Hope you enjoy. :P
Hope you enjoy. :P
Last edited by meiwow; 30-09-2011 at 19:40.
The video was more annoying then the guy in it.
The point was that they feel this game is not simple enough and they need to dumb it down even more?
Can I have the 45sec of my life back please
i pooped in my pants
Ugh, I can't believe I'm giving this silly video the courtesy of an actual response but here goes.The point was that they feel this game is not simple enough and they need to dumb it down even more?
What you did here is take a comment regarding story telling methods and pull it out of context to support your argument. You make it look as though he were discussing their overall game play goals, but he was not discussing game play but storytelling and the fact that it's better to SHOW don't TELL, which is a well known concept of film making, writing, and general story telling. They wanted you to see the story in Diablo 3 and take part in it, as opposed to have someone tell you about it, which is bad story telling.
For example, the beginning of the Lord of the Rings films is a good case of telling not showing, because it's basically narrated exposition, though it's so freaking awesome you don't really care. So perhaps a very effective example of telling in cinema. Besides to have all that shown through the actions of the characters would take another movie entirely, but I digress.
Link for further information.
The truth is that I'm not happy with diablo 3 not having custumizable stat points and I've never seen them talk about it. Instead all they talk about is how in general they want their game to be so simple and accessible it pisses me off.
The removal of skill points doesn't bother me because I believe that Diablo should be about more than just putting the right skill points into skills, especially considering that accounts for about 5% of the time played. What are you doing the other 95% of the time? Grinding for gear I guess, lol. I think that's what really counts. RPGs right now are going through a huge paradigm shift and moving away from their DnD ancestry of dice rolls and number crunching and trying to focus more on the parts where you are actually playing the game. Understandably, a good number of people are pretty upset about this.
While character customization is still alive and well, (as seen here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian) I think they want it to be more intuitive and natural as opposed to getting the numbers right.
But anyway, there are already a few threads on this, so I suggest you bring your grievances there.