Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: [EuSCL] Looking for a non-stop ladder reset party!

Hey guys!

I'm going to be super busy next week (3 exams + homeworks) so I'm not sure if I can join you from the beginning. If it's not a big problem I'll join after Thursday and will try to catch up. Also account: *kamikaz333

IncGamers Member

When it comes to a ladder reset party, it all comes down to getting through normal as fast as possible. The rest is all baal runs. As soon as we hit lvl 18 the sorcs can tele through any area and the only action will be boss fights. Bosskills with 8 players will be a piece of cake.

Also, if you're going for max vigor you might as well just go for a pure hammerdin, as vigor will be one of your synergies. You'll be able to do decent damage yourself as well as tank damage for the real damage dealers.

As for the baal runs, with 3+ sorcs, all you really need is a good tank.
    A barb is probably the most essential class for hell difficulty success. BO just can't be replaced when it comes to extra hp&mana which makes teleing down to baal that much easier.

My preferred setup:
    • 1 Hammerdin (conviction isn't worth the 4 pre-reqs IMO)
    • 1 Barbarian (BO BO BO! )
    • 1 Necromancer (Gogo CE! Lower Resistances vs. mobs & CG/decrep vs. bosses)
    • 5 (Insert mages here) - A druid is icing on the cake. As most players will want to get their mf sorcs up and running, I expect most of these slots to be sorcs.

Honestly the necromancer isn't essential. Neither is the hammerdin but these will greatly improve our overall run speed.

IncGamers Member

Hmm, didn't notice that Vigor is a Hammer synergy. I hate Hammerdins (can't aim with the bloody hammers), but I guess I could spam hammers now and respec later.

Ofc other classes will be more useful than two Palas; I was assuming we'd already have a Necro and a Barb. I won't play a Druid though since I hate Druids and they're less than ideal mf chars in the beginning.

There's still 4 days to the reset; hopefully we'll get a few more players before then, since xKami has to drop out (if we run non-stop (or only stop for sleep, most likely), we'll be finished by Thursday. More like Wednesday really.). Ofc, we can keep each other on our friend lists afterwards, to help with muling or later rushes, etc.

Edit: imo it seems like a waste not to take a Convic pally with 4 sorcs. It's much better than 1 more sorc, with the huge -res.

IncGamers Member

Honetly, I think you're underestimating conviction power, especially with 4-5 casters in the team. Casters are not that gear dependent thanks to synergies and they are able to kill act bosses easily with negative resistances. I don't think that a melee character will be able to hold off nightmare and hell ancients for example (without decripify).

IncGamers Member

You are right about Conviction being awesome and I do like your setup. I would however emphasize the importance of a Barbarian, as we really need someone to tank the damage for the casters, seeing as the paladin will be very fragile. Also, if there's no druid or necro, we might run into some problems.

In regards to boss fights, they're easy with 8 players With Static Field (and Decrepify) bosses go down super fast regardless. It's the baal runs that are time-consuming, and obviously Conviction helps out a lot there.

My suggestion revolved around Lower Resistance from the Necro, as Necros tend to skill most curses anyways. That way you get the tanking qualitites of a full hammerdin and the necro.
    The support pala is a nice touch though

IncGamers Member

The lower resist is not that good and we will lose our decrepify.
    Lower resist will cap around -60 i think while conviction will go up to -100+ and with that much -res it will remove immunitys which is really good when you have so much magic dmg.

Im going to play a trapasin so i will have CE but yeah decrep is really good + summons will take up alot of the dmg.

We will need a barb and that conviction paly with insight as soon as we find a sol rune. We can build our team around that, but a necro would be good if someone wants to play it.

Edit:
    20 in both skills
    -62 res = lower resist
    -125 res = Conviction and -90% defense

Last edited by nyste; 20-10-2011 at 18:58.

IncGamers Member

You've already sold me on Conviction! As for the sol rune, a 5 minute break in act 1 nm will allow the sorcs to find one from the Countess, if we haven't found one already.

IncGamers Member

C'mon, people, we need more participants! PM your friends if all else fails (I would but I don't have any).

If we only take one Pally, I could be the Barb, too. I hear that a horker Barb does quite well in pub CS runs and then later in Travi with good gear.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Greizer View Post
    If we only take one Pally, I could be the Barb, too. I hear that a horker Barb does quite well in pub CS runs and then later in Travi with good gear.
    Barb is also very good at early ladder nihlathak runs for destruction keys and charms.

So let's update the player list?
    • Theio Vrefos: Sorc, possibly blizzard * ??
    • McFreja: Blizzard sorc *mcfreja
    • nyste: Trapasin *Flyingpantsu
    • Greizer: Barb? or 2nd pala *greizer
    • Planktonboy: Pala, barb or any class *planktonboy
    • Nebuchadezzar: Tele Sorc, or any class *neBu

Could we have your account name Theio?
    We still need at least 2 more players. Let's find them!

Joining in on Thursday, possibly a second team?
    xKami: Sorc, pala or other *kamikaz333

i would love to join you guys,
    going to read through all posts later,
    favourite char would be amazon (java or strafer) or sorceress (dual elements)

but im willing to play any char that is useful to the party

Last edited by funpop; 23-10-2011 at 19:51.