Okay, so toying around with the skill calculator made me realize one thing: Not only does the DH have a lot of 'GTF out of this situation', skills, the DH also seems to have the sustenance to do so.
Lurking over the runestones and their effects, I decided to make a DH that could work in pvp like this: Never take a hit, be constantly on the move, and never run out of resources. In other words, a battle of attrition, where your endgoal is to come out on top.
Honestly, none of the DH passives(other than perfectionist) are a must for this build, though if I had to choose it would be:
Archery: Only worth it if you use a crossbow. 100% extra crit dmg is just extremely strong.
Perfectionist: 20% reduction of dicipline cost. No reason to expand on this one to be honest.
Brooding or sharpshooper. Brooding does not seem that strong in a regular build, but do not forget, your job of not getting hit is something you are very good at. So why not, as this is your only source of healing. Sharpshooper, well, who does not enjoy crits?
Fire a magically imbued arrow that seeks out targets for 115% weapon damage and has a 60% chance to pierce through targets.
- Runed Crimson for an added 160% WD over 5 seconds as fire. Perfect for a hit and run tactician.
Cost: 40 Hatred
Fire a massive shot to impale a target for 325% weapon damage.
- Runed Indigo, for the stun and knockback, to further augment your role on a team.
Generate: 10 Hatred
Cost: 4 Discipline if you backflip
Shoot for 115% of weapon damage. If an enemy is at close range, you will also backflip away 15 yards.
- Runed Golden, to reduce the dicipline cost to 0 and give some alternative elemental damage. To be fair, alabast and obsidian could also be worth it.
Cost: 10 Discipline
Tumble acrobatically 35 yards.
- Runed Golden, to reduce successive Vaults dicipline cost to 20% (0, if it works additive with Perfectionist)
Cost: 15 Discipline
Vanish behind a wall of smoke, becoming momentarily invisible for 2 seconds.
- Runed Obsidian, to restore 90! hatred.
Preparation // Marked for death
Honestly, either of these can work depending on where you are actually lacking in resource once this hero plays out.
Cooldown: 120 seconds
Instantly restore all Discipline.
Runed Obsidian to slowly restore 60 dicipline over 30 sec, Indigo to increase it by 18 for two minutes or Alabast if you want to roll the dice, and possibly use this skill multiple times.
Marked for death
Cost: 6 Discipline
Marks an enemy. The marked enemy will take 20% additional damage for the next 30 seconds.
- Runed Golden to give yourself a 40% chance to restore 35 hatred. It appears to work with any skill that hits the target. That is 14 hatred restored on average with any skill, possibly increasing the hatred gen of hungering arrow from 5 to 19, or the hatred cost of Impale to 31. Purely speculative, though.
So, what we have here is a DH that is extremely hard to catch, and specializes in keeping enemies at bay while wearing them down with stuns, DOTS and a moderate damage.
-Extremely hard to catch for any hero that does not focus on gapclosers
-Does not exhaust her tricks
-Stuns and dots gives her utility and damage while running
- Instant gapclosers, like dashing strike can prove difficult to deal with
- Instant spells like Disintegrate can somewhat ignore the DH's tricks
- Not runed for damage
- Not very flexible in terms of role
- Possibly too ignorable.