Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 20 1234511 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

OT: The SPF Path of Exile Thread

With more SPFers getting into the closed beta and the coming of PoE patch 0.9.5 I thought it was time for the SPF to have its own PoE thread.

My PoE story starts about a week before patch 0.9.3 when I got a beta key from the guys at GGG.
    I managed a lvl 30 Dual Strike/Cleave sword Duelist before 0.9.3 emerged. In 0.9.3/0.9.4 I have a level 60 Dual Strike/Cleave sword Duelist which unfortunately too glass-cannony to manage Chaos, so he is more or less retired. Last week I started a Ranger - a pure dex bowie. Based on my previous experience I remembered to pave the way for evasion and life passives. She is now level 31 and great fun to play. The transistion from 0.9.2 to .3 to .4 is just remarkable. Many small (and some larger) changes has transformed the game from simplistic to very involving and well balanced.

I think the game definitely has potential to have as long a legacy as D2. Of course there are still rough edges to be smoothed out, but it general for such a young game I think it is outstanding. What are your thoughts on the game? Is this the game you have been waiting for?

To entice even more SPFers to join the ranks of Wraeclast I will give out a beta key to the SPFer with the most convincing beta key beg.

Re: OT: The SPF Path of Exile Thread

@omg: seven beat us too it! BllahH!

I play. Been waiting for it since around the beginning of the year. It just looks spectacular! I only wish that they'd make the characters more different, ya'know? As they can all be the exact same thing with different skins. I play HC on it, the highest lvl I have is 15. How are the ranks up in the 60's!?

Oh, giving away a key, eh? Ignore the top: I've been waiting for this game since '01. 1135, Tuesday. I remember it like it were 11 years ago: not at all.

IncGamers Member omgwtfbbqpwned's Avatar

Can I beg for some items instead?

IncGamers Member

@omg: With the soft-wipe coming tomorrow I don't know useful 0.9.4 items will be.

I for one do not plan to play much in the legacy league. I will just roll another toon or two pure 0.9.5 during the christmas time.
    I didn't have lots of gosu items anyway. Found a +14% Cleave and a +11% Split Arrow gem yday - sad to see them vanishing into legacy. Have a 272-409 Mace with +18% IAS I will miss as well.

I think that with all the mod-related changes from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 a wipe would be for the best anyway.

If you are going to play in the legacy league let me know what you are looking for and I'll have a look.

What's PoE?
    Gieb?

Ohhh, Path of Exile... My next question:
    What is Path of Exile? I've been away for a week, so I assume something exciting happened?

I've been to the website before and I really like the look of the game. But surely you can't have such nice looking graphics without pixel shading, which would require me to have a video card. And if that is the case, I imagine that it'll be a long while until I can even try the game.

I am 0 for 2 on betas. I wanted a D3 beta, that didn't happen. And I haven't been picked for the POE beta yet, so you guys can tell how good I run.

@gillsing: I have no vid card. Just a i5 sandy bridge. It still looks glorious!

@Dry: It's been in the works for at least a year I'd say.

BattleTag nswhorse-1450

WTF is Path of Exile, and how do I get into the beta?

It must be us Aussies. We are usually the last to get/hear things. I'm glad there's someone else who doesn't know about it.