Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Sorceress in hell.. advice needed

Or, you can use a 'harmony' bow to run around quickly in towns ( on weapon switch )
    Your items are pretty okay. I'd suggest go ahead and complete the game.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    Or, you can use a 'harmony' bow to run around quickly in towns ( on weapon switch )
    This is a pretty delightful thing for anybody who doesn't have CtA. I just wish I could still do this and also have my battle orders.

IncGamers Member

I think if you have max block, you don't really need CtA.
    I have 2 sorcs, one is a max vita nova/blizz sorc with Tals and spirit ( she has cta ), and the other is max block with visceretaunt, hoto, arachs, vipermagi etc. She has harmony on switch. One good thing about max block is that you have huge dex so I could equip my amazon's old harmony blade bow and not bother making a new one.

IncGamers Member

Need? Maybe not, but I'm not going to give it up just so I can run faster in town. I always end my games in A4 anyway.

IncGamers Member

That's only for mephisto though. I run a lot of weird places like Mausoleum, crypt, maggot lair, act 3 temples, ancients way etc. ( all high level areas with no fire immunes ), and act 2/3 are pretty big to get to waypoints and tp point and the gambling shops.

IncGamers Member

I do travi->nihlathak->chaos

The extent of my walking in town is quite limited. I suppose if I did a lot of act 2 stuff I might want harmony enough to consider a build that didn't need CtA. I don't know what you're on about a3 though. So long as you don't end the game in A3, the TP spot is right next to the WP. Just don't make it your last stop, and do your gambling/shopping in a4.

BattleTag kestegs-1550
    And if you are in act 2 at the start just take warriv back to act 1 and hit the wp as it's very close.

IncGamers Member

CTA would probably be a good idea for me.
    Though I haven't got any MAL yet i think..

Nor have i managed to make a single runeword yet, due to missing bases. Maybe im too picky, or just having bad luck.

I already got 3 weapons on swap, a 4th would prove a bit much maybe. Though it would make my survivability way higher.
    At the moment i can hardly static mephisto, as that leaves me dead 1/3rd of the times.. it takes a minimal amount of time before i die..

I'm at frigid highlands now.. As i die so fast, i think ill just teleport around and do the vital parts, not kill too much.
    There are probably better places for me to level up, where there are no cold-resists..

I was thinking i could farm the steps for a monarch so i could make spirit, but without tals belt on, im way behind on strenght.
    Only 7 levels more and i can wear it without tal rashas belt.

My merc is total trash too, he dies all the time. I put some lifeleech on him now, he has 14% on hits, so that made him a bit stronger.
    When he bothers to put the aura on he's at 6300def about. Resistances still not maxed at hell difficulty, so thats one of the reasons i guess.

I've yet to find a polearm i can put insight into, which wont make him a total pushover.
    He's not able to stay alive very long, so he cant tank, which means he has to kill..

I wouldn't attempt to get to baal with a hardcore character at this level atleast. I forsee a lot of deaths!

Thanks for the CTA advise! I will look for a mal, and see if i can make it

IncGamers Member

Wait, what? You have an ohm, but not a mal?

IncGamers Member

Sorry the conversation kind of wandered. We weren't recommending you get a CtA, that's high level gear that you're unlikely to be able to afford to make yourself any time soon. You could get insanely lucky and get mal, ist, and ohm - but don't plan on it.