Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BattleTag gothicwolf-2141

Re: Fury druid charms question

Unless you get a good 4 frame fools stick with ebotdz and fools work better vs palas and barbs i know a few very good wolves that use edc

IncGamers Member

Where did I say anything about edc? I'm asking whether I should give up being speced to my ebotdz so that I can use a four frame weapon like griz caddy.

I wouldn't spec around EBotD if you're hunting for a 4 Frame monster. If not then it shouldn't be a problem. Caddy is meh.

ebotdz/edc are really the only weapons you'll use, gcaddy is a joke (fairly expensive one if perfect) and rare 4 frame fool's are near impossible to come across.

Quote Originally Posted by wooginator View Post
    Where did I say anything about edc? I'm asking whether I should give up being speced to my ebotdz so that I can use a four frame weapon like griz caddy.
    I suggested edc as a viable option where as griz caddy is useless even with max cb set up

IncGamers Member

Okay, so edc is a good fury weapon, established. To return to my old charms question, I now know that if I use ar charms instead of damage/ar charms or ss charms, I'll get a fairly substantial attack-rating boost (in the neighborhood of 7-8k). But - I lose around 800 damage with edc, probably more with ebotdz. I suppose in theory I could keep a stash full of ss gcs for fvf duels since I certainly won't need the additional ar then, but that's a bit of a hassle I think. Is the extra ar worth the loss of damage? What do you all think?

Quote Originally Posted by wooginator View Post
    Okay, so edc is a good fury weapon, established. To return to my old charms question, I now know that if I use ar charms instead of damage/ar charms or ss charms, I'll get a fairly substantial attack-rating boost (in the neighborhood of 7-8k). But - I lose around 800 damage with edc, probably more with ebotdz. I suppose in theory I could keep a stash full of ss gcs for fvf duels since I certainly won't need the additional ar then, but that's a bit of a hassle I think. Is the extra ar worth the loss of damage? What do you all think?
    Vs wolves the 800 damage is vital imo damage is king in f v f vs palas and barbs ar is more important ive been busy on lineage 2 lately ill be back soon on wolf AWROOO

Right with another 3 3/20/20s ill have a full set ill do some sets with scs in fvf ladder making a hybrid on east now if the scs dont work better get ready to see a tricked out wolf barb :-P

IncGamers Member

I love me some edc on my wolf.

*voiceofhumanity *voiceoftitans *voiceofrevenge *voiceofhcfolks

Been a long time since I dueled ... but iirc 3/20/20 were best unless you got a bunch of top / perfect gc's. The gc's > sc's due to ar boast. And this always depended on setup etc as well.

But then again I was old school titan build w/ 12k health. My weapon of choice was shaeled e bstar. Damn I loved that weapon. ebotd isn't bad but edc def. hits hard ... but I used 08 highlords so didn't need the ds. Man been so long since i played would get back on but all my characters w/ good items are 'expired' and bnet won't renew them ... I think b/c they got 3 socketed swords/knives etc. on them.

/sigh

Well I ... as stated IMO the awesome gc's were better due to ar IMO. And it did depend on build ... most fury druids were going towards enigma w/ all life zero strength build ... while I went all strength zero life build. (smiters hated me as I'd 1 shot them w/ 20k furies)