Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    BattleTag nswhorse-1450

Re: OT: The SPF Path of Exile Thread

It's being made by Kiwis. They would delight in Aussies being the last to know.

PoE is pretty cool, unfortunately with a new job and trying to keep a different company I own going, any gaming time is terribly minimized.

More to the point, with D3, TL2 and PoE coming out (not to mention Grim Dawn, but that's a bit further out) I've been trying to figure out which will be the best follow up to D2 and in the end, I think our community is the biggest factor to me. Unfortunately that's a bit more difficult to predict how it will work out that the game play issues of the other options.

BattleTag Breezy1189-1970

I checked out PoE and it seems like a pretty solid game. I like the way the skill gems work, seems very interesting as far
    as how much customization you can delve into. I signed up for a beta invite. Just going to sit back and wait patiently...
    Maybe soon I'll be playing with you guys.

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Maher View Post
    WTF is Path of Exile, and how do I get into the beta?
    Path of Exile is a hack-n-slash RPG.

Classes: STR, DEX, INT, STR/DEX hybrid, STR/INT hybrid, DEX/INT hybrid. So for STR, you have some ugly barbarian like figure (Marauder). For STR/DEX, you have a fencer of some sort who's much less bulky than the pure STR class to reflect the DEX hybridization (Duelist). And so on.

Skills: quite possibly the most interesting thing about the game. "Skills" are actually found in your socketables (that is, the equivalent of D2's runes, gems, jewels). For example, one of my gem gives the Poison Arrow skill. To level up the skill, you socket the gem into your gear and it gains experience with you.

What do you by leveling up then? Here's a screenie I took. There's this really big spider web. Your points go into the nodes, and you basically travel from one node to the next. Each point gives you something (stats, attack speed, attack rating, evasion, all sorts of cool stuff). Eventually, if you follow the web long enough, you'll find some gg nodes (see lower portion).

As far as I know, according to their website's FAQ, PoE will be free to play when it comes out, but online only (no SP). There will be things you can only get with real money, but it's VANITY only (or so their site says).

To get a beta key, go to our OT forum and beg. That's what me and coju did. :P

[edit] And beta players also get beta keys to give out to their friends from time to time. If I get any, I'll be sending them out to you guys. <3

BattleTag Breezy1189-1970

Yeah if any body comes across an extra beta key let me know. I'll trade pgems lol. =)

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by YoungDbl View Post
    Yeah if any body comes across an extra beta key let me know. I'll trade pgems lol. =)
    Drop me a PM if you want a beta key

Wow. Just looked up PoE. And it looks extremely like D2. Including the Fire Bolt skill. Looks a little different though, but interesting. I may have to look it up again soon.
    My first thought was copyright issues, but maybe not. The health and mana bulb are pretty much identical too.

Is PoE only Beta? I've been hunting high and low for this after all the hype

closed beta. yes. no kittehs' allowed until you get a magic key.

I happened upon this game accidentally recently and after reading about it and watching a few vids it intrigued me enough to download it. I remembered this thread and thought it may be a good idea to necro it as PoE went Open Beta yesterday, meaning you can go and download and play it right now after you register, no beta key required.

Per their website, the game is "free to play and free to win, always", apparently you don't have to spend any cash to have the full experience. Be warned it's a 5.1GB download. My download finished last night but I haven't had a chance to do any more than fire it up to make sure it works. Not sure if there is a 'friends' function similar to bnet, if there is feel free to add me, BobTheWarrior.

So, anyone else here playing? Also, FYI, there is a PoE subforum under the Off-Topic forum here on incgamers, and PoE hosts their own forums which you'll get access to upon registering for the game if you'd like to read up on it before suffering the download.