Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: So, Iron golem.

Hmm, thanks for that knowledge franklin! I've only ever used clay golem, he always seems to do the trick for me.

One reason I haven't made Iron is my poverty level, and the fact that I like to run fool (yes, fool) speed ahead in HC to bypass stuff I've already done 3 times because I cannot find a way point. I'll have 10 skelies, next thing only 4 made it.

Reckon if I made one, I'd just tp pop every once in a while to keep him in line.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greizer View Post
    Do note that even if you have the wealth, it is unwise to make a golem out of a Doom or Infinity, because the golem might randomly disappear. It is rare but known to happen. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose. Sometimes it rains. And sometimes your golem disappears.

@ughhh: Yes, he will follow you around from game to game. You will only need a new item if he disappears or dies.
    Okay so i know im resurecting an old thread and that no one plays d2 anymore... But...
    Well, im goofing around with it in SP and plan to make an IG out of a beast axe on a level 27 necro. The question is, will i have to remake the golem as i pump the IG skill level to have him benefit from said plus skills? Or will the existing IG automatically gain benefits from more points put into the IG/golem mastery skills?

PS Im assuming he is recalculated upon every game entrance. Meaning if i pumped IG five times in one game and left, in the new game the IG that appears when i enter would be five skill levels higher than the one in the previous game WITHOUT recasting.. IF this is the case, do i have to actually leave the game to see the improvement, or will the golem be stronger immediately upon raising the IG skill level?

Yep, IG is recasted to whatever skill level you have then, it doesn't get stronger immediately.Good luck. ;D