Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 136
  1. #51

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    No, it's definetely not about latency or lag. It's just bad or lazy coding.

    As for "the attack doesn't register if you move", that isn't the case with PoE. It's just a matter of if something really hit you or not. And this won't make the game easy. Those zombies are from the very beginning of the game (you're actually level 1 there) and they are simply too slow. You can't do that effectively to anything other than really slow enemies. Besides you won't see two zombies alone in the game



  2. #52
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    496

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Quote Originally Posted by lone_wolf View Post
    If you hadn't broken diablo2 with all of your duping, hacking and trade scams you might not be in this mess, Mr. Battlnet Player. Your "Griefing" is gone and you have only yourself to blame.

    If you battlenet player fans weren't all criminals maybe you could have nice things.

    Look i can make baseless assumptions too

    Seriously Godzillaz stop painting with such a wide brush you only making your own arguments weaker.

    Yes single players have cheated in diablo 2 but so do battle net players every single day when they use their duped gear. Do you think its fair if we label you a hacker and a duper simply because other who play the same game mode as you do are involved in such activities?

    Because frankly you are telling millions of people that they are hackers based only on their preferred style of playing diablo 2.

    Not only did the rampant duping, hacking and botting turn me of battelnet play. Attitudes like yours godzillaz and the way you act toward other people ensured me and other people either turned to password protected games with a close knit community or single player gaming becasue it was not worth it to sort though the cesspool that is battlenet for the decent players that are out there.
    My assumptions aren't baseless, though. People who encouraged single player are the worst contributors to the problems in D1 and D2 because the inclusion of single player was the catalyst for the over-abundance of hacks and scams.

    Whether they were witting participants or not their play-mode is what ruined those 2 games. They don't have to accept blame themselves, but they should at least acknowledge and accept why single player had to leave and should NEVER return.



  3. #53
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    This is exclusively a question about game difficulty and balance IMO. Blizzard could make it so the attack doesn't register if you move (just like in that PoE video) but look at how easy it is to avoid damage using that model. You can run in, swing and then run out before the monster has a chance to touch you.
    Well, yes. If you play skillfully and intelligently, you do better. That's a good thing. The current way gives you far less control of whether or not you get hit, which means more chance is involved, instead of more skill.



  4. #54
    IncGamers Member ursustas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    159

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheFluffer View Post
    One player's warp is another player's focus, bear.

    Does anyone disagree that Actiblizz's desire to monitor and potentially monetize every aspect of the play experience is 100% of the reason that offline-only exists in the first place?

    And does anyone disagree that this is 99% of why lag is an issue? The code might be an issue, too, but I doubt it, a decade later.
    I think you mean to say online-only .. not offline only.

    Your argument has nothing to do with this thread as despite it being called 'hit lag' it's not latency/lag related but rather timing/animation related .. so whether it is online-only .. does not matter to this specific issue.

    This is clearly evidenced by the fact the poster of the video claims low latency .. the D2 single player example also shows this effect .. together these imply that it is the way the game is coded .. by accident or design .. who knows.



  5. #55
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    510

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Quote Originally Posted by ursustas View Post
    This is clearly evidenced by the fact the poster of the video claims low latency .. the D2 single player example also shows this effect .. together these imply that it is the way the game is coded .. by accident or design .. who knows.
    Hilarious - you really think that a game which has had a hundred million+ in development on it with possibly a decade of work on the engine has a few hundred MS lag exclusively because of the coding? And not the need to constantly ping a server? Interesting theories, chief. Glad you're 100% sure.



  6. #56
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    5,373

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Out of curiosity, have any of the Blizzard release gameplay videos demonstrated this hit lag behavior?




  7. #57
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Have any of the Blizzard release gameplay videos demonstrated players getting hit at all?? I don't think they did, at least not with any indications of it happening. After all, getting hit is not "awesome".



  8. #58
    IncGamers Member Raesene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    BattleTag Mick-1457
    Posts
    1,388

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Quote Originally Posted by yovargas View Post
    Have any of the Blizzard release gameplay videos demonstrated players getting hit at all?? I don't think they did, at least not with any indications of it happening. After all, getting hit is not "awesome".
    I think you just discovered the easiest solution to this problem. Just make it so monsters can't hit the player at all.



  9. #59
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,563

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    But then how would the unicorns tickle us with their magical rainbows??



  10. #60
    IncGamers Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    358

    Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

    Wow, this kind of puts the PoE vs D3 threads into perspective. Some free online only has better coding than the decade long multi million dollar piece? I guess those millions went into marketing instead of R&D...



Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •