Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
    IncGamers Member

Latency Issues?

Hi Guys.
    It would be great if some of you post your latency and country here
    Im dreading to play this game, but im Latinoamerican and I highly doubt that there will be a Latinoamerican server, so Id like to know if the game is worth buying (whenever it comes out )

Thanks guys

PS: Sorry for my poor english!

BattleTag Azzure-1989

Re: Latency Issues?

FYI Latency doesn't really matter anymore: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...r-in-d3-combat

But to answer your question, Australian on Beta server = 200ms.

IncGamers Member

Yep, Ive already read that, but ive watched a couples of streams with a lot of delay (and I mean a lot). I doubt that "Blizzard may have found a way to completely remove the delay of character combat actions"
    Anyway, thanks for answering and I hope that I'm wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by Azzure View Post
    FYI Latency doesn't really matter anymore: http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/com...r-in-d3-combat

But to answer your question, Australian on Beta server = 200ms.
    Doesn't matter how much blizzard try to mask latency, soon or later the game data will have to be sent to the servers and you will notice latency and/or lag. It all depends on the quality of your isp, overall internet traffic, load on the game's servers and distance (and possibly other factors).

Every single person will have to test how the game feels by themselves. There is no definitive answer and many of the connection variables are out of your control.

BattleTag Azzure-1989

Not sure how many times I've said this now....

There is a huge difference between lag and latency. The combat in Diablo 3 has no delay therefore your latency does NOT matter (within reason - if you have more than 1000ms than there is something actually wrong with your connection and you will have a delay and stoppage, and catchups.)

If your connection (or the servers connection) is not stable on the other hand, has packet-loss or something impedes the constant data-flow (THIS IS NOT LATENCY RELATED!), than you will have lag and it will ALWAYS cause delays, freezes, stoppages etc because the data has stopped flowing. Whether its the servers end, or your end.

I'm going to explode if I type that again...

Last edited by Azzure; 23-09-2011 at 03:02.