Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Current state of beta?

Hi there.
    I've having a hard time finding serious beta press coverage on the interwebz, all I can get is youtube channel owners reading patch notes , kinda depressing.
    So what's the current state of the beta ,bug wise, especially the RMAH, which is supposed to hold back the game from getting released?
    Any beta testers nice enough to make a brief report?

Re: Current state of beta?

Right now they are still tweaking skills and fixing minor bugs. The RMAH still needs work but is currently up and running with blizzard bucks. It seems the rune system is not finished and their final mechanics for how it will work have not been released. The beta itself feels pretty polished, but being that it is such a small piece, there is no way to tell how far along the rest of the game is currently. We do know that in house version of the game can be played through from start to finish and that they were working on polish right now. The last few patches have included some improved voice overs and skill tweaks. To me, it feels that the only real thing holding back this game currently is the updated rune system and RMAH (and maybe Korea).

The reason you don't hear to much is mostly due to the fact that not much has happened. These small patches are much to talk about and the mechanics of the game haven't really changed. Press really fell off once the release date was pushed back. No reason to hype or get excited about something till you actually have an idea of when to expect it to come out. Personally I feel that if they rest of the game is even simi close to the polish of the beta, then this game is ready to go. Since I have no insight on what they are working on or what the rest of the game is like, I can't even begin to speculate on when we might see the release.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

The state of the game is not the factor that is holding back the release. The game is playable from start to finish, all content added. There are bugs that are being fixed because they can be - that is to say - while they wait for the actual problems to clear up.

You'll hear a release date when the Korea issue subsides, battle.net is completed as a platform, and the RMAH is 100% functional globally. The game itself and the state it is in is not the reason why it has not yet been released.

The beta is extremely polished, there are still a few bugs here and there that I see. The most recurring one is a large pillar of red that pops up in crevasses. But as far as the mechanics and gameplay - I've seen and played full-release games that see no patches ever have more bugs and play worse.

Expect a release date announcement in the next 2-4 weeks. That's my estimate, at least.

IncGamers Member

Thanks for your input.
    I heard a lot of complains from beta testers regarding RMAH. Items are not transferred into stash when bought, some items disappear when put on sale, etc...
    Is it still the same with patch 9?

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Nizaris's Avatar

I have yet to test out the AH, but I know those were mainly bugs from when they first released it for testing. If I get some time I'll post my thoughts.

IncGamers Member

Not alot has changed in the last couple of months. If you are gaga for some good beta coverage, I would check out Force's Youtube channel for his walkthroughs with each class. He does full walkthroughs, skill showcases, both sexes, lore walkthroughs, etc. Check him out at http://www.youtube.com/user/ForceSC2strategy.

If you watch those vids, you are pretty much caught up. Not much is different. Still the same beta content. You can level your Blacksmith up to level 4 and a bit, however the items you can craft at that level are too high to use.

The RMAH is up and running. Still lacking a lot of features, such as sorting, and searching based on stat types. But you can buy and sell. The cap is 499.5 bucks right now I think. Obviously the market is inflated and ridiculous due to a few factors. There is little supply of good items, and everyone wants them. Also, it's like someone giving you monopoly money to buy things with. It doesn't represent how the market will be on release in any way, shape, or form.

There have been some small class changes here and there. Nothing major. More or less just moving skills to different level requirements.

But, if you are really interested in content I would look at Force's channel, as I mentioned before.

Cheers!

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fornica View Post
    Thanks for your input.
    I heard a lot of complains from beta testers regarding RMAH. Items are not transferred into stash when bought, some items disappear when put on sale, etc...
    Is it still the same with patch 9?
    No, items are not transferred directly to stash when bought. You must go into the completed auctions list and choose the item and send it to the stash. Not really much of a problem. I have never had an item disappear, and I have sold many, many items.

RMAH still needs better sorting and searching. It works right now, but can be a pain in the butt to find what you want. As far as the release, it was too late to get it in before Christmas so it had to be pushed back. No one really launches a game in January so it would have to be February at the earliest. The Korea issue wouldn't change it not being released before now. The rune system was completely broken and still is. Also the RMAH was causing all kinds of problems not too long ago as well. Speaking about the entirety of a game when playing a tiny demo is impossible. You cant comment on the doneness of a game until you complete a full play through of it and include endgame. Especially when the portion you play lacks MAJOR systems.

IncGamers Member

Thanks HMF, I've followed Force's channel since the beginning of beta, it indeed covers all the content available, but there are no updates on the real issues like stability, RMAH bug fixing, etc...
    Anyway from what I've heard in the posts above, we're getting close to release
    I wouldn't be surprised if the release date matches the beginning of MoP beta, considering the Annual Pass strategy they've chosen.

IncGamers Member

The international legal issues are the obvious hitch. Governments just don't like anything that smells like money laundering, and they like the idea of income earned in their borders that leaves without being taxed almost as much. Imagine if a major european nation raised a stink on the subject weeks after release. It wouldn't be a brand enhancer.