Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 5 of 39 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Update on the Diablo 3 server emulator (Mooege)

Gotta say, that armor looks pretty sweet...problem is, it really doesn't look like the DH at all at that point. (In fact, as someone pointed in another armor thread, it looks kinda more sci-fi-ish than fantasy-ish.) I think that's part of the problem with the "pile on more stuff" art approach - even when it looks good, your actual character gets lost underneath.

Edit - thanks, HR! OMG those are HUGE improvements, IMO!!!

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    Gotta say, that armor looks pretty sweet...problem is, it really doesn't look like the DH at all at that point. (In fact, as someone pointed in another armor thread, it looks kinda more sci-fi-ish than fantasy-ish.) I think that's part of the problem with the "pile on more stuff" art approach - even when it looks good, your actual character gets lost underneath.
    I've seen every single set in the game, and I was really surprised at the demon hunter the most. It seemed that they strayed the most from the concepts on that class, but I (although I don't like the class) think Blizzard also did the best job on them in terms of gear. The dh themed sets are just badass.

Quote Originally Posted by Risingred View Post
    I took a look at the code for the leveling stuff and it's really hacky. It's probably going to cap you at level 13, which is dumb.
    That's possible, I didn't reach level 13 yet. I assumed that they circumvented the original level cap, since with the previous versions you started at level 60.

EDIT: Confirmed, right now the level cap is 13. I'm a sad panda.

BTW, did you do anything special to get the Doom set for your DH or just good old-fashioned hack and slash?

Last edited by HardRock; 12-10-2011 at 00:18.

IncGamers Member

Thanks HardRock for posting the shots of armor in game.

I still don't understand why there isn't screenshots of every armor set in-game, for every class. If this was mmo-champion.com, it would have been posted a day after it was known it could be done.

:P

Quote Originally Posted by Tryfis View Post
    I still don't understand why there isn't screenshots of every armor set in-game, for every class. If this was mmo-champion.com, it would have been posted a day after it was known it could be done.
    It would take a lot of time to do that, since right now as far as I know the only way to get the sets is to kill zombies until they drop every single item you need.

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post

BTW, did you do anything special to get the Doom set for your DH or just good old-fashioned hack and slash?
    That wasn't the actual set; it was a mix of doom and I think the tier 6 set, actually.
    It wouldn't be too difficult to tweak the droprate codes if you wanted to, but I wouldn't be arsed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tryfis View Post
    Thanks HardRock for posting the shots of armor in game.

:P
    It's...complicated. MMO-champion didn't appear day 1, you know.
    As it stands, I have a shot of every (base) armor set in the game on each gender in the character login screen but haven't posted them yet, because the wiki entries aren't up. I don't know how to make the templates, and I just don't have the time to.

edit: I lied, the client crashed on the inferno set for the monk so I don't have that. The final armor tier, tier 16. And I don't have a shot of the first tier because there actually isn't one.

Quote Originally Posted by Prpnnightmare View Post
    HardRock, could you post some of the Demon Hunter sets
    Here you go:

Male Demon Hunter sets:
    Archon with Manifers (Astral gloves): 1, 2, 3, 4
    Sovereign: 1, 2, 3, 4
    Doom: 1, 2, 3, 4
    Warlord: 1, 2, 3, 4
    Balor with Schynbalds (Doom pants): 1, 2, 3, 4

BattleTag KornKills-1468

Wow, this emulator looks amazing. Huge thank you to the folks working on it, the screen shots of armor and additional areas that haven't been in the beta look AMAZING.

WTB time machine to release date!!!!

IncGamers Member

Man, the DH's look is all over the place. They look pretty good but there's a surprising lack of thematic unity. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    Man, the DH's look is all over the place. They look pretty good but there's a surprising lack of thematic unity. Weird.
    Well there's only so many variations of "gothic armor" before you have to do something else. The DH has a lot of cool stuff going on.

I'm pretty partial to this one:

Keep in mind that any shots in-game are probably going to be a mixed set. It's really hard to match them up when all the pieces are dropping at once, because they don't really have a unified naming scheme.