Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 344041424344
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ

Re: Ron Paul and Jessie Ventura?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    To be clear, I was referring to the OTF resident Limousine Liberal Llad12, who hasn't been seen here in many years. Still mighty self-important of you, though, to pretend that you'd be fine without people willing to fight & die to protect you. Not that y'all aren't busily trying to set that particular stage.
    Did you mean to mischaracterise me here, or did you mean to somehow bring Steve into this? I only ask as Steve is your goto demonisation target.

However, if you want to take the slot reserved for my old nemesis "Ill", you'll first have to have a mud-wrestling deathmatch with Techno and a couple of others.
    You know, I'm going to have to get back to you on that. If in the meantime the slot gets filled, feel free to forget to let me know

The OTF slot of "babbling randomizer" is currently occupied by Bob. I doubt he'd give that up without a fight.
    Bob would indeed fight to hold onto the position, but would we realise it at the time?

And what's the matter, you don't like Ducatis? Trick question.

Well, I'd definitely prefer to be playing DDO, but I can't.
    DD0 - that's Destruction Derby The Prequel, right?

I'm never out of touch. But I am wild.
    Yes, you keep telling your various selves that.

System of the World
    is the one I think I slogged through, and while I really enjoy Stephenson, trying to move house didn't lend itself to attention.
    The one Stephenson I have read was very densely plotted and written. Not something to read last thing at night.

More like a combination of Mel Smith and Will.I.Am...
    There you go, being witty again. You rascal

Point being, y'all hate our stinking guts up until the point that something "bad" happens, then shriek your bloody heads off about how we MUST help you.
    This is exactly the argument I used to have in the playground when I first went to school in the UK. Ah, turnaround is fair play.
    If you wish to find the subtle dig in that musing recollection, have-at-it.

It's always fun to whinge and moan about how mean Dad is, but nobody ever thinks about what goes on after he gets hit by a truck.
    What if Dad, breadwinner and defender of the family, is also fidddling with your kid sister. What price gratitude then?

As it happens, we're in no position to play Lone Ranger or even Tonto any more;
    I'm guessing that's no bad thing.

we're too busy letting the Chinese stuff us up the arse. I expect NATO is going to fold before our SCoaMF or his successor pull America out of the U.N.
    Decadence has hit my homeland so early on - not even 240 years into its existence. British decadency on the other hand, whilst delayed by comparison, has bitten so much harder and deeper. Time to learn Cantonese.

No pics, no case.
    I was specifically asked to post no pics in this regard.

Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Did you mean to mischaracterise me here, or did you mean to somehow bring Steve into this? I only ask as Steve is your goto demonisation target.
    Evil doesn't only exist in the imagination, you know.
    You know, I'm going to have to get back to you on that. If in the meantime the slot gets filled, feel free to forget to let me know
    I'm not cruel enough to let it get filled with something and then tell you it's open.
    And what's the matter, you don't like Ducatis? Trick question.
    See? Them's fighting words - you better hope Bob is hallucinating.
    DD0 - that's Destruction Derby The Prequel, right?
    Sure.
    The one Stephenson I have read was very densely plotted and written. Not something to read last thing at night.
    He has several good ones; I particularly enjoyed Snow Crash.
    There you go, being witty again. You rascal
    Or AM I? Besides, I always liked Mel.

What if Dad, breadwinner and defender of the family, is also fidddling with your kid sister. What price gratitude then?
    Subtle digs, eh? See, maybe it's just my ultra-nationalism showing, but I kind of imagine the horrors of Empire not only rest more on your own European shoulders than those of America, but also are quite a bit more imaginary than the mainstream Left would like to pretend. Afghanis remember their status as your colony with wistful pride, France still gets called up to "invade" their old territory (with nary a peep from the U.N.), and the whole "White Man's Burden" attitude wasn't just an overt application of racism against the 'Wogs'.
    Jeez, where do you find these? No, it's all about Johnny Depp playing a freakish role with Helena Bonham Carter as a supporting actress.

Time to learn Cantonese.
    Won't help, you know. They are retrenching their Maoist philosophy, and their country isn't going to remain stable once the candy gusher from the U.S. dries up.
    I was specifically asked to post no pics in this regard.
    Then it obviously... never happened.

In case any of the old forumites missed it, if you click the link to llad's profile, it's a picture of what i assume to actually be him. OMG, exactly as I would have pictured.

Jmerv's post above.

Oh, and it's kinda weird you're on about dan brown in multiple threads. Are carrying rage over from another forum? Are the guys in the GW forums being mean again? Sometime you should invite me over there. My other place is slowing down.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    In case any of the old forumites missed it, if you click the link to llad's profile, it's a picture of what i assume to actually be him. OMG, exactly as I would have pictured.
    I posted a far clearer pic the last time he crossed swords with me.

I suspect this is a more recent street photo of him.
    Spoiler

Oh, and it's kinda weird you're on about dan brown in multiple threads. Are carrying rage over from another forum?
    Not at all. I don't particularly like the dude, and consider his writing as not being any deeper than Dean Koontz (who's more prolific). It's more that a wide swath of morons actually take his writing as factual, and another cretinous group think he's actually drawing from historical sources. In reality, his writing bears about as much relation to actual Christian history as does Sun Tzu's, and relation to Christian-based mythology about as much as this steampunk flick did to the original story.
    Are the guys in the GW forums being mean again? Sometime you should invite me over there. My other place is slowing down.
    Meh, I haven't been there since I left initially. MV wanted me to come back just because they're such a wad of cretins and he would like to spice things up, but I can't personally fix that many cases of stupid. He did mention that the Lefty mod who secretly overruled him isn't there any longer, so I suppose that's a plus.

MV's good people, but the forum members, not so much.

Woah, I didn't know you could have a separate profile pic from your avatar. I'll upload one too . . .

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post

MV's good people,
    Damn Right.
    MixedVariety is one of the really good mods.

Kept you alive over there a while.

A much more disappointing thing coming out of the Ron Paul group. Seriously, read the comment section. It's like a parade of stupid.

"Sell the domain to Ron for a fair price!" - Ask Ron Paul (or any other austrian economist) what a "fair price" is for something. Answer: Whatever someone agrees to pay for it.
    "Ron Paul has a property right in his name!" - No he doesn't, you cretins. There are plenty of Ron Pauls in the world.
    "You guys are GREEDY! The UN should strip you of your domain!" - Are you sure you weren't looking for http://www.barackobama.com instead, douchebag?

BattleTag What Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by SaroDarksbane View Post
    A much more disappointing thing coming out of the Ron Paul group. Seriously, read the comment section. It's like a parade of stupid.

"Sell the domain to Ron for a fair price!" - Ask Ron Paul (or any other austrian economist) what a "fair price" is for something. Answer: Whatever someone agrees to pay for it.
    "Ron Paul has a property right in his name!" - No he doesn't, you cretins. There are plenty of Ron Pauls in the world.
    "You guys are GREEDY! The UN should strip you of your domain!" - Are you sure you weren't looking for http://www.barackobama.com instead, douchebag?
    I suggest TheWhiteHouse.com

You have to use the waybackmachine though.