Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Multi-Boxing

BattleTag Azzure-1989

Re: Multi-Boxing

Quote Originally Posted by Naviaras View Post
    Remember how I said, that the RMAH is all about consumer confidence. My confidence is shattered and I can only imagine what would happen when the millions of casual players find out. All that it would take for that to happen is for one MultiBoxer to make a killing in the market and the media find out. CQ you may not be out to skin the game, but I'll bet your $$$ that someone is.
    On an unrelated note, it's going to be very cool when we have our stats up and running so we can see plunges/rally's in real time. This will be something that we have never seen before in a game and it's going to be awesome.

I can just imagine it now, news headline on the main page: "Awesome New Crafting Recipe sends the price of Mystic Essence soaring 40%!"

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Naviaras View Post
    Blizzard handed you a re-syncing tool. The movement skills: Teleport, Leap, Tumble, Dash & Spirit Walk. All of those skill will move the character where the cursor is.
    Once the char is de-synched, the mouse will be on a different place on the screen; gonna need to smoosh straight into a wall until everyone catches up. I think monks will be the most popular for this: the healing, the stacking of aura's, the ability to just take it to the face for a bit. Too much effort to be bothered with though, friends are funner and smarter.

You mean wd will be the most popular :P, 1900 dogs ,4 armies, and 4 totems....gg. Doesn't matter how many multiboxer toons they have, if you find the Windforce first .

BattleTag ADJMan-1164

Quote Originally Posted by droppin View Post
    Doesn't matter how many multiboxer toons they have, if you find the Windforce first .
    You are correct sir, this is what really matters.

IncGamers Member

you'll probably do much better having 2 good, dependable teammates, than multiboxing with 3 accounts

IncGamers Member

define better. more controlled accounts = more loot. the whole point of this is to get more loot per hour played and i believe that while it wont be fully efficient to run multiples it is better than just one.

IncGamers Member

better = more loot per hour

you'll probably get more loot per hour having 2 good, dependable teammates, than multiboxing with 3 accounts

3 separate players with voice chat searching routes, smashing barrels, killing monsters, getting loot, crafting, sharing materials, recipes, and items

IncGamers Member

I just dont agree that my 1/3 of the loot in your situation is more than 3/3 while multiboxing.

will 3 players get more loot total? sure, but i only get to keep my share.

Quote Originally Posted by viledevil View Post
    I just dont agree that my 1/3 of the loot in your situation is more than 3/3 while multiboxing.
    I've only seen one multiboxing video so far, but it looks really hard to sync up your characters (and you lose time by doing this), since monsters can push you around.

Multiboxing will probably also require heavy use of pets (limited class and build options), which may not always be optimal for your killing speed or it may be flat out impossible in certain areas.

Looking at loot, the question really is, if a party of 4 for example will be able to kill things 4 times as fast as a multiboxer. Good teamwork and greater build flexibility should make this possible I think, although not in the beta. It depends on how hard the game will be and how varied the monsters will be, and we just don't know that.

Last edited by HardRock; 25-03-2012 at 18:27.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by HardRock View Post
    I've only seen one multiboxing video so far, but it looks really hard to sync up your characters (and you lose time by doing this), since monsters can push you around.
    i've dual'd already in the beta and it is much more effective than just one account. running 2 chars each on an individual mouse is relatively easy. i've also run 2 as multis (ie with the same inputs) which is harder but its not that hard to keep them together and its also a learned skill.

Multiboxing will probably also require heavy use of pets (limited class and build options), which may not always be optimal for your killing speed or it may be flat out impossible in certain areas.
    we dont know how viable pets will be late game nor can you really say that it will be required to use pets to effectively run more than one toon. killing speed will not be optimal, the question is how much more loot you get than running just one toon. and ya i'd say certain areas it wouldnt be very effective, fortunately we dont have to play those areas

Looking at loot, the question really is, if a party of 4 for example will be able to kill things 4 times as fast as a multiboxer. Good teamwork and greater build flexibility should make this possible I think, although not in the beta. It depends on how hard the game will be and how varied the monsters will be, and we just don't know that.
    even if a party could kill 4 times as fast as a mb (which i doubt) you require 3 other humans which could limit your playing time also. i cede that you'd kill slower mb than playing with 3 other ppl, but if you kill half as fast mb then you are still getting twice the loot per hour played. by fine tuning your skills as well as intelligently selecting what areas of the game you play your kill rate (and loot per hour) will increase as well.