Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Funny Re: [EuSCL] Looking for a non-stop ladder reset party!

Hey guys, was just searching the forums, i am a very active player and would love to join your team for the reset.

*eatmyshorts is my account name.

i would love to play either light sorc or fury/rabies build(love it, plus oak sage)

cheers

Tiege

Re: [EuSCL] Looking for a non-stop ladder reset party!

• Theio Vrefos: Sorc, possibly blizzard * ??
    • McFreja: Blizzard sorc *mcfreja
    • nyste: Trapasin *Flyingpantsu
    • Greizer: Barb? or 2nd pala *greizer
    • Planktonboy: Pala, barb or any class *planktonboy
    • Nebuchadezzar: Tele Sorc, or any class *neBu
    • funpop: any class beside druid
    • tiege: sorc/druid

without much research and not considering your class choices i think we should create this party:

1) tanking barb for bo
    2) paladin with conviction (support the elemental damage dealers and heals)
    3) paladin with fanatism/might (support the physical damage dealers)
    4) sorc for tele (must have) <-- should be a player who knows how to tele
    (there are guides if you teleport clockwise or counter-clockwise)
    5) sorc (cold or lightning or fire)
    6) summon necro with amp/decripify/lower res and CE
    7) druid with oak
    8) no idea

i think AMP and FANATISM is essential

what do you think ?

IncGamers Member

Alright, my new account will be *pinkfloy[d

Rabies is worthless in this set up, as the sorceresses will destroy anything before poison does much damage. On the other hand, werebear + shockwave is awesome, especially in Baal and Diablo runs.

Can anyone help me with the time? I don't do very well with time differences. I live in Greece and don't know when the ladder will be resetting.

IncGamers Member

I think we should use CET (Central European Time) to avoid confusions, since that is where most people are bound to live. The UK is -1 hour from that, Greece and Finland (where I live) are CET+1. Just google "time zones" and check for your country if you're unsure.

The exact time of the Reset has not been announced afaik. I will post it as soon as it is (someone else can watch for it too, in case I miss it). We do know that it will last 6 hours, although even in this there is some uncertainty (Blizzard are not the most reliable when it comes to such announcements ). Also, it was said earlier by Bashiok (the Blizz Community Manager) that there will be some 'surprise' with this Reset; whether that means a new patch or something else is anyone's guess. So we should take that into account before rushing things too much imo.

Edit: Krischan posted in another thread that the last few Resets have been @ 9 AM Pacific Time; I calculated that this would mean 11 PM CET (if it takes 6 hours; it usually takes 0.5-4 h according to Kris). So, looks like it's pretty late. Not sure if this is definite, but I do seem to remember playing late at night when I played last Reset. This will mean that we need more players, since it's likely quite a few won't arrive.
    Edit2: Daylight Savings Time... Dammit, I'm pretty sure that it leads to no benefits thanks to the confusion it causes. So, make that 10 PM CET then.
    Edit3: Seems that we observe Daylight Savings Time in Finland too until 30th of October... And I guess in Central Europe too. Hmm, I'm mighty confused about this. Perhaps it's better that someone more time-savvy post about it. Consider my time approximate for now (+/- 1 hour).

For the moment, let's assume it's not a patch that Bash was talking about (it's unlikely at this late point in the game's life). Let's 'consolidate' the list a bit to avoid confusion when the time arrives; just copy it and 'finalize' your build in it (you can still change it later, the idea is to pick something you're comfortable with and can go with if the rest of the group matches it):

Theio Vrefos: Sorc, possibly blizzard *pinkfloy[d
    McFreja: Blizzard sorc *mcfreja
    nyste: Trapasin *Flyingpantsu
    Greizer: Barb *greizer
    Planktonboy: Pala, barb or any class *planktonboy
    Nebuchadezzar: Tele Sorc, or any class *neBu
    funpop: any class beside druid
    tiege: sorc/druid *eatmyshorts

Spares/late joiners:

xKami: sorc/pala *kamikaz333

@funpop: please give your account name asap.

Also, Theio, you may wish to consider altering your account name, because if not now then later on that bracket ([) will lead to confusions, i.e. people will write it the wrong way around (]) and not reach you. I speak from experience here; it's best for acc names to be totally unambiguous.

Note to potential new players: since it's likely that not all of us will arrive (confusions and rl troubles), you can still sign up. It's Theio's call how the spots will be distributed, but I'd say we'll wait for the current participants and if someone doesn't show up, we'll whisp you. So leave your account name if you wish to have a spare place in the team.

Last edited by Greizer; 24-10-2011 at 10:58.

will create a new account for the new ladder when i come home and let you know..
    why dont we have a fire sorc in the team who enchants ?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by funpop View Post
    will create a new account for the new ladder when i come home and let you know..
    Ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by funpop View Post
    why dont we have a fire sorc in the team who enchants ?
    The idea seems to be that three sorces + assa obliterate things fast enough as it is, and the benefits would be marginal compared to convic, shockwave, BO and golem+curses. If we do take an extra 'utility' char, imo it should be a Pally; but then the Conviction Pally can flash Redemption, too, or use Vigor in town, so even that's not crucial imo.

IncGamers Member

Hi,
    I just want to confirm that I’m still in; my choice of char is still blizzard sorc.
    My intention is to play all night long and I hope we have killed Baal in hell when we stop. (I might need some short break just in case my puppy needs to go out, but she will probably sleep all night long.)

@nebu I remember you, “the teleporting God” from last reset. Nice to see you again.

It’s hard to say anything about the reset time. They haven’t announced anything about the exact time, just in the morning and add ~ 6 hour. The reset should be done sometimes in the evening. I’m not good at converting time but my calculation is; If the reset starts at 8 AM PST (5 PM CET) then the game will be up running at 2 PM PST (11 PM CET). This includes the daylight saying time. I can be wrong …. So we just have to wait and see. I’ll be online earlier, just in case.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by McFreja View Post
    Hi,
    I just want to confirm that Iím still in; my choice of char is still blizzard sorc.
    My intention is to play all night long and I hope we have killed Baal in hell when we stop. (I might need some short break just in case my puppy needs to go out, but she will probably sleep all night long.)

@nebu I remember you, ďthe teleporting GodĒ from last reset. Nice to see you again.

Itís hard to say anything about the reset time. They havenít announced anything about the exact time, just in the morning and add ~ 6 hour. The reset should be done sometimes in the evening. Iím not good at converting time but my calculation is; If the reset starts at 8 AM PST (5 PM CET) then the game will be up running at 2 PM PST (11 PM CET). This includes the daylight saying time. I can be wrong Ö. So we just have to wait and see. Iíll be online earlier, just in case.
    Nice to see you too
    Don't worry about the breaks, we'll find some time. You can sneak away while we teleport through act 3 or something.

As for the time of the reset, it could be anytime from 18.00 CET and beyond. Usually it takes a couple of hours for them to get going. I remember last reset, the realm went up and people played for 20 minutes, then it rolled back, so they had to remake their characters. I think it was around 21 CET? We should try to be here at 19.00 CET in my opinion as to not miss the start!

Great that you decided to play Barb Greizer! Tiege, if you would please take on the roll of werebear/shockwave Druid with oak sage, then you can just reskill after this to anything you want.

Sorcs should also have different elements as to maximize our chances against immunes.
    Planktonboy, are you okay with the paladin slot?

• Theio Vrefos: Sorc, blizzard/firewall.. *PinkFloy[d]
    • McFreja: Blizzard sorc *mcfreja
    • nyste: Trapasin *Flyingpantsu
    • Greizer: BO Barb *greizer
    • Planktonboy: Conviction/Meditation Pala *planktonboy
    • Nebuchadezzar: Tele Sorc/StaticOrber *neBu
    • funpop: Necro? *Hifi
    • tiege: Bear/Shockwave/Oak Sage Druid *eatmyshorts

Reserve list:
    • xKami: sorc/pala *kamikaz333
    • Evilme: druid *????

Would this be okay?
    This would lead to Theios preferred build, and we would finish the game in no-time

Also, anyone else who would like to join, just say so. You will most likely be on the reserve list, and if more people join we could always add a second team.

Last edited by NEbuChaDezZaR; 24-10-2011 at 15:35.

Not sure how long your run till act 3 hell will take, but I should have time after 19:00 (CET) till max 0:00 (CET) due to work, if you still need one member that is.

I'd prefer playing a druid, seeing how i want to make a wind druid, i just love those.

Of course for that i can have the following at lvl 80:

20 oak sage
    1 all prereq to bear
    1 to bear
    rest in cyclone / tornado / hurricane and twister

I could spam twister for a while to give a stun (not sure how twister vs shockwave go in stun ratio ^^)

IncGamers Member

Yo im happy playing shockwave bear no experiance in playing one but should be alright....if evilme wants to take it thats fine and il go light sorc...

Tiege