Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    IncGamers Member

Re: Diablo 1 on Windows 7 64-bit?

I am able to install and run the game fine on windows 7 64-bit, except for the fact that most of the audio is missing. I have tried running it in several different compatibilities, and still nothing (beside brief music at the intro screen, and in town; no NPC voices, SFX, or music anywhere else).

Anyone else run into this and know how to fix it?

are there any HIGH RESOLUTION / QUALITY SOMETHING patches/mods for the game? any mods that makes it more playable?

IncGamers Member

^ I'll first answer your question by saying no, there are none. Also your comment on making it playable might get flamed because most of us think it is one of the most playable games out there. All in all try to enjoy what is there =].

IncGamers Member

If you have SC2 there is a custom map version of D1. It's not quite up to par and the last time I played it it wasn't finished, but that is an option. There is no substitution for the original version though. I have like 3-4 copies of the game and cant find a single one...

IncGamers Member

right guys found a clean way of getting diablo to work on my system even better than the trojaned dltnocd thing. (those guys at ripple reality need to work on their program to get it cleaned up)

posted below as such :
    http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/patches/pc/
    grab 109 and run that after dropping your disc in the reader

http://ftp.blizzard.com/pub/diablo/

registry file :merge it with your registry (right click and select merge in the window that pops up)
    grab the one respective to your os

install them both and remember to set your settings for compatibility to win xp sp2 and you should have proper gameplay

ive np with the audio settings for it either..

IncGamers Member

Thumbs up Re: Diablo 1 on Windows 7 64-bit?

Quote Originally Posted by Wyld Black Wolf View Post
    right guys found a clean way of getting diablo to work on my system even better than the trojaned dltnocd thing. (those guys at ripple reality need to work on their program to get it cleaned up)
    I registered to say: Thank you.

At one time I had Diablo running fine on my Windows 7 x64 PC, but then I reformatted and could *never* get it working right again. This looks like the definite solution - the best part is that it's official. I haven't tested it but I have a lot of confidence that it will do the trick.

I'm also thrilled to read that there is a hacked .dll file allowing LAN multiplayer (I'm guessing it can be played online over Tunngle or Hamachi as well) in the v1.01 patch for the Hellfire expansion (I read about it here: http://diablo2.diablowiki.net/Hellfire).

Edit: I looked into options for playing Hellfire online, and I may have found an option. Apparently, Diablo Hellfire uses the "IPX Protocol":

IPX stands for Internetwork Packet Exchange. IPX is a networking protocol that was used from the late 1980s through the mid-1990s and is no longer supported by Windows.
    According to the Tunngle wiki, it's possible to use "IPX Wrapper" to play IPX windows games over Tunngle:

IPX Wrapper

This method is best suited for Windows Games.
    IPXwrapper is a Winsock wrapper which transparently tunnels IPX packets over IP using UDP port 54792.
    IPXWrapper works for various games like but not limited to Red Alert 2, WarCraft II, Army Men RTS, Lords of Magic SE, Dark Reign, Diablo I etc. etc..
    All the info + download links are here: http://www.tunngle.net/wiki/IPX_Protocol (and you'll of course need Tunngle as well: http://www.tunngle.net/ )

As for Hamachi, it may be possible, but seems more complicated --- aside from having to intentionally run an old version of Hamachi, Vista users (which usually means that it affects Windows 7 users as well) run into problems. If you are curious about Hamachi, you can check this thread: http://www.thedark5.com/forum/forum_...?TID=1260&PN=1 (The last post may include a fix for getting it to work in Vista/Win 7, but I would personally stick with Tunngle as it seems a lot more straightforward)

edit: seems like this whole thing has already been discussed here. I noticed that the link to the hacked .dll file is broken on the wiki. I have found a mirror but I won't share it until I've tested it.

Last edited by justinjk; 30-06-2012 at 12:09.

what about for window vista, do i need a patch for that also?

IncGamers Member

I just installed Diablo 1 on my Laptop. Windows 7. I upgraded to 1.09b, and I'm using a no-cd crack. Game loads fine but I can't connect to bnet. Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Aenima View Post
    I just installed Diablo 1 on my Laptop. Windows 7. I upgraded to 1.09b, and I'm using a no-cd crack. Game loads fine but I can't connect to bnet. Any ideas?
    The official servers have a version check to see if you are using the original game, so you canīt use the no-cd crack to play on blizzards servers.
    If you wanna use a no-cd crack and play online, your only options are PvPGN servers with versioncheck disabled, which wonīt be easy to find since it allowed modifed clients and, consequently, a lot of cheats.

To be honest, with drive emulation software like Virtual Clone Drive by Elby, you shouldnīt even bother using a no-cd crack.
    Just get a backup of the game, and load it with a virtual drive software everytime you wanna play.