Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

[Patch 10 info] Oh @#$%!...Nephalem Altars removed. Swap skill fest is BACK

"Nephalem Altars have been removed and players can now swap unlocked skills at any point during gameplay via the Skills list. This will impose a 30-second cooldown on the newly-activated skill, during which time the skill cannot be exchanged for another."

''Please note that the skills system is still considered a work-in-progress and will be undergoing additional changes in future patches. This iteration of the system is not final."

Blizzard is backpedaling or is just me having this impression?

"We don't want you guys out of the fray, so caudron + cube."

Then, removed, cause going to town was nice.

"We don't want skill swap to become meta-game."

Now this joke is back...what is happenig?

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

Re: [Patch 10 info] Oh @#$%!...Nephalem Altars removed. Swap skill fest is BACK

Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    "Nephalem Altars have been removed and players can now swap unlocked skills at any point during gameplay via the Skills list. This will impose a 30-second cooldown on the newly-activated skill, during which time the skill cannot be exchanged for another."
    Now this joke is back...what is happenig?
    They want to slow down inflation by limiting the resources you can farm before going to town, but they don't want you to have to slow down your progress by switching skills in town.

Seems pretty clear to me.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

You sure did interpret that change in a very strange way. They have changed it so you can't abuse it, which was the only issue people really had with the first iteration of it.

IncGamers Member

I know..reading with a more cool head, i understand that it prevents abuse (dont know if we could or could not change skills in cooldow).

It's just that im a little frustrated with Blizzard latelly.

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

Faith restored. The people at blizzard can see obvious and easy solutions to problems.

IncGamers Member

I am very much for this change. The Nephalem alter was kind of an unnecessary annoyance.

IncGamers Member Scorch Hellfire's Avatar
    BattleTag Scorch-1428

I like that skills are swappable anywhere again, but I wish they would make the cooldown longer. I think people will try to abuse the free swapping in the field even with having to wait for 30 seconds to swap them again. It should be more like 5 minutes (the exception being when you first put a skill into a newly unlocked slot)...

Because **** you blizzard, thats why.

Remember, this is still a VERY unfinished system and is clearly a stopgap. Still, it frustrates me that after 4 years of tinkling with god knows how many new systems, they're finally beating everything with cooldowns. So much for innovation and iteration.

IncGamers Member
    BattleTag Mux-1555

Quote Originally Posted by humungous View Post
    Remember, this is still a VERY unfinished system and is clearly a stopgap. Still, it frustrates me that after 4 years of tinkling with god knows how many new systems, they're finally beating everything with cooldowns. So much for innovation and iteration.
    In other news, someone posted datamined skill affixes added to this patch!