Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 142021222324
Results 231 to 240 of 240

Thread: Occupy OTF

  1. #231
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Trying to knock the study makes you look small, Loz.
    I find wearing black is quite slimming, too. I need all the help I can get until the exercise regime begins to bite.

    Plus, I can't even see how short you already are.
    Well, I could show you how short I (already) am but then ... hmmm ... good idea, Merv!

    Furthermore, CUNY is hardly a hotbed of conservatism (as the alma mater of Lori Benson's parental units)
    Heh. You said CUNY.

    At least you're honest.
    Sometimes brutally so, but I behave myself around here.

    Or not.

    Not BUSY! I keed. However, your immediate interest in savaging something that counters the Left's groupthink <does> need some honest scrutiny, if you're up to the task.

    I trust you don't REALLY have anything better to do?
    I'm in the middle of a couple of music mini-reviews for the relatives. After that, I am completely ... ready to sleep. 2013, as far as work and domestic matters are concerned, is proving to be a right old game of Worms.

  2. #232
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Factually false. In short, means testing betrays the claim that SS is a stable investment rather than the reality of a ponzi scheme designed to enhance welfare-based dependency. I bet you believe in the "locked box" claim, too...
    The kooky left is no better than the kooky right.

    As for the lockbox, I've explained before that those intergovernmental bonds will eventually have to exchanged for regualr bonds (debt) when they are to be redeemed for payouts. That's why i include them in debt figures when i quote them.

    Anyway, Dick Durbin, Steny Hoyer and Max Baccus support means testing medicare. You're never going to get 100% on anything. Some people just reject everything the other side says no matter what. I think those people are turds.

    Oh, you mean the way the GOP did just recently?
    That would be one example.

    You're SO cute when you're thoroughly delusional.
    Delusional about what? I have no idea what you're on about. First you call me a progressive, then you jump threads and tell me the progressive won't agree with me. Then you call me "delusional". That's all well and good, but implying that I watch the Kardashigans...well that hurts.

  3. #233
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,824

    Re: Occupy OTF

    This is WRONG America.

    We need to fix it.

  4. #234
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,936

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Heh. You said CUNY.
    One "N", long "U". City University of New York.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    The kooky left is no better than the kooky right.
    The one VASTLY outnumbers the other, despite your imaginings.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    As for the lockbox, I've explained before that those intergovernmental bonds will eventually have to exchanged for regualr bonds (debt) when they are to be redeemed for payouts. That's why i include them in debt figures when i quote them.
    You didn't let me down!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Anyway, Dick Durbin, Steny Hoyer and Max Baccus support means testing medicare. You're never going to get 100% on anything. Some people just reject everything the other side says no matter what. I think those people are turds.
    So why do you so adamantly hate the GOP, but not the Dems? Pretty much every time an issue comes up, the RINOs are beating a path to the other side of the aisle. How often do you EVER see Democrats do the same? The last one I remember was Lieberman, on the Gulf War, and he was essentially expelled from the Party for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    That would be one example.
    News flash - wrong party source, Ace. Your unilateral attitude is kinda my point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Delusional about what? I have no idea what you're on about.
    That's because you're delusional, duh. Your criticism is that both parties are equally bad, but the GOP is not just in retreat - they have MAJOR fractures with the Conservative base because they want to be Progressives, they have completely lost the culture 'war', and haven't been "the establishment" for going on 30 years. There's no equality that you imagine; the Democrat side is the malevolent force but you keep coming up with some Dan Brown style crap about the EBIL RELIGUS RIGHT being the wellspring of all Gov't ills.


    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    First you call me a progressive, then you jump threads and tell me the progressive won't agree with me. Then you call me "delusional".
    You're Progressive in belief, but in deluding yourself as to being Libertarian, you most definitely won't get support from the even more delusional Progressives that believe Socialism works, and works well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    That's all well and good, but implying that I watch the Kardashigans...well that hurts.
    I bet you have pictures of them on your walls.
    Quote Originally Posted by BobCox2 View Post
    This is WRONG America.

    We need to fix it.
    I actually support that decision, of course. Waterboarding <> torture. Funny thing is, Obama has countenanced more reciprocity on legit whistleblowers than any other President in history (and run one of the most opaque Executive operations, too).
    Last edited by jmervyn; 31-01-2013 at 12:51.

  5. #235
    IncGamers Member LozHinge the Unhinged's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tech Support! TECH SUPPORT!!
    BattleTag FTITCTAJ
    Posts
    7,005

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    One "N", long "U". City University of New York.
    Heh. You said "City University of New York".

  6. #236
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,936

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by LozHinge the Unhinged View Post
    Heh. You said "City University of New York".

  7. #237
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    You didn't let me down!
    Yes, well I like facts. It's annoying you're surprised. Not unexpected. Just faceplam and a little sigh.

    So why do you so adamantly hate the GOP, but not the Dems? Pretty much every time an issue comes up, the RINOs are beating a path to the other side of the aisle. How often do you EVER see Democrats do the same? The last one I remember was Lieberman, on the Gulf War, and he was essentially expelled from the Party for it.
    I'm from IL, not far from Crook county. I DO hate the dems. it's just that no one on the left is around to say silly stuff, so I can only correct your silly stuff. I do occasionally rant about the Rahmfather, but that's mostly to my facebook crowd (they're the progressive crowd you're always accusing me of being).

    News flash - wrong party source, Ace. Your unilateral attitude is kinda my point.
    ? that ad was the Dems attacking the GOP (badly), yes? i don't know what you're looking for.


    That's because you're delusional, duh. Your criticism is that both parties are equally bad, but the GOP is not just in retreat - they have MAJOR fractures with the Conservative base because they want to be Progressives, they have completely lost the culture 'war', and haven't been "the establishment" for going on 30 years. There's no equality that you imagine; the Democrat side is the malevolent force but you keep coming up with some Dan Brown style crap about the EBIL RELIGUS RIGHT being the wellspring of all Gov't ills.
    That's simply not true. I've come out soundly against teacher union abuses, parental/nanny state laws, gun control, socialized medicine, and I'm sure a bunch of other progressive agenda items.

    and WTF, wasn't Dan Brown the "da vinci code" guy? False parallel.

    You're Progressive in belief, but in deluding yourself as to being Libertarian, you most definitely won't get support from the even more delusional Progressives that believe Socialism works, and works well.
    *facepalm and Phooey. You know damn well I reject both those terms. If you must use something, go for "independent". Noone has F'ed that up yet.


    I bet you have pictures of them on your walls.
    Until recently, it was my brother and I. We don't have anything on any of the walls, except a couple neon booze signs in the garage above the workbench. I'm not much of a decorator.

    Well, there's also the whiteboard, but that's in the garage too.



    I actually support that decision, of course. Waterboarding <> torture. Funny thing is, Obama has countenanced more reciprocity on legit whistleblowers than any other President in history (and run one of the most opaque Executive operations, too).
    You have to be secretive when you're blowing up american citizens without due process. Won't be long and we'll start seeing example of domestics being snapped up without trial. Actually, i bet someone will see this post and alert me to one.

  8. #238
    IncGamers Member jmervyn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    12,936

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Yes, well I like facts. It's annoying you're surprised.
    You don't like facts, you like "facts", and have demonstrated so repeatedly. If it goes against your preconceptions, you ignore it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    I DO hate the dems.
    Bullcrap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    they're the progressive crowd you're always accusing me of being).
    So you only associate with Progressives on Facebook, always find fault exclusively with the GOP, accuse me of racism ( ), but you're REALLY a moderate. Sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    ? that ad was the Dems attacking the GOP (badly), yes? i don't know what you're looking for.
    The Dems are practically the only ones doing the sort of activity you claim of the GOP. When you see an insane ad from the "Right", it's some nutbag group nobody's heard of, while when it's from the Left it's from their mainstream agencies. That's one of those facts you don't like to consider.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    That's simply not true. I've come out soundly against teacher union abuses, parental/nanny state laws, gun control, socialized medicine, and I'm sure a bunch of other progressive agenda items.
    To quote you directly, "That's simply not true". Whining about your results every once in a great while doesn't put you on the "come out soundly" board.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    and WTF, wasn't Dan Brown the "da vinci code" guy? False parallel.
    Not at all; you've already established your firm believe in iniquitous religious conspiracies plotting the downfall of your beloved Progressive nation. That's right up the Illuminati alley.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    *facepalm and Phooey. You know damn well I reject both those terms. If you must use something, go for "independent". Noone has F'ed that up yet.
    I was trying to be kind, but whatever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevinator View Post
    Actually, i bet someone will see this post and alert me to one.
    That train you're waiting for? It left the station at least a decade ago; you obviously didn't care about Obama signing the NDAA either.

  9. #239
    IncGamers Member Stevinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    chicagoland
    Posts
    5,003

    Re: Occupy OTF

    Quote Originally Posted by jmervyn View Post
    Bullcrap.
    What a cogent response.

    So you only associate with Progressives on Facebook, always find fault exclusively with the GOP, accuse me of racism ( ), but you're REALLY a moderate. Sure.
    I'm not going down the list of my facebook friends, but yes those discussions are generally dominated by lefties. You and they are often completely wrong about stuff and i suffer from not being able to restrain myself from explaining why.

    The Dems are practically the only ones doing the sort of activity you claim of the GOP. When you see an insane ad from the "Right", it's some nutbag group nobody's heard of, while when it's from the Left it's from their mainstream agencies. That's one of those facts you don't like to consider.
    phooey. the vast majority of money spent on campaigns is negative advertising. Grandma off a cliff is essentially the same thing as you didn't build that. They're both making slogan points and dodging the point. I think it would take too much google to find a legitimate complaint ad from the whole damned election.

    To quote you directly, "That's simply not true". Whining about your results every once in a great while doesn't put you on the "come out soundly" board.
    That doesn't even make sense. my results? I don't run the teacher unions. If i did there would be a lot of unhappy teachers, because I'd make their pensions defined contributions with a low single digit matching. I'd put them back in the Social Security pools (instead of TRS) and make them work year round.

    As for the rest there are plenty of threads where you've ignored my stances, i'll let you refer to them.

    Not at all; you've already established your firm believe in iniquitous religious conspiracies plotting the downfall of your beloved Progressive nation. That's right up the Illuminati alley.
    It's not a conspiracy. They're very much right out in the open. You're the conspiracy theory guy.


    I was trying to be kind, but whatever.
    Silly arguments made by silly people. The last two are just blind to the fact ath not everyone tows the party line, and most of us disagree with both parties on at least something. New Republic should be ashamed. They list all these polls that people come out as contradictory but in fact the polls are designed to make people agree with them when they hear them. That way, fox or MSNBC can put up a poll that says 89% of Americans think Kittehs are cute. (they are, and i don't even like cats).

    Let's look a little deeper:
    Quote Originally Posted by new republic article Jmerv wquoted
    “Both Democrats and Republicans have run up deficits, but now they are out of control under President Obama and threatening our economy”
    Mostly true. The fact that they are JUST NOW out of control, is a little specious, but everyone would be willing to agree to that. What they don't realize is that the statement itself is biased, even as it tries to sound like it's not. "out of control" is emotional language.

    Here's one used on the other side:
    Quote Originally Posted by new republic article Jmerv quoted
    (Ryan's plan would) “decrease taxes for CEOs and big corporations, giving millionaires another huge tax break.”
    Again, emotional language and mostly true, but also designed to inflame. Why list out who gets the tax cuts when you could simply say high income earners? Also, A millionaire is a person with a Million dollars of net worth. Net worth has nothing to do with taxes. (sorry, pet peeve)

    Of course the average American agrees with both of those. The deficit IS a major problem, and Ryan's plan would lower tax rates for the highest earning Americans. Duh. New Republic goes on to attribute this with "basic thoughtlessness". Um. What?

    Then, and this is classic, and how you can tell you're dealing with an editor who values impartiality:

    Quote Originally Posted by new republic article Jmerv quoted
    To a sympathetic eye, this result might connote a pleasant openness to contrasting opinions, perhaps a desire to give each group of partisans the benefit of the doubt. But I think it demonstrates a basic thoughtlessness. At a time of economic peril, when one party wants to protect the essential structure of our limited welfare state and the other party seeks to destroy it, most independents, according to this poll, appear to be seduced by the last thing they have heard. Scariest of all, come 2012, they just might be the ones to decide the future course of the republic.
    Funneling the entire election down to the issue of retaining the welfare state (you're either for its existence or you're against it) is blatantly moving the goalposts. It makes me wonder where you find these "news" sources, and if you retain any level of critical thinking. Or is it that you do retain critical thinking skills but you're so far gone you can't see blatant bias from the right anymore?

  10. #240
    IncGamers Member BobCox2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    UnderYourDoorMat
    BattleTag What Me Worry?
    Posts
    10,824
    Last edited by BobCox2; 08-02-2013 at 06:28.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •