Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 39 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Re: Update on the Diablo 3 server emulator (Mooege)

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhythe View Post
    Havent been following this for a while, but can you kill mobs by hitting em yet ? or is it still, press 2 for 9001 dmg ?
    The answer is yes on both accounts. You can kill the zombies that you spawned with Blinding Flash and everything still does 9001 damage.

IncGamers Member

but you cant actually hit them yet or cast any other spell ?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoPhythe View Post
    but you cant actually hit them yet or cast any other spell ?
    Your character attacks in their direction, but the hit is calculated at the start of the animation. For most skills their animation plays, but projectiles, graphical effects and the sounds associated with these effects are missing.

IncGamers Member

Is this normal?

When i spawn a group of zombies (maybe 20-30) on a Wizard, and hold down Electrocute to basically spam the spell to kill them all, it lags like CRAZY? Or does my computer just suck?

It seems to run the game fine when I'm not attacking. This happens regardless of graphic settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenant View Post
    When i spawn a group of zombies (maybe 20-30) on a Wizard, and hold down Electrocute to basically spam the spell to kill them all, it lags like CRAZY? Or does my computer just suck?
    It may be an artifact of the emulator, it happens for me as well.

Although personally I think that more likely it has nothing to do with Mooege at all. When you kill enemies the game enables physics on their bodies and if the physics engine or your computer can't handle that many objects interacting simultaneously the game could come to a crawl.

Can you tell me your computer's specs? Your CPU would be the most important in this case.

Last edited by HardRock; 13-10-2011 at 20:07.

IncGamers Member

It seems to b d3 bug, it happens on 4+ ghz quad core intel cpu with both single and sli gtx580 in both beta and emu. Even alpha build had this bug.

IncGamers Member

The game stutters like crazy for me and I'm not the only one: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/3280530366

My specs: i7 950, 6GB RAM, GTX 465 x 2 (SLI), 120GB OCZ Agility II SSD (game is installed on this drive).

There's no reason why my rig shouldn't blow this game out of the water at 1920x1080 and textures/shadows/physics maxed.

It looks beautiful to play, but the minor stuttering is so freaking annoying. It's just noticeable enough to be detrimental to gameplay.

Also, I've tried lowering everything and putting the resolution as low as possible, but I still get stuttering. Tried fullscreen, fullscreen windowed, windowed... still stuttering. Tried messing around with options in the Nvidia control panel, still stuttering. Soooo annoying. I really hope it's fixed for launch.

Oh, and I did try turning off all sound effects as suggested in that battle.net thread I linked. It helped a little, but the stuttering is still there.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahilm View Post
    Tried messing around with options in the Nvidia control panel, still stuttering.
    Did you try disabling SLI? I've heard that in some cases that can help with stuttering problems. With a computer like yours, D3 should run without problems.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    Did you try disabling SLI? I've heard that in some cases that can help with stuttering problems. With a computer like yours, D3 should run without problems.
    I did. I disabled SLI, I also tried running in "Max performance" setting. Same stuttering nonsense.

I'm pretty sure it's something wrong with the game that needs to be fixed on Blizzard's end. Either that, or both Nvidia and AMD need to update their drivers. You can see in that thread that there are a lot of people experiencing the same problem.

I also tried disabling/enable v-sync, triple buffering, and color correction in-game. Nada.

Diablo: IncGamers Member ThulRasha's Avatar

Stuttering is not always caused by the graphics card. It can also be a cpu timing problem or even audio driver related. I vaguely remember a stuttering problem in WoW that was caused by windows re-installing an audio driver over an existing audio driver every startup.