Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    BattleTag kestegs-1550

Re: OT: The SPF Path of Exile Thread

Nice, that's the exact setup I'm using! Didn't plan it or anything, those runes just dropped. Making some nice progress so far and I think I'm almost done with act 2 now

Quote Originally Posted by BobTheWarrior View Post
    My character's name is Bob_Templar, feel free to add me. I saw Baron on last night but was just figuring out the friends/chat functions when I had to sign off.
    Did you try to add me? I'm sorry, I was in the middle of a NDE and closed the box without reading it. After a while I figured it could be a friend request, looked for info on the friends tab and it wasn't a log or info, so I couldn't add you after I died.

IncGamers Member

I had to give this a go since it is made by fellow Kiwis.

Started with a Shadow and no idea what I'm doing wrt build or skills. Haven't read anything so playing completely unspoiled. Really just want to get a feel for the game.

Unfortunately I seem to have started at a time when they are having problems with the server so a lot of disconnects and server down.

I also don't know whether the machine I'm using is up to it. Had a couple of crashes where my computer just entirely shuts down despite setting the graphics to as low as possible.

I see from their support forum others have had similar problems. Anyone here experienced this?

BattleTag kestegs-1550

I've disconnected maybe 3 times since I started. Lag has been a bit worse today, but really not that bad at all. Yesterday when I tried to start it up it completely bugged out and I had to restart my computer, but other then that it's been good.

I've been a long time follower of the game, although I hadn't actively played for about half a year prior to OB launch.

Group play is encouraged, but those looking for SP-like gaming experience will find PoE enjoyable. I haven't partied since starting to play again a couple days ago, I like to explore the game at my own pace, a lot has changed since I last played. I already lost 2 ~lvl 30 characters in the newly added act 3, no lags or DCs to blame though, the game servers are very stable, except for today when they're getting DDOS-attacked.

If anyone feels like rolling HC, feel free to add me, my user name is the same as on these forums. Btw dieing in HC transfers the character to default league, so from a SC player's view you dont lose anything (=

And if youre still not sure if you even want to try PoE - there really is no reason not to, given that the game is completely free with only fluff items in the cash shop (except that, coming from D2 SP, youll probably be very tempted to invest in stash tabs after playing for a while), and its likely the closest game to D2 roots youll ever see, while offering a ton of innovations as well.

Downloaded the thing, did two quests as a fireball/zombie sorc (cool!), was disconnected and cannot login again. Oh well, this is why I don't like online only stuff. On the plus side, the game looks nice and shady.

Maybe I'm just a newcomer, but bows rock. Really rock. Start a ranger, make a few quests to get skill gems, move them to stash and play.

I'm playing with marauder archer - maraurcher . I plan to to use life instead of mana, marauder has the life... (Not my idea, I saw a brazilian youtuber doing it - he didn't explained the build, but it's cool) I use an ammy for dex and it's being a lot more funnier than. Poison arrow + "multishot" (I forgot the right name, but it's shoting more than 1 arrow) is very good.

If everything plays well, I plan to squeeze in double totem later...

IncGamers Member

Yeah, I've been rocking a bow and poison arrow on my shadow. Certainly kicks but so far but I'm only lvl 13 I think.

Agree on the bow. I'm playing a Templar and started out dual weilding clubs with some cold damage stones in them, then found 'split arrow' I think it's called and switched to bow. Also found a quiver that grants cold damage. I love the fact that they didn't implement annoying things like stamina and having to find arrows, unlimited arrows is so nice. My only problem is I maxed the level of split arrow and can't upgrade until I get more dex but there is no dex close to my character on the skills map, so I'm stuck waiting on something to drop with added dex.

Found two uniques so far, gloves and boots, both with increased MF (6% and 4%, I think).

Also earned a 'raise zombie' stone and used that to generate meat shields. They're pathetic but decent for keeping from getting swarmed as long as I stay behind them.

@Bob - Check the vendors, more often than not the one selling jewelery will have the necklace with up to +30 dex as its base bonus, plus any affixes that may spawn on it. Shops reset every time you level up (and once a day otherwise or so Ive heared).

Bows are a good way to start, melee can get pretty tough soon if you dont know what youre doing. Also I find now in open beta energy shield (which most spell casters would use) somewhat underpowered to start out with, so if you stick with the other defenses (armor, evasion or both) then more power to you. I highly recommend all +life nodes on your passive tree that you happen to get close to, even if not playing hardcore youll really be appreciating them later on. And unlike D2, resistances actually matter in the later acts even on normal difficulty. So as a marauder, getting the resistance mods close to your starting area might be good idea, not a big deal to respec them if you get to late game and craft/find good gear with resistances.

Been pretty busy last couple days so made no progress with my mace/shield duelist, last time I played during the DDOS attacks I got disconnected several times on my way to the boss of the first act.