Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: 1.13d and mulitple cdkeys from 1 compouter

Quote Originally Posted by XenoSpyro View Post
    You must have some broken clutterware cuz my complete D2 install is only 1.21 GB
    You sure that's a full install? I just checked and the MPQs total to 1.88 gigs. My install totals to 1.91 gigs.

Europe Trade Moderator krischan's Avatar

1.9GB for me, full install. There's also a couple of screenshots in the game directory, but that surely doesn't use up 600 megs.

D3 Trading Forums: Europe - America
    Diablo Wiki / Arreat Summit / ATMA / Forum Rules / Adria
    You know I'm born to lose / and gambling is for fools / but that's the way I like it, baby / I don't want to live forever!

1.86 gb here.

Geeze, 4 gbs? That's a lot of characters!

Returning to the game myself, patched up two clients last night and am able to connect with both as normal using the fast switch method. Does this sandbox thingy allow both clients to be on the same user account, windowed or something?

IncGamers Member IncubatorJones's Avatar

Yes, I use two D2s windowed with sandboxie on the same user account. Should work non-windowed also. Give it a try, it's really handy

IncGamers Member

Anyone has more than 4 key-sets? I have 5 cd-keys but only seem to get 4 working at the same time. The fifth get the violation access error.
    And yes, I use sandboxie. (paid version)

IncGamers Member DiabloLikesMMA's Avatar

I hope someone can give me a hand cause I've messed up things a bit.. I installed my 2nd copy and didn't rename the 2nd folder, I had renamed my 1st folder so when I start up a game I can create and join fine but when I start my 2nd game it says my cd key is in use.

I know I messed up so I removed D2 from the add/remove folders but its still there, both installs are still there.. my first install with a renamed folder and my 2nd copy.

What can I do now?

The uninstall seemed to removed my 2nd install because the folder only has a saved file but the original has everything it should as if I didnt remove anything.

Can I delete the 2nd install folder?

Thanks in advance....

Quote Originally Posted by DiabloLikesMMA View Post
    Can I delete the 2nd install folder?
    You can, yes. After uninstalling it from add/remove programs, remove the second folder as well and simply start again. Alternatively, if you know what CD-Key the second folder is installed with you can simply leave it and install the game again using your other CD-Key.

IncGamers Member

Hi
    Sorry for not updating my sitch but there hasnt been anything new to report for awhile othe rthan it still wasnt working and eventually i just gave up on it for a bit.

But I been playing a bit more and decided to fiddle with it again and I actually figured it out. For some reason the firewall that came with my antivirus package was messing it up. By turning it off and running windows firewall instead it worked gr8. But since that kept making my antivirus peridoically send out pop ups warning me that its firewall was off I kept fiddling it with it some more and I *think* I got it fixed now. And I know if push comes to shove I can just go back to using windows firewall and living with the popups.

Thanks everybody even posts to the effect of "well its working fine with me" helps since that did narrow it down to being most likely a problem on my end

Kaytie

Quote Originally Posted by Legolasi View Post
    Anyone has more than 4 key-sets? I have 5 cd-keys but only seem to get 4 working at the same time. The fifth get the violation access error.
    And yes, I use sandboxie. (paid version)
    Battle.net has a hard coded restriction. You can't join 5 accounts/cd-keys from the same IP address to the same game. Battle.net limits you to 4 connections per IP address per game. The 5th account/cd-key can play but not in the same game as the other 4.