Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 41011121314

Re: Diablo 3 Beta HIT LAG, it's TERRIBLE :(

Arrows and ranged attacks in general are somewhat wider than they seem. You know the Magic Missile-like attack of the Tomb Guardians? Arrows have about the same width, keep this in mind. Ancient Spear for example felt even wider than that when I used it, which is great if you're trying to hit a solitary fast enemy with it, not so much when you're trying to hit something in a crowd.

All this range problem will only remain a problem until we get a feel for dodging things, this is true for every game. D3 may have made things harder in this regard compared to D2, but everything is still dodgeable. Later in the game things will get much easier with movement speed boosts as well.

HC players aren't worse off either, as the rules are the same for them. They will have to take more defensive skills anyway.

IncGamers Member

It's "possible" to dodge, of course. I've played around with the archers trying to figure out exactly what the deal is. And the deal is that it's so absurdly difficult and unreliable to try and dodge hits, ranged or melee, that it's not even worth it. You try and try and they still get their cheap shots in. Maneuvering around attacks is one of the core bits of gameplay in Diablo and it feels like it's damn near been removed. Bleck.

IncGamers Member

If these problems really are that bad, it explains a little of the hesitancy with releasing PVP, people will figure out enraging exploits in just a few days.

Doubtful as this is an intentional feature. PvP is surely delayed for other reasons.

I have to say Yovargas, that I didn't have much trouble with dodging projectiles. Melee attacks are another matter and this new and longer hit range may prove problematic in Inferno, especially without mobility skills. It may actually make these skills mandatory, which would go against the design philosophy of a flexible skill system. It's just one variable though, so if the devs decide to change it they can do so easily.

Oh c'mon I had to play on American server all the way from Europe and I didin't mind the hitlag.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Diabolo View Post
    Oh c'mon I had to play on American server all the way from Europe and I didin't mind the hitlag.
    It has nothing to do with the Internet connection. The lag is due to the player running away before the monster finishes its strike.