Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates

Scrolls of Reforging?

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/scroll/

I didn't see this before...

Might make Legendaries(below lvl 50) a bit more interesting.
    Though I feel they should let it affect above lvl 60 too. Just make them more rare.

BattleTag Matora-6323

Re: Scrolls of Reforging?

Wow, interesting. Didn't see it either. This could really change the economy up as well, making getting those perfect weapon modifiers a bit easier maybe? But then again, I wonder how many times you can use them. If wands and the like are not effected by durability, it may seem a tad advantageous for some.

IncGamers Member

Well only the superior one could be used on legendaries, and it doesn't sound like a great deal. Who knows what you'd end up with if you used it on a legendary, some new item with the same number of properties? You'd basically be turning it into a rare. Could be good for bad legendaries or something to do with an item before you throw it away.

Diablo: IncGamers Member ThulRasha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by vileguy View Post
    Could be good for bad legendaries or something to do with an item before you throw it away.
    Yep, or if you already have that legendary and 20 on the AH. Gamble with the scroll and hope for something special.

The -10% max durability means it's probably going to be just 1 or 2 gambles before the item becomes useless.

IncGamers Member

I'm just imaging the whining when someone buys what they thought was a cheap legendary only to find it has 1 maximum durability.

IncGamers Member Grayson Carlyle's Avatar

It's only level 1-49, so it's a toy most of the time, and useful on low level legendaries that have a unique effect to them.