Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Key Bindings in Diablo 3

deleted post.

Last edited by please; 30-03-2012 at 20:58.

IncGamers Member

Re: Key Bindings in Diablo 3

You can rebind the hotkeys in D3.

IncGamers Member JustAnotherOldGeezer's Avatar

i've been wondering this too

i cant imagine NOT being able to swap teleport on right click as i did in D2... it just feels unnatural for me to have to hit whatever number 1-4 and hover my mouse over the destination location.

i'd be interested to hear any beta players feedback, especially if they were long-time d2 players

I've been a long-time d2 player and I was very used to cast everything with the right click.

The beta currently allows us only to use only 4 skills. Yet, I never had to choose between which skill would fit the best on the right mouse click. Some skills feel indeed easier to cast with the right mouse button, but it all comes down to the same process and with practice, there is about no difference.

IncGamers Member JustAnotherOldGeezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gamekk View Post
    I've been a long-time d2 player and I was very used to cast everything with the right click.

The beta currently allows us only to use only 4 skills. Yet, I never had to choose between which skill would fit the best on the right mouse click. Some skills feel indeed easier to cast with the right mouse button, but it all comes down to the same process and with practice, there is about no difference.
    thanks! good to hear it's just a matter of getting used to it.

IncGamers Site Pal
    Diablo 3 Beta Tester
    BattleTag Bowzer -1925

I have re-bound my mouse keys to my bar skills, as I have three programmable keys on the side of my mouse.

The only thing I'm currently using my keyboard for in combat is shift attacking and chugging pots.

I've been meddling with a way to hot switch macro sets and extend those 3 keys to 6 by using the mouse scroll button. Been having a hard time being efficient with it, but I just need to get used to it I guess.

IncGamers Member

Yeah, haven't done it yet, but I plan on using the buttons on my mouse. The beta was a little easy, so I only had to use two skills the whole time. This time around, after the wipe, I am going to try some off the wall type classes and program some buttons on my mouse so I can do the skills from there. Just use the shift key and pots button as Bowers said.

BattleTag Chaboi-1594

As the development process continues to mature..I want more and more for blizzard to open the game up to modding. That way I can use the UI the way I want and the newer players can have the simplified interface for their benefit

IncGamers Member

Also, just as a quick note which is hopefully obvious... but if it isn't...

Since you move using the mouse, your left hand is not bound to the WASD keys for movement, like it is in many other games. As a result, there is actually little stress or finger gymnastics necessary to hit the number keys (default bindings). I am probably going to map skills #3 and #4 to my additional mouse buttons just so I can play with one hand for a while, but in the beta I have had no problems occasionally jamming the "1" key when necessary, because I can basically just leave my hand resting on that key until it's needed.

I am not a beta tester so I cant vouch for how it will work "in game", but with the current set up I will probably only rebind 1 key. Keep Auto Attack on left click and 1 spell on right click. Main Index finger on 4, Middle on 3, Ring on 2, Pinky 1. 5 will still be potion button but rebind ~ to my last skill, which will be my most situation based ability.

Spam fingers = 4/3/right click