Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Diablo: IncGamers Member Justace's Avatar

Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceBastard View Post
    Bummer, seems like we are in the minority when it comes caring about this issue.
    It's not about caring about lag, it's about people seeing through your attempt of fabricating an issue over the one mob in the D3 beta that has a weird attack timing/range.

If you don't like the way the harvester works, then write about that but don't act like D3 has a general Monster hit problem.

IncGamers Member MauriceBastard's Avatar

@justace

here, have a look at skeletons homie, http://youtu.be/4SJyxCMb7ak?hd=1, all monsters have this issue man. are you in the beta? if you are why not make a video that shows how wrong i am?

This is a problem, obviously. It reduces immersion and the value of tactial movement.

Thanks for making these videos, Maurice. Hopefully someone at Blizz will take notice.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by ADest View Post
    Then expect to die a lot. Ranged fighters always get sucked into melee, it's inevitable. Many times you have to walk into range just to progress the game. And no tank can stay in melee forever, you always have to kite sooner or later. Perfect examples in D2 include Duriel in Act 2, and a Barb trying to get through the Chaos Sanctuary in Act 4. A tele Sorc could do a pretty good job on Duriel but no ranged classes have a spammable movement skill in D3.

Anyway, these hit animations look bad. I noticed this kind of thing in WC3, and they've been getting worse with every new Blizz game. They need to either speed up the attack animations, or slow down the impact calcs, or a little of both. It's getting to the point where your character will die before the enemy has even raised their sword.

LOL, nevermind, I just looked at those videos, the game's at that point now. WTFH IS THIS BULL, that fat thing only has to be in RANGE to damage your character, it doesn't even have to do an attack animation. Man, this's serious F'ed up. Does ANYTHING work right in this game!?
    D2 was very poorly balanced; especially in a boss fight like Duriel. I'm expecting better things from D3. All ranged classes have a good variety of mobility and defense.

Also, before you fly completely off the handle I'd like to remind you of some things.

First, this seems to be the only person playing beta who even noticed the problem and other beta players are having a hard time replicating it. I have a feeling it's not all THAT bad.

Second, it's beta. The game got pushed back until 2012 and I'm sure many details like this are being ironed out. Relax.

Reason online only sucks blizzard really are making stupid decisions about this game.

bad enough its already outdated add on top of that it gets pushed back....

Quote Originally Posted by MauriceBastard View Post
    I hope there is ZERO HIT LAG in Diablo 3 when it is released, because games with ZERO HIT LAG feel betterhttp://mraaktagon.com/
    LOL! You expect ZERO lag at launch? Obviously you're expecting too much from any gaming company that exists.

Watched the videos and yes, it looks quite bad :( That amount of lag would be understandable with 300+ ms latency, but in your case... This is one of the more serious issues with the game if you ask me. I can't imagine how many HC characters will be lost to that.

IncGamers Member

Guys, lets remember what is important here - they could ship an offline game with near-zero lag, but that would mean that Bobby Kotick wasn't able to monitor and potentially monetize every single aspect of your gaming experience.

What's the point in that? Is a measly quarter-second so much to ask? After all, the man has a great collection of impressionists and modernists, but doesn't have more than one or two real Dutch masters in his Beverly Hills living room.

Priorities, guys, priorities. Don't be so selfish here.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyTheFluffer View Post
    Guys, lets remember what is important here - they could ship an offline game with near-zero lag, but that would mean that Bobby Kotick wasn't able to monitor and potentially monetize every single aspect of your gaming experience.

What's the point in that? Is a measly quarter-second so much to ask? After all, the man has a great collection of impressionists and modernists, but doesn't have more than one or two real Dutch masters in his Beverly Hills living room.

Priorities, guys, priorities. Don't be so selfish here.
    I'm sorry you won't be able to pirate the single player game and use it to create a ton of duplication and item drop hacks. Having single player in diablo2 really was a great thing, wasn't it? That game's in real solid shape now because of it.

IncGamers Member

Exactly, godz, you understand.

Hopefully those thick, loser single-player types understand, too.

Their experience is secondary, at best. So, what do you think - should he go for Rembrandt or something more like an El Greco or Carvaggio for the next one?