Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member Such Violent Storms's Avatar

Your character being Stunned, Feared, and Charmed

I wonder how these work?

Stunned is pretty simple actually, your character is just... stunned. Feared and charmed are more interesting; in D2, they just didn't effect you at all. So, if my charactr becomes Feared, does he just run away not under my control? Better yet, if my character becomes Charmed, does he start attacking my party members automagically? Do my skills suddenly have Friendly Fire turned on?

I personally don't like the idea of a battle-torn hero fleeing at the sight of a ghost, and I really don't like the idea of losing control of my character.

BattleTag Saydrake-1197

Re: Your character being Stunned, Feared, and Charmed

This is why people think some ideas were taken straight from WoW.

They shouldn't do this. Keep it simple, D2 style.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Such Violent Storms View Post
    I wonder how these work?

.. So, if my charactr becomes Feared, does he just run away not under my control? ..
    that's the way it works in Rift PvP, and its the dumbest most annoying thing ever

Clan Officer - US East Hardcore AlexanderBarin's Avatar
    BattleTag MotherMedusa-1643

Quote Originally Posted by jamesL View Post
    that's the way it works in Rift PvP, and its the dumbest most annoying thing ever
    Same as WoW, yeah, not very fun. Hopefully in D2, it just makes you stand still until you take dmg (then it dispells).

IncGamers Member

Fear will probably make you run away. This will add excitement and danger as you could potentially run into a group of enemies and have to fight more.

Charm is more unknown. Maybe it will work like confused in D2.

As for being a battle-torn hero that is feared, fear isn't necessarily being scared of what you see, it could be that your mind has been dominated and that you are seeing hallucinations that cause you to see the most horrific things imaginable. Anybody who doesn't have some fear just doesn't have rationale/sense.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by vileguy View Post
    Fear will probably make you run away. This will add excitement and danger as you could potentially run into a group of enemies and have to fight more.

Charm is more unknown. Maybe it will work like confused in D2.

As for being a battle-torn hero that is feared, fear isn't necessarily being scared of what you see, it could be that your mind has been dominated and that you are seeing hallucinations that cause you to see the most horrific things imaginable. Anybody who doesn't have some fear just doesn't have rationale/sense.
    How about keeping it subtle ? Jesus christ have you people lost your minds with these autismal details ?!

Like dude... When you see diablo like, you pee yourself a little, so you get -4 dex penalty cuz your pants are wet. En then that unwashed pee causes a rash in your crotch so you take 5 damage per second. It all make sense dewd yeah. We want this to be epic.

BattleTag Mick-1457

Making other players lose control of their character... ridiculous amount of fun.

Losing control of your own character... pretty much the opposite.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Player View Post
    How about keeping it subtle ? Jesus christ have you people lost your minds with these autismal details ?!

Like dude... When you see diablo like, you pee yourself a little, so you get -4 dex penalty cuz your pants are wet. En then that unwashed pee causes a rash in your crotch so you take 5 damage per second. It all make sense dewd yeah. We want this to be epic.
    I don't know why you're being so abrasive, and I don't quite understand which direction you're going or if you're being sarcastic. Of course these things you're expressing will not be in the game.

IncGamers Member

Yep making players lose control of their character is bad gameplay, I remember dungeon runners that was so lame. Its creating a harder difficulty by using cheap tactics.

IncGamers Member

If these forums prove anything at all, it is that peoples concepts of fun is wildly different.

Don't have a problem with losing control of my characters either, as long as you had a reasonable chance to avoid it in the first place. Like 'run away from this mob within 2 sec or you'll get feared'.