Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Sorceress in hell.. advice needed

Quote Originally Posted by Fyourics View Post
    Wait, what? You have an ohm, but not a mal?
    Im not 100% certain, but I think so.
    Could be im wrong.
    is that obtainable in nightmare? It would have to be on my second computer, i havent checked it in a while, but i thought i got one.

Could be I'm wrong of course. I guess I probably are

I know I have at least 1ist, 1um 1 pul. I think maybe 2 Pul's... But if I lack the Ohm I can just postpone this project

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by magicrectangle View Post
    Sorry the conversation kind of wandered. We weren't recommending you get a CtA, that's high level gear that you're unlikely to be able to afford to make yourself any time soon. You could get insanely lucky and get mal, ist, and ohm - but don't plan on it.
    Yeah, I won't try to aim to get a certain high level rune.. thats worse than what I'm currently doing, by farming Mephisto for oculus and harlequin.

I'm actually pondering if I should get a more durable class to farm baal with.. an amazon perhaps.
    I haven't been able to get the right gear to go deep into energy shield yet either..

IncGamers Member

If you do want to go amazon WSK/Baal farming, the Fishyzon is the way to go.

I'm not sure choosing to go to a zon farming WSK without any gear is going to get you better results than a sorc farming meph without any gear, though. Assuming trading isn't an option, meph farming is pretty much the way to go until you have a decent stock of uniques/sets.

I'd farm meph until you can't stand to look at him anymore. By then you should have the gear you need to farm chaos or WSK on your sorc (or any other char you feel like starting).

IncGamers Member

If you do want to go amazon WSK/Baal farming, the Fishyzon is the way to go.

I'm not sure choosing to go to a zon farming WSK without any gear is going to get you better results than a sorc farming meph without any gear, though. Assuming trading isn't an option, meph farming is pretty much the way to go until you have a decent stock of uniques/sets.

I'd farm meph until you can't stand to look at him anymore. By then you should have the gear you need to farm chaos or WSK on your sorc (or any other char you feel like starting).

I got a good bit necromancer gear, some assassin set pieces.
    I got a good bit of weaponry for a dualwield barbarian.
    Not sure how good it all is.. but seems decent to me.
    For starters, i have 3x azurewrath, which probably isnt the best ones..
    I got ethereal edge and the minotaur.. those seems decent atleast.

Got a few pieces of trang oul and natalyas.. 2 pieces of immortal king. the club and boots.
    Basic other useless sets which i collected for fun..
    The disciple, the orphan.. Aldur's.. Most of these i have several pieces of.
    Though none is great..

the best weapon for amazon is arioc's i think +4skills.
    Buruza crossbow..

I actually got a few pieces suggested in your guide, but ofcourse i lack the good ones
    Which is my problem generally, no matter what class i should use.

I guess I'll keep doing mephisto a while longer.
    I should probably reroll to get maximum blizzard damage, if that is what kills him fastest.
    I used 1 reset already, so 2 left.. until i have to farm the essences. mephisto drops his essence constantly.. So that one wont be a problem, the other 2 im not so sure about..

Maybe I should have gone on closed battlenet instead, that way at least leveling up would be faster.
    My killspeed is pretty low in general, I think if i could control my merc, I would actually kill faster that way..
    He does up to 1600dmg now, and his weapon isnt great, i got better waiting.. but he cant use them yet..

IncGamers Member

Pure blizzard is definitely great for meph. You might add andy to your run too, she has good drops if she is bugged - does andy bug happen in single player? Even if she's not bugged, her drops are okay, and she is pretty easy. She is murder on the merc, but with pure blizzard she dies in 1-2 blizzards so keeping your merc alive becomes not too big a problem.

IncGamers Member

Pure blizzard is definitely great for meph. You might add andy to your run too, she has good drops if she is bugged - does andy bug happen in single player? Even if she's not bugged, her drops are okay, and she is pretty easy. She is murder on the merc, but with pure blizzard she dies in 1-2 blizzards so keeping your merc alive becomes not too big a problem.
    She's not bugged for me atleast, all progressed as it should.. So i got the bad droprates !
    But i could probably add her to my run.

I think I will do that, pure blizzard, its not much to gain on p1. But i can incrase to p4 which should increase my drops by quite a bit..
    Maybe even p7-8..

My merc I will probably leave dead.. he's pretty much only a HPpot-drain until he gets insight.

IncGamers Member

However did you get 3 Azurewraths. That is one of the rarest items in the game. I have like 5 lightsabers but no Azure :(

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    However did you get 3 Azurewraths. That is one of the rarest items in the game. I have like 5 lightsabers but no Azure :(
    All Mephisto from level 72-77.. only killing him.. with around 150-250 in MF, thats quite a few kills. i also died quite a few times..

Im struggling to find somewhere i can use them though, not that i can even equip them yet anyways.

They could be usefull on a barbarian dualwielder?
    The low physical damage tells me there could be better ones out there.. +1 skills and the attributes and the magic+cold dmg tells me they would be mean on mostly anything without magic immunities and cold immunes.

I also found a gheeds fortune yesterday, probably the worst roll on it ever
    about lowest gold and mf% you can get, but i got it atleast!

- Edit
    Seems i had no OHM

I have a perhaps easy question.
    Im looking for charms, small ones, simmering or high resist. and the odd MF charm that could drop.
    Most guides claim i should farm ilv54 charms. those are found in travincal and the areas around there.
    i got a few charms.. nothing good a +8 cobalt cold resist charm..
    However the charms i get, atma tells me they are ilv52, or 53..

im doing these farm runs on nightmare, where im pretty much unbeatable, and i farm on p8, fairly effective. My merc can even stay alive!

Should i instead go to hell, or a later act to farm charms?
    I also read here i believe, that the logs etc in upper kurast tend to drop charms often.

Basicly, if you guys know, at version 1.13, where to farm for proper resistance charms, please do tell.

My inventory is pretty much full of bad charms, i could free up a lot of space by getting good ones instead.

Thanks!

Last edited by Kalimora; 20-02-2012 at 18:56.

IncGamers Member

What does your build look like now?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimora View Post
    Im struggling to find somewhere i can use [Azurewrath] though, not that i can even equip them yet anyways.

They could be usefull on a barbarian dualwielder?
    The Sanctuary aura is fantastic for fighting undead... in single-player (i.e. no temp-bans for fast runs) a Pindleskin runner/horker barbarian build is fantastic (20 Whirlwind, Sword Mastery, BattleOrders, Find Item). You really don't need the 2nd Azurewrath in that case, especially if you have something better instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalimora View Post
    Basicly, if you guys know, at version 1.13, where to farm for proper resistance charms, please do tell.

My inventory is pretty much full of bad charms, i could free up a lot of space by getting good ones instead.
    Are you saving your PGems? Rerolling high-level charms (i.e. pretty much any that drop in Hell, though you can go as far back as late Act3 Nightmare and get your resistance-charms) with 3-pgems is generally the best way to go.

Otherwise, just keep trucking along - you'll find good ones eventually, it just won't happen overnight.