Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 34
  1. #21
    IncGamers Member hubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Internet
    Posts
    2,251

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Quote Originally Posted by Verashiden View Post
    obscene CtB (saving points in dex and thus more life) and only at the cost of one frame block assuming you don't shael it.
    Which is exactly the point:
    Quote Originally Posted by zaphodbrx View Post
    Yes, I just found that out.
    I have a level 14 bear atm, he's carrying around Isenheart's armory and the shield has pretty high block rate so I have to unequip it in some places because it is hindering him.
    If you're actually want to block then ofc any of those blow Blackoak out of the water. As I said in my first post it's not impossible with a good (blocking) shield if you let your merc and grizzly take hits for you (and use SW as you said), but it's still gonna be annoying as hell in some situations.



  2. #22
    IncGamers Member Verashiden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Wolfen Empire ~~~~~~ Colorado
    Posts
    6,054

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Sorry, perhaps I misunderstood Orion's point:

    If you want a shield That doesn't block why not get an Ancient's pledge or a P Diamond Shield? Black Cloak's dex increase CtB so >.>. I apologize for the misunderstanding so let me correct myself.

    If you want a block switch (which for self find PvM you may need, damn frenzytaurs >.>) Whistans is the best viable option. However, if you're looking to patch the resist hole you're inevitably going to have than P Diamon Mosser's, Ancient's Pledge, or simply a P Diamond shield are your best bets imo.




  3. #23
    IncGamers Member Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    222

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    NP Verash. Hubb n I were looking at a solution to the problem of not getting Fury interupted.

    The Black Oak fits the bill. It doesn't have a lot of req's, in fact it's pretty easy to use. I heard Zaphodbrx say that he's in act 2 hell so he's gotta be at least level 75 and he could easily get the strength requirement of 100. PDiamond or Um will give resists but Black Oak just lets you swing more and doesn't interrupt Fury as much - both of which are good. But your right about other chars - Whistand or Storm are awesome but not in this situation where blocking less is more desirable, "not so much".

    The fact is: The stats on this baby are exactly what we want. Weaken and Dex and Life and big D and fastest base block and only 40% chance to block which is 60% less chance to be interrupted during Fury and not hit is mmmmmmm so good!

    Hey man! We're just all trying to help - so it's all good


    Blackoak Shield Luna
    Defense: 322-372 (varies)(Base Defense: 108-123)
    Required Level: 61
    Required Strength: 100
    Chance to Block: Pal: 50%, Ama/Asn/Bar: 45%, Dru/Nec/Sor: 40%
    Paladin Smite Damage: 17 To 29
    Durability: 129
    +160-200% Enhanced Defense (varies)
    + (0.625 Per Character Level) +0-61 Absorb Cold Damage (Based On Character Level)
    + (1.25 Per Character Level) +1-123 To Life (Based On Character Level)
    + (0.5 Per Character Level) +0-49 To Dexterity (Based On Character Level)
    +50% Faster Block Rate
    +4% Chance To Cast Level 5 Weaken When Struck
    Half Freeze Duration
    (Only Spawns In Patch 1.10 or later)


    Last edited by Orion; 17-11-2011 at 23:57.

  4. #24
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    This druid is now a Patriarch. Thanks for the help, but a shield was not needed.



  5. #25
    IncGamers Member Orion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    West Coast
    Posts
    222

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Good choice 2H Hope you found a good beatstick



  6. #26
    IncGamers Member Dagaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    167

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Sorry to re-open an older post, but I think my qestion is relevant here, so ...
    Well, I was having the same question - what is with all the interruptions (I zhought it has something to do with FHR). Now I know, but that brings me to another question.
    Can someone tell me why Ribcracker is said to be so great for fury druid? Because of IAS? Also: I'm also investing in heart of the wolverine, but now I'm thinking - would it be better to go with grizzly instead?

  7. #27
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dagaz View Post
    Can someone tell me why Ribcracker is said to be so great for fury druid? Because of IAS?
    Mostly that, and also decent damage/crushing blow. It's an excellent budget item. I found a windhammer before ribby so used that to complete that Pat which was a while ago.

    Also: I'm also investing in heart of the wolverine, but now I'm thinking - would it be better to go with grizzly instead?
    Keep in mind spirits tend to die in Hell. A lot. But a grizzly doesn't really need more than one point if you are not going for powerful summons. So I would say max the HoW but don't necessarily rely on it to be alive always.

  8. #28
    IncGamers Member Dagaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    167

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Interesting, thank you. I guess I'll try some diferent combinations and than respec if something goes wrong.

  9. #29
    IncGamers Member Dagaz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    167

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Don't want to open a new topic for this question: How do you guys handle monsters immune to physical with your fury druids (my primary weapon is upped ribcracker (and yes; it rocks, thank you ))?

  10. #30
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,668

    Re: Shield block interrupting fury?

    Decrepify! Reapers toll or lawbringer
    Otherwise- skip them.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •