Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Beta testers whats up with dodge?

Right now every point of dext gives 0,1 % dodge chance. That means that with 1000 dext u get a 100% chance to dodge, something really easily achievable at lvl 60 atm probably. Of course something like that cant be true. Can someone with beta access test if there is a hard cap or diminishing returns as u get to higher percentages of dodge. Thx.

IncGamers Member

Re: Beta testers whats up with dodge?

I dont have beta. But couldnt it mean +x% increased chance to dodge? Lets say your chance to dodge normal attacks is 30%, now you have 1000 additional dex, thus +100% of your normal dodge rating - giving you 30%+30%=60% dodge, not 130%.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

It probably scales different with level. For example, @ level 60 1 dex may = 0.01% dodge.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    It probably scales different with level. For example, @ level 60 1 dex may = 0.01% dodge.
    At which point the min/maxers will likely identify the point of diminishing returns; where it is no longer smart to persue more dodge at the expense of other stats?

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by snifsnif View Post
    At which point the min/maxers will likely identify the point of diminishing returns; where it is no longer smart to persue more dode at the expense of other stats?
    Exactly. The soft cap and hard caps will likely play a dominant role in final builds.

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

With the changes to critical strike and how classes convert it to dodge %, I'm interested in seeing how crit % on items is presented. Is it +5% chance to crit?

Anyone seen an item with crit on it yet?

i suppose we should w8 and see. But if u check a wizard pic lvl 31 that i cant find right now :P u will see that it doesnt scale differently with lvl. I find more probable for it to have a hard cap at around 50%.

BattleTag Zokar -1451

I picked up an item with 1% life steal 1% crit a few hours ago.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by snifsnif View Post
    At which point the min/maxers will likely identify the point of diminishing returns; where it is no longer smart to persue more dodge at the expense of other stats?
    I think most of your dodge will come from other sources anyway. The point of stacking dex will be for the damage with the dodge just being a little bonus.

IncGamers Member

I'm interested in this topic. Before, it was simple. Multiplicatively stacking sources of dodge that leads to natural diminishing returns. If you have 50% dodge, and you get another source that has 60%, the second source will only give you 30%.

With the new way dexterity works, it will be interesting to know what they do, especially considering it is the primary stat for monks, who already have mantra of evasion and other sources of dodge.