objective of this build is to have Fetishes out fighting by your side 100% of the time. With this build you will find that:
1) you will have a few fetishes fighting by your side all the time. sometimes youll have a lot of them and other times youll have 1-2 only.
2) Some crowd control
3) very mana efficient
4) lots of survivability
5) very strong pve build (no clue if it will be good at pvp... time will tell)
6) clears rooms with lots of mobs fast
7) simple to play
the build can be found here:
commentary on skills:
1) Fetish Army: Gold Rune + Tribal Rights (passive) = brings the CD for this spell down to roughly 1 minute. This combo allows for fetishes to be up and about more often. the Jungle Fortitude is the cookie for this spell as well as it makes your fetishes "tankier."
2) Big Bad Voodo: Crimson Rune + tribal rights (passive) + jungle fortitude (passive). Cast this at the same time that Fetish Army is cast to optimize the damage boost from fetish army and to help clear rooms fast as hell.
3) Hex: Gold Rune + Jungle Fortitude (passive) + tribal rights (passive). Ive played with Hex in beta and the range on the shaman while casting chicken is very small. Furthermore, mobs die pretty fast anyways so the other rune I was considering (alabaster) seemed not to matter in overall room clearing ability. The gold rune adds more versatility and gives the shaman something else to do when hes not casting chickens. Also its safe to say that you wont be able to turn bosses into chickens so having your shaman cast heals to you, your army, and your party members seems like it will be more useful for boss fights.
4) Gargantuan: Crimson Rune + jungle Fortitude (passive). Basically helps with bosses and elites and large packs of mobs and is your mainstay tank thats always around no matter what (its not a fetish but looks cool and is needed to tank and to thicken out your army. I was also considering indigo rune for the cleave and for pvp the best choice is probably alabaster rune for the stun. However for overall DPS and help "when you need it most" in pve then Crimson rune becomes a great option.
5) Horrify: Obsidian Rune. what more can I say... 9 seconds of crowd control buys more time waiting for Fetish Army to come back up and buys you a lot of survivability. Also while mobs are feared your fetishes get in free hits and dont take any damage. those of you who play WOW know how powerful fear can be in both pvp and pve. I expect the same to hold true in D3. this spell is amazing both offensively and defensively.
6) Poison Dart: gold rune + Fetish Sycophants (passive). This is your spamable mana efficient physical realm spell that synergizes with Fetish Sycophants (physical realm spells have a 3% chance to summon a fetish). This is pretty much the main spell you are going to sit back behind your fetish army and cast the entire time you are playing this game. Its the spell most suited for working with Fetish Sycophants because of its low mana cost and being a physical realm spell.
7) Tribal Rights (passive): lowers the cooldown of all your fetish spells by 25%. considering this build utilizes all 3 fetish spells this is a no brainer here.
8) Fetish Sycophants (passive): used in conjunction with the WD's most spammable cheapest physical realm spell (gold runed poison dart) and should have no problem keeping 1-2 fetishes active when fetish army isnt up.
9) jungle fortitude: Helps you and all 4 of your summon spells.
10) Follower: I like the Scoundrel for the precision aura which will greatly increase the DPS of your army. I also like the Scoundrel for Powered Shot (knockback) which will help keep mobs away from the backline (where your WD and follower will spend more of their time). You can see the build for the Scoundrel here:
Thats pretty much it. with this build all you have to do is cast your fetish spells when timer is up and spam poison dart. use horrify when you want a tactical advantage (whether its to buy more time or to use offensively to give your fetishes free hits on mobs)
critiques are welcome of course.