnt that good.

Im running him on p7, Im assuming that is the best setting to have the very best chances of getting a spiderweb sash.(arachnid).
    Atleast there are several items I want from meph still, but he only drops those i have.. :(

My atma stash now holds 895 items.. (put my runes in there, so thats easily a 60ish items..

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

if you're running meph, give this guide a read. it has good informtion even if you decide to use something other than orb

One tip by the way, switch your merc gear to damage reduction ( eg. shaftstop+rockstopper ) while running mephisto, because mephisto can't be leeched but DR is very effective against him.
    from here:
    Hirelings vs. Bosses
    Hireling damage is 50% against Bosses in Normal, 35% in Nightmare, and 25% in Hell difficulties. Additionally, Hirelings takes 10 times more damage from End Act Bosses.

from the above posted guide:
    i. reduce damage of enemy attacks
    Dumb. Through gear damage reduction %. Mephisto does 1000% (10x) damage to Emilio.
    Shaftstop reduces received damage by 35%.
    1000% - 35% = 965%. Whoop tee doo. Yes, that's the correct calculation.

Smart. Through curses; i.e. Decrepify from Reaper's Toll. This reduces dealt damage by 50%
    so it's really 'only' 500% damage.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post
    if you're running meph, give this guide a read. it has good informtion even if you decide to use something other than orb

from here:
    Hirelings vs. Bosses
    Hireling damage is 50% against Bosses in Normal, 35% in Nightmare, and 25% in Hell difficulties. Additionally, Hirelings takes 10 times more damage from End Act Bosses.

Thanks for the reply
    I read a bit of that before, also the part about shaftstop reducing it with only 35%

I don't use orb, but blizzard..
    And its working for now, its just oooh so boring, must have killed mephisto about several thousand times on this character..
    Still i lack maras, oculus, arachnid, amongst other things.

On the plus side, i got 3 azurewraths i probably wont use from him..
    And today he donated me a tal rashas swirling crystal
    only lack 1 piece for tal rasha now.

If i only were playing on closed, i could have traded for anything by now..
    atma stash 949(there are some items i have several of in there, i will sort later ! )

Edit:
    Arachnid Mesh
    Spiderweb Sash
    Defense: 132
    Durability: 9 of 12
    Required Strength: 50
    Required Level: 80
    Item Version: 1.10+ Expansion
    Item Level: 87
    Fingerprint: 0xcd6377e7
    +110% Enhanced Defense
    Increase Maximum Mana 5%
    20% Faster Cast Rate
    +1 to All Skill Levels
    Slows Target by 10%
    Level 3 Venom (6/11 Charges)

Last edited by Kalimora; 30-03-2012 at 18:46. Reason: Hurray!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by crawlingdeadman View Post

from here:
    Hirelings vs. Bosses

This can't be right at all. I know hirelings take additional damage from bosses but it can't be 10x, not even close. It would imply that my Waheed with his 3000 hitpoints after CtA would effectively have only 300 hitpoints against Mephisto. At that rate, D, B or M should be killing my merc WAY faster than they kill my sorceress , which is completely at odds with what I see in the game. They would be one hitting them. Infact B can sometimes take off 1000 hp off my sorceress with a single melee hit if I'm amped. I've never seen that happen to mercs.

This guide says that mercs take 2x damage from bosses, which seems about right. I wouldn't trust Arreat summit.

Lastly, shaftstop+gaze combo really makes a difference against Mephisto ( if you are running only mephisto ), that's for sure. I don't know how the DR is calculated but it isn't negligible at all, otherwise it would be strictly worse than ebug stone+Tal rasha's helm which I normally use.

Congrats on the Arachnid mesh, and have you considered trading via the SPTF?

IncGamers Member

Congrats on the Arachnid mesh, and have you considered trading via the SPTF?
    Thanks!

And yes.

But I have no screenshots of any of my drops, nor do i really know what version i play. When i click battle.net no upgrades are popping up, so its probably 1.13d then i suppose.

I would only need Griffons Eye.

There seems to be too many rules and things to read up on, and when i look at the tradeforums I basicly get nothing
    Im sure there are explanations somewhere, but it seems like too much hassle.

I know nothing of values, so it makes it all so troublesome

I guess I will just do pindle till i get fed up, or get a griffon.

Sadly the rng-gods don't look upon me with approval, as i get no lightning skillers, no lightning facets, nor griffons
    Not that i got many facets, only 2, one cold one fire.. both 4%/5

Edit:

Im pondering..
    I got some input from others on this, but in general.
    I lack a lot of the tc87 items..

I will no doubt get some from pindle if I keep doing the runs, but I think they won't apply to me very much..

I could run the pit, for that the playersetting to use would be p7, correct?
    I would probably have to add more gear with +skills and survivability for that, mf would go way down.

I did pindle + threshsocket now, but read somewhere that thresh had a bug which made him not drop any uniques, as i havent seen any unique off him yet, Im a little uncertain there. Can anyone confirm his dropstatus?

All in all, the thing I should do, is the thing that gives me most chances at tc87 over time, I guess..

I think I am right when I say every monster in the pit can drop for instance Griffon's eye.
    So that's a lot of chances per run that I can get the item I want, but at a lower chance.

I'm a little stretched here.. Sure I want some items for some classes I might play, but what I need for my current class would be facets and Griffon.

I got arachnid, I got 2x Soj's.
    I lack grand skillers of vita, or simmering charm of vita..
    My life is at only at around 1000hp, with gear, goes up to 1100 with proper gear on.

I intend to go at Diablo later, in battle gear to find grand charms I can use to cube up.
    For vita with prefixes of simmering or shocking I wouldn't need any higher Ilvl I believe.
    And I lack a lot of essences off Diablo..
    I got 10 of baal's, 10of mephs.. Andariels are fast to get.. so.

Lots of rambling, just to put off pindleruns.
    Thanks for your time, and have a nice saturday!

Last edited by Kalimora; 31-03-2012 at 16:21. Reason: uhm

IncGamers Site Pal crawlingdeadman's Avatar

This can't be right at all. I know hirelings take additional damage from bosses but it can't be 10x, not even close. It would imply that my Waheed with his 3000 hitpoints after CtA would effectively have only 300 hitpoints against Mephisto. At that rate, D, B or M should be killing my merc WAY faster than they kill my sorceress , which is completely at odds with what I see in the game. They would be one hitting them. Infact B can sometimes take off 1000 hp off my sorceress with a single melee hit if I'm amped. I've never seen that happen to mercs.

This guide says that mercs take 2x damage from bosses, which seems about right. I wouldn't trust Arreat summit.

Lastly, shaftstop+gaze combo really makes a difference against Mephisto ( if you are running only mephisto ), that's for sure. I don't know how the DR is calculated but it isn't negligible at all, otherwise it would be strictly worse than ebug stone+Tal rasha's helm which I normally use.
    wha wha, burned by AS again. they are better than they used to be at least.

IncGamers Member

Players setting does not affect the chances of uniques, super-uniques and champions. So /p1 is the way to go if you're looking for unique items in particular. Higher player setting mean more drops from regular monsters, so way more charms, jewels, runes etc but it's not really advisable to run higher player setting until you can equip a better character.

Regarding pindle vs a85: The drop chance of a griffon's dropping from a unique is 1:50000 approx, and the odds of a griffon's from pindle 1:25000 approx. So 2 unique kills in the pits = 1 pindle kill. So, it's really difficult to be competitive with pindle, especially for a sorc.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    Players setting does not affect the chances of uniques, super-uniques and champions. So /p1 is the way to go if you're looking for unique items in particular. Higher player setting mean more drops from regular monsters, so way more charms, jewels, runes etc but it's not really advisable to run higher player setting until you can equip a better character.

Regarding pindle vs a85: The drop chance of a griffon's dropping from a unique is 1:50000 approx, and the odds of a griffon's from pindle 1:25000 approx. So 2 unique kills in the pits = 1 pindle kill. So, it's really difficult to be competitive with pindle, especially for a sorc.
    But it's much more fun to run pits than pindles. And it also works for all level 85 areas. Example: Chaos sanctuary.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post

Yes, pindle is nice that way.

But, every monster can drop griffon's, not just uniques/champions. so though they have low droprates, so does pindle.
    They still present one chance, and that one chance will come way more often in the pits.

Unless I am mistaken about the part where every monster can drop it.
    My sorc did the mistake of pressing waypoint in halls of pain..
    My barbarian is level 34 now, getting up steadily.
    So he'll be ready for pindle soon.

But it's much more fun to run pits than pindles. And it also works for all level 85 areas. Example: Chaos sanctuary.
    Yes, Pits is way more fun
    But the dark archers are a pain to take down with only 2% damage going through. and that is only p1.
    I expect I should be running the pits at p7.

What is the common playersetting to run the pits at?
    Threads I've read recommends p1 and only killing champions/uniques it seems.
    That kinda makes it seem a little slower than doing just pindles..

CHaos sanctuary have the spectres which takes time to finish off.

Am I a whining baby?

Thanks for input guys!

IncGamers Member

Thing is, pits are not great for a sorc, because of all the immunes.
    I would suggest using 'Crescent moon' runeword: It will reduce immunity after they have been broken by infinity.