Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: My untwinked level 99 progress thread

Anybody have a good idea to go w/ my zon for leveling/questing?

I figure I have 3 respecs so I'm trying to figure out specs which will make my life easier.

1 - leveling / questing spec - 80 ish
    2 - mf spec
    3 - baal running spec

That being said I'm not sure what is the easiest untwinked questing spec. Any ideas? I had to bail on andy p8 b/c it just was not working. Even trash mobs are taking me way too long on p8. Granted I have little in the way of gear and skills.

Very nice idea.

I think I'll have a go at this too. But with a more realistic target at first, lvl90.

Started a plague javelin & charged strike zon (there's probably some cool name for this build but I can't remember it), which I probably respec to fishyzon or something after normal.

p8 + untwinked + 99????

Just for the record, as far as I know, no one has made 99 when they started out by adding additional restrictions. But questing is temporary, very temporary in the long term.

As far as respecs, again, questing is temporary. Save them, or at least one of them. Before respecs, we would remake chars even as late as 95-96 if they weren't just right for the long run because the last few levels were really that long. Even with all these crazy restrictions, if you make it, more than half the time you spend playing this char will be at level 98 so again, I would save respecs.

Considering that, I would go with a solid MF'ing build for questing and if you insist on p8, just grind through it. That means most points in lightning skills plus 10 or so (17 after +skills ideally) in valk.

Quote Originally Posted by JOSHK View Post
    Anybody have a good idea to go w/ my zon for leveling/questing?

I figure I have 3 respecs so I'm trying to figure out specs which will make my life easier.

1 - leveling / questing spec - 80 ish
    2 - mf spec
    3 - baal running spec

That being said I'm not sure what is the easiest untwinked questing spec. Any ideas? I had to bail on andy p8 b/c it just was not working. Even trash mobs are taking me way too long on p8. Granted I have little in the way of gear and skills.
    The key to this quest is to level quickly so it's probably in your best interest to play through the game on P1 and level at the usual suspects: (Normal Baal, NM Baal, etc).

If I attempt this, I will probably go for a lightning sorc but I would consider playing the game through up into hell as a blizzard sorc before respecing at the end.

IncGamers Member

Yeah I"ll go through on p1. It makes a lot more sense to get to the MF'ing stage of my plan as quickly as possible.

I thought a lot about a sorc just because of how easy teleport makes it. But in all the years I've palyed diablo the only thing I've really ever played past normal is a sorc. So I wanted to go with something different.

99 is definitely a goal but I also want to do a lot of mf/farm and self-find a lot of cool stuff and runewords etc. I want to get to 99 w/ a badass self-found gear, in addition to 99. I'll sacrifice the extra time that it will take.

to be cheesey: Doing a marathon not a race.

I'm not sure exactly kestegs plans. He might just be going for 99 asap.

BattleTag kestegs-1550

My goal is to finish as quickly as possible. That does not mean that I will start doing hell baals at level 75 or as soon as I get to Hell act 5, I am going to build up reasonable gear before I even attempt that.

Act 4 was also finished. Diablo was a pain in the rear at /p3 due to a couple of mix ups between teleport and blizzard and I only had 15 light resist. But he didn't get me, so I remain untarnished by death Looking forward to some nice EXP in act 5 and hoping to move on to NM to find spirit and insight bases.

I found this in late act 2:

Code:
    Fortuitous Amulet of Fortune 
    Amulet 
    Required Level: 12 
    Fingerprint: 0x22f2c764 
    Item Level: 19 
    Version: Expansion 1.10+ 
    38% Better Chance of Getting Magic Items

Last edited by kestegs; 13-10-2011 at 20:03.

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Kegsy did you want to create a table for progress, given that we have some people trying this ridiculous challenge . For headings you probably want

Forum Name / Character Name / Character Class / # of deaths / # of Hell Ball Runs / # of S/Us.

IncGamers Member

JoshK | Gambit | Amazon | 1

First death at the hands of fang something in claw viper temple level 2. Got knock back locked up.

As I tend to read half on sentences that run onto the next line: I thought you said this
    Quote Originally Posted by kestegs View Post
    May I first introduce you to....Ohms_Law! The title pays homage to my occupation as an electrician, and also to the fact that I hope to some day become a lightning sorceress
    Thought: Now that's keggers for ya! Oh, wait, there's more to this sentence!

BattleTag Jcakes-6373

Nice Coju, I love reading sentences out of context.