There are simply too many options to choose from gear wise.
But these are going to be a part of my build:
The rest I have no idea about. There are enigma,ormus,viperskin,occu,hoto,spirit,stormshiel d,shako,griffons, way too much to choose from. I just want to know what is the definitive best, regardless of wealth.
Well. I'll tell you my gear, I'm a pure light sorc and I use her mainly to MF. But, if you are going to be a pure light sorc and MF in hell, it is a very good idea to have a merc with an infinity to break the light immunes. Seeing as lightning will be your only source of damage besides the merc. A might merc is a good idea, that way they can deal a bit more damage to light immunes if you end up not getting an infinity. I run through hell chaos no problem at all.
Gloves - Magefist
Boots - Travs
Armor - Tals armor socketed with Ral rune for extra fire res
Ring - 30mf nagel
Ring - 10%FCR/18%MF/25cold res/8res the rest
Weapon - Occy socketed with a 5/5 light facet
Helm - Shako
Shield - Spirit Monarch
Belt - Arachs
Now on top of this I also carry a few lightning gc's, an anni, and a torch. So that adds to the +skill level as well.
Enigma is not really needed, it does give +2 skills but you already have teleport, so if you wanted the +2 skills I'd wear a CoH instead. Vipermagi is a great armor, I used it in hell for a very very long time. I up'd mine though, so it had around 850-900 defense. Hoto will give you an extra skill point, but no MF. Spirit over SS any day of the week as far as shield goes. As far as griffons goes, it adds damage to the lightning, but lacks the +2 skills, MF, life and mana adds, and the 10% DR that shako gives you. So it all depends on what which direction you want to take her. Add damage and have less MF, or add MF and have less damage. I do about 30k lightning, around 11k chain lightning.
Pure Light is popular because it can kill just about anything.
However, breaking the immunities is just the first step. There is a cool guide in the stickies if you wish to learn more about the subject, but all you really need to know, practically, is that you need gear with -ELR (- enemy light resist) on it.
There are 5 sources of this mod:
- Griffon's Eye, 15-20% (don't care about +% dmg portion)
- Tal's Orb (partial set bonus), 15%
- Lightning facets, 3-5% (don't care about +% dmg portion)
- 'Crescent Moon' sword, 35%
- 'Infinity' Polearm, 45-55% (not applied to you if equipped on your merc)
Without any of the above, your light sorc is going to do crappy damage to quite a few mobs, as they will have very high lightning resistance (as high as 98%; yes, your 1-30k Lightning just dropped to 1-600) after having their immunity broken.
Now, there are -many- ways to build a MF pure Light sorc. The only fixed gear are 'Spirit' Monarch (don't go MB, you don't need it), Magefists (or Trangs, unless you really don't need the FCR such as in some HotO builds) and Arach (unless full Tal's). People usually do these combinations:
- Full Tal's (cheap, takes care of resists and MF, 105FCR bp with magies and p-Spirit, low BO lvl, less brute dmg than Unique/RW options)
- Griff + CM + Viper (very powerful vs broken immunes, meaning very good dmg on any foe that you can dmg, less brute dmg vs non-immunes, lower MF)
- Griff + HotO + CoH (biggest dmg, lower MF)
- 200 FCR (a very specific setup that you can look up; insane speed, best option imo if you can afford; lower MF)
- Shako + CM + Viper (might as well go with full Tal's)
- Shako + Occy + 3piece Tal's (avoid like the plague; this is okay-ish for Blizz sorcs but absolutely crap for pure light sorcs)
Facets go on wherever you can fit them unless you really don't need the extra -ELR (Griff/CM setups) or need Um for res. Do note that faceted Tal's won't give you full resale value on the facets. Still worth it; my 94 light sorc is still wearing those and running Baals.
You're being reductive. There isn't one single best build. You need to know what you want. The two builds I PM'd you before you started this thread (the 200% FCR pure dps and the 117% FCR with some MF) are both quite good. You wouldn't really be going wrong with either of them.