Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Does Diablo 3 single player require Battlenet log on? Please tell me it's not tr

I'll see a lot of QQ when Blizzard start kicking people 2 seconds after they minimize their game, just like in WoW.

Banned

Re: Does Diablo 3 single player require Battlenet log on? Please tell me it's not tr

Quote Originally Posted by WolfBear View Post
    I read somewhere that Diablo 3 requires players to log on to Battlenet (and stay logged on) even if they want to play single player. If this is true, then this game is an EPIC FAIL!!

Many people, such as myself, have internet connections with high latency which are NOT good for online gaming (other than flash-type games). Blizzard would be essentially alienating this entire audience if they require Diablo 3 single player to be played on Battlenet servers without any option for offline play.

So is this true about Diablo 3 single player mode requiring continuous Battlenet connection?

Don't worry, this game is "Diablo 3" in name only.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Dahmer View Post
    Not having a pause is a valid complaint? That just sounds like someone that wants it to be exactly like D2 and when it looks a tiny bit like WoW they call D3 an mmo and complain...

I've played single player games before that didn't have a way to pause it, if you have to go afk and you're not in a safe spot you could end up dead. You either learn to deal with that or find another game that's not so hard for your easily distracted fragile ***.
    Some people have a life - wives, girlfriends, and children that need to be attended to. This might be shocking and hard to grasp to all of the greasy-Blizzard-T-Shirt-wearing-basement-dwellers out there. But I assure you. These people do exist in the outside world.

IncGamers Member

I don't know why this makes me rage more than anything else that's been said about D3 so far... At first, it was a definite deal breaker for me. The only game I own that's online only is HoN, and the reasons why that has to be online only is obvious. I decided to give this game a break though and buy it anyway. Probably from sheer nostalgia. I just don't like the whole online only thing AT ALL though. The benefits seem so weak to me, or like they're not even benefits at all, but detriments.

No mods, EVER? Really? How is this a benefit? How is it a good thing that only Blizzard can provide content? They're good at making games, yes, but they can't be everything to everyone. If I wanted to mod the game to make the DH a Hydralisk, so what? How is preventing this a benefit?

No dupes, EVER? Really? How is this a benefit? What's so bad about someone using dupes in single player? I don't recall anyone ever crying back in the days of the up down, up down, left right, left right, B A B A Start and the likes 'hax'... Blizzard has said themselves that this game is cooperative rather than competitive, so why are dupes such a deal breaker, even if they did somehow get into the online?

I dunna... But it seems to me like the SC2 trilogy will probably be the last games where Blizzard gives two $hits about single player games. After all the success with WoW, they think (ok, maybe they know) that Multiplayer games are more popular and profitable than single player ones, so they want to cater to that larger audience, and feel that any game is made better by forcing it into multiplayer. It just seems like they're always going out of their trying to convince everyone that everything's better if multiplayer and online only, and a lot of people don't look like they even needed any convincing.

Clan Officer - US West Hardcore Muggs's Avatar
    BattleTag Muggs-1534

Quote Originally Posted by vileguy View Post
    I'd say the game is probably playable with satellite internet, so even for these people, it might not be impossible.
    The latency of satellite internet is atrocious you are talking 1400ms++ latency and many times much worse depending on weather.

As you can see from my other posts I have no issue with being online only play just pointing out that many times there is very little someone can do in order to change their predicament.

IncGamers Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ABarbarian View Post
    Some people have a life - wives, girlfriends, and children that need to be attended to. This might be shocking and hard to grasp to all of the greasy-Blizzard-T-Shirt-wearing-basement-dwellers out there. But I assure you. These people do exist in the outside world.
    If my wife or child needs attention that cannot wait one minute, they're priority. It's just a game, and if you die or disappoint people when you leave suddenly because real life got in the way, you'll/they'll get over it eventually.

No mods is a benefit. Not for you, but for Activision Blizzard. This way they have complete control over your playing experience. When you play new content, ActiBlizzard is getting a cut. Toll booths, be the gatekeeper WOW style.

How is dupes/hacks/cheats an issue in Single Player ? You don't annoy any person with your cheats. You are only cheating yourself. See, I don't want to be able to cheat, I just don't want to suffer the same restrictions (like no pause) just because some people cheat and Blizzard pretends to be teaching a moral lesson. If there was a way to create SP-only characters, which can't ever join a MP game, then they wouldn't bring duped items online.

More likely that cheated/duped items would ... compete with real money auction house. People with dupes are not likely to buy items.

I wish there was Nox 2 made by the original team :(. I'll have to settle for TL2, and it's a bit too similar to D3 for my taste. Nox had better multiplayer and wasn't a fireworks show.

Last edited by borsuk; 24-09-2011 at 08:11.

Quote Originally Posted by Godzillaz View Post
    Blizzard wants this to be an online only game for a variety of good reasons. Sorry.
    Sorry, but if they wanted it to be an online only game, there would be no so-called "singler player" mode.

Having to connect to the internet to play a game by yourself is absurd. I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise.

Diablo: IncGamers Member ThulRasha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neck Romancer View Post
    Sorry, but if they wanted it to be an online only game, there would be no so-called "singler player" mode.

Having to connect to the internet to play a game by yourself is absurd. I challenge anyone to prove me otherwise.
    What is this so-called "single player" mode you are talking about? It's not an option available in any Diablo3 menu.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/gallery/...php?photo=5923

Ah right, foolish me.