Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Re: OT: The SPF Path of Exile Thread

Started playing last Thursday. My ranger is level 51 now. Awesome game so far. I hit a gear block at around levels 30 and 50. No problem though since crafting a new weapon solved that nicely. I'm in Cruel Act III now, and resistances are indeed important. Some rare mobs (elemental damage, increased critical strike chance etc.) just completely blow up my character if I'm not careful. The experience loss keeps a casual gamer like me on my toes even on Default (softcore) league.

I'm actually kind of torn between full elemental and full physical ranger. My build is currently aimed at full ele, but I just crafted a nice physical damage bow and I'm having a lot of fun with Frenzy (faster attack speed) + Split Arrow + Projectile Weakness (increased projectile damage, chance to knockback etc.) curse. Actually, my build is almost a hybrid at the moment: I have a few +% elemental damage nodes and a few +%physical damage and +% crit chance/crit multiplier nodes. Not sure where to go, so my first character is probably going to end up "suboptimal" (oh, the horror!).

Anyway, it seems the servers are really unstable now that prime time started in Europe.

edit: Three uniques so far. A couple of nice twinking items, I think.
    Spoiler

BattleTag kestegs-1550

Man, everyone loves the bows! I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the classes, the whole idea of them not really having any differences other than their starting passive tree position and their level up bonuses is still weird to me.

I'm maybe 1/3 through act 3 now. I agree that resistances are rather important, especially on bosses.

Does anyone know you're energy shield works? Is it applied before or after evasion/armor/resistances?

My ranger is also going to be rather sub optimal as well, I'm just picking things I think look good at the time, and it's easy to get off on a tangent for sure. I've been using exploding arrow a bit more since I found it at the start of act 3. Looks like it could be pretty good. I'm also leveling up frenzy, even though I don't use it. Looks to be a good skill when I can pair it with other stuff better.
    Last edited by kestegs; 28-01-2013 at 18:30.

A dude in college was talking about this game a lot... I have to really control myself and not download it

IncGamers Member NagisaFurukawa's Avatar
    BattleTag mizu-1544

A game where bow isn't completely gimped? Hmm...

I've started today. No clue what I am doing yet, but it's fun.

How can u play this is not just a beta?

It's an open beta now.

Nice I might try it then!

IncGamers Member

Still chugging along and up to about lvl 21 now. Couple of questions:

How do people stay stocked up with wisdom (identify) scrolls? If I collect all the base items to get the scraps to make the scrolls then i keep having to TP back to town frequently and I start running out of TP scrolls. If I only collect blue/yellow items then I don't get the scraps to make the scrolls and I can't identify them!

I see some of you have picked up uniques. Where have you found them? I have had 27% increased item rarity for a while now and have been rekilling some of the boss monsters but nothing so far (not even getting many rares from them. More from just random drops.

Has anyone done much trading yet? What is the order of value for all the differnt orbs/currency items?

Lots of fun so far and a lot to learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodgydave View Post
    How do people stay stocked up with wisdom (identify) scrolls? If I collect all the base items to get the scraps to make the scrolls then i keep having to TP back to town frequently and I start running out of TP scrolls. If I only collect blue/yellow items then I don't get the scraps to make the scrolls and I can't identify them!
    I have the same trouble. Also, it appeared to me that some items became 'worthless' after a certain point, i.e. I was picking up every little thing to sell thinking I could earn my scrolls but some items didn't appear to earn me even an ID scroll. Maybe I was just sleep deprived... At that point I started just picking up armors and blue/yellow items. Armors seem to always give at least one id scroll whereas weapons didn't seem to earn.

I'm only level 9, just got through the murky passageway or whatever it's called.

Is everyone/anyone doing full clears or just heading for the next area? I've inadvertently done full clears of every area getting lost and/or looking for the next area. Is anyone besides Dave doing boss runs? I've re-killed a few bosses/magic enemies as I've had to re-enter respawned areas (this is one aspect I don't particularly like, but I suppose it's less drain on the server than dropping and restarting a game. As I'm questing I'm wishing the timer was longer but I suppose when it comes time to farm I'll wish it was shorter )