Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Post your Demon Hunter builds here!

Quote Originally Posted by reflexii View Post
    Yes the affix -part of my post is about %crit chance spawning on items. This affix can't spawn on all items and the maximum number to get from items is 54%. I don't think blizzard will add any items focusing on crit percentage, as all items are based on random properties. You'll just have to have a lot of luck to get a legendary to spawn with maximum %crit chance (wont still get higher than 54 though).
    Whaaaaa? Legenendary items will not have specific stats? I think you're misinformed there. That's just a rare with a name then!

They had those '+4 to random stat' labels when the item guide was originally released just because it was still a work in progress.

I would super disappointed if they dropped the ball on uniq--I mean legendary Items that badly.

Anyway, I'm not entirely sure where 54% is coming from. We have 13 items (Head, shoulders, bracers, torso, belt, boots, pants, gloves 2x weapons, 2x rings, and an amulet), and if it is a consistent modifier, we can't get 54%. Maybe you're including the passive that would grant an extra 10% if I use duel x-bows, but the 44%/13 doesn't cut it either.

Regardless, I expect there to be legenedary items that are geared toward a crit build. And I plan to take advantage of it!

IncGamers Member

Ah yes, I was wrong with the legendary items there, had to google some (because I'm stubborn) to find out that there are set stats for legendary items plus SOME random affixes! Sorry about that

And no, I'm not taking the dual x-bow passive in the calculations. As far as I remember, %chance critical can spawn on shoulders, bows/xbows, offhand(quiver), helm and rings. Max for the armor pieces/weapons was 10% and for rings it was 7% (or so). Can't be sure of the items though, as diablonut's affix page is broken at the moment, so I'm just writing these through memory (could be wrong). But the sure thing was that it totaled maximum of 54% from all items that can spawn %chance critical affix.

There are different affixes for legendary items and magic/rare items. Some affixes will appear on all types, when some will appear on legendaries only. %critical chance still doesn't go over 54% mark, even with legendaries (as of patch 13 stuff, so it might not appear on the game like this when shipped). Of course there can be legendaries that cross the boundaries of affix selection and spawn %critical chance on items that it wouldn't normally spawn on, but as of now, we don't know that, so it's impossible to speculate.

BattleTag Mick-1457

I decided to try to create a build with a level restriction of level 30. I wanted to get some sense of how a demon hunter might play once you have reached the end of normal and are starting to play the "real game", but don't necessarily have all the rune options and passives available.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...TkQ!ecY!abaZaa

IncGamers Member

I have been tinkering with a somewhat similar build, but what you really lack here is utility.

BattleTag Mick-1457

What type of utility were you thinking?

IncGamers Member

This is the build I figure I'll end up with for Inferno;

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#fcdTiQ!aeY!YZaZab

Im a sucker for bows, and thus I focus heavily on skills fitting for a bow wielding toon.

Might as well go through the skills to clarify why I picked them, and their purpose in the build.

Evasive Fire is used as my primary skill. This allows me to blast away while still feeling safe, considering the backflip which will trigger if the enemy get too close. It's runed for an even longer backflip, for safety reasons.
    Rapid Fire will come to use when I need to focus down some strong, nasty demon. Therefore it is runed with a slow, so that I can focus that one pesky enemy, while keeping him constantly slowed far away from myself.
    Vault is my main defensive skill, used in emergencies if I happen to get caught in the midst of some mobs. Runed so that I do some DPS while vaulting, for the reason that it was too cool to pass up on. If it isn't as cool as it sound I might consider changing the rune.
    Bat Companion is essential to this build because of how many skills I have that require hatred. 3 hatred a second will be really welcome. On another note, does anybody know wether the bat will deal some damage itself? The crow does, but the calculator doesn't say anything about it when runed.
    Strafe is a skill I just had to pick, as it is so awesome. I guess it will be used as my main source of damage when I am far away from the enemy, blasting away on them. When they get closer, or I run out of hatred, I'll just swap over to Evasive Fire. Runed for more damage.
    Multishot, my last skill, will be used to clear out any swarm of weak mobs fast, so that I can focus on the stronger ones. If the enemy decides to group up tight, it can also be used very effectively. Runed to grant me discipline for each enemy hit. This will ensure that I do not run out of discipline from all those backflips too fast.

To top all these skills of I chose Tactical Advantage to ensure that I stay in decent range of my targets, Archery to bump up my damage and Steady Aim to make use of the mobility I have - allowing me to deal even more damage from afar.

I don't really have any reliable crowd control, which could prove to be a problem. I am not sure which skill to replace for Entangling Shot as of now, however. If it turns out I really need that slow I guess I will have to sacrifice one of my chosen skills. :/

What do you think? Any ideas/doubts about my build? Any comment is appreciated.

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by reflexii View Post
    Ah yes, I was wrong with the legendary items there, had to google some (because I'm stubborn) to find out that there are set stats for legendary items plus SOME random affixes! Sorry about that

And no, I'm not taking the dual x-bow passive in the calculations. As far as I remember, %chance critical can spawn on shoulders, bows/xbows, offhand(quiver), helm and rings. Max for the armor pieces/weapons was 10% and for rings it was 7% (or so). Can't be sure of the items though, as diablonut's affix page is broken at the moment, so I'm just writing these through memory (could be wrong). But the sure thing was that it totaled maximum of 54% from all items that can spawn %chance critical affix.

There are different affixes for legendary items and magic/rare items. Some affixes will appear on all types, when some will appear on legendaries only. %critical chance still doesn't go over 54% mark, even with legendaries (as of patch 13 stuff, so it might not appear on the game like this when shipped). Of course there can be legendaries that cross the boundaries of affix selection and spawn %critical chance on items that it wouldn't normally spawn on, but as of now, we don't know that, so it's impossible to speculate.
    Legendaries seem to have lower quality affixes in general than their rare counterparts. For the moment it's also unclear how the primary and secodnary affix system works. Maybe it's possible that you could double dip with primary and secondary affixes if you get 2 differently named affixes which both still give the same attribute.

IncGamers Member

Hi guys. I've never been that great diablo II player, and I've never used my own build.
    This time I would like to try, but I need the opinion of much more experienced player.
    I dunno if this builds are viable for later difficulties. Let's begin.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...jfl!cae!aZYZcZ

1) Entangling Shot - Chain Gang Think it's great to hit and slow 4 mob at a time. I can avoid caltrops this way.
    2) Impale - Chemical Burn For sturdy single targets.
    3) Evasive fire - Surge For mobility. With surge is very disc - friendly. Has decent single target damage.
    4) Marked for death - Valley of death More aoe damage. Thinh that with ES, I can hit at least two time before they go out the valley.
    5) Rain of vengeance - Beastly bombs Well, that's some amazing aoe damage, but i'm not so sure about this skill because of the cooldown.
    6) Shadow power - Gloom I don't like the idea of certain death every time I make a mistake. This could save me a lot of times. With cull the weak, Archery and maybe Steady aim instead of Tactical Advantage, I could do amazing damage for great lifesteal.

Passive

1) Cull the weak Think it's good with my ES.
    2) Tactical advantage Not so sure about this one. It could be useful, bur maybe i could use Steady aim for more damage.
    3) Archery Damage.

Think it's good enough?

I've thought of another build i want to show you.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/calculato...jfQ!cbe!aZbZYa

1) Entangling Shot - Chain Gang Same as above
    2) Impale - Chemical Burn Same as above
    3) Preparation - Battle Scar I choose this skill not for disc problems, but for the 60% health bonus. It can save my life. Of course it has a long cooldown, so maybe ater all shadow power is better.
    4) Marked for death - Valley of death With preparation, I can spam it all the time to make the valley advance along the mobs. I don't know if Grim Reaper is better, i simply haven't understood what it does.
    5) Evasive Fire - Displace Now I haven't discipline problems anymore, so: "Welcome 30y backflip!"
    6) Multishot - Fire at Will As above, i don't know what to use for great aoe damage. Maybe this could do. Only 20 Hatred and no cooldown like RoV.

Passive

1) Cull the weak Same as above
    2) Archery Same as above
    3) Vengenace Not so sure about this. Of course that's more Impale or Multi shot, But maybe Steady aim is better.

This build has little level requirement. If I use Covering Fire istead of Displace, it requires only level 35.

Thank you for your patience.

IncGamers Member

After reviewing all of the options I had for effective Demon Hunter builds, I decided I wanted to be less of a Hunter and more of a Rogue. Therefore, I needed to create a build that felt "Up close and personal" rather than the standard "Pew-Pew from safety". First I looked at [Fan of Knives], carried over from World of Warcraft, this was one of the few skills that people remembered (If they didn't play a rogue themselves). Its awesome animation and sexy synergy with Tricks of the Trade made it very popular. At first glance the skill had retained all of its awesome and then some when moved into Diablo III, but a closer look stripped it of its potential. A ten second cooldown. Originally going to be my primary AoE, [Fan of Knives] now told me that I had to wait ten seconds at a time to kill things.

So I turned to [Strafe], with the [Stinging Steel] Rune this skill turned into a literal "Dance of Knives". I needed to be able to say, "My weapon of choice... is dance" and actually mean it. Now, how could I make it work? Well, lets think it through. I need Hatred Generation, thus [Companion - Bat Companion] and [Marked for Death - Mortal Enemy]. Even in the worst case scenario, [Strafe] should attack at least five times a second from what I had seen in videos, so that's fifteen Hatred per second, which should equal out with the Hatred usage and keep me dancing forever. Now there is survivability to consider. Since I'm going to be dancing up close to the enemy often, I need something that can heal me without making me break dance. I then realized that [Shadow Power - Well of Darkness] can do exactly that. Hmm, whats the catch? Well it only lasts for three seconds and costs twelve Discipline. I also wanted to have it up all the time for survivability and cool-points, so I needed something to regenerate my Discipline. I discovered that the Passive Skill [Night Stalker] was my best option (Assuming that the chance to proc is not awful), I would need some frequent Critical Strikes to pull it off though.

At first [Sharpshooter] seems like a viable choice, but it is no good for this type of build. Strafe is attacking too fast for the Critical Strike Rating gained to matter, seeing as the internal cooldown is one second and it needs to have a second to get even three percent Critical Strike Rating. Even as low as six percent Critical Strike Rating would take three seconds, roughly twelve attacks. This in mind, I started looking for other options, the two I found were [Caltrops - Bait the Trap] and the Passive Skill [Archery]. With the Passive Skill [Custom Engineering], [Caltrops] and [Marked for Death] will last twice as long. This means that while I am standing in the twelve meter diameter of [Caltrops] I gain ten percent Critical Strike Rating for the twelve second duration of the skill. On top of that, while using Dual Haxbows I gain an additional ten percent Critical Strike Rating due to [Archery]. With good gear and the Scoundrel I should peak somewhere around 35 percent Critical Strike Rating, maybe more.

So, if I'm using [Shadow Power] every five seconds at twelve Discipline per use and I'm doing five attacks a second, then atleast twelve of those 25 attacks need to Critically Strike and restore Discipline. Now the odds of that happening are sorta bad, but keep in mind this is all worst case scenario. Attack Speed boosts from gear and the Enchantress haven't been accounted for yet, and with those in mind this build should work. This build is pretty ineffective against groups of mobs and I plan to use it strictly for boss fights.

This build assumes a few details:

1) The chance for [Night Stalker] to proc doesn't suck.

2) Bosses can be slowed.

3) [Strafe] attacks atleast five times a second

If any of these turn out to be untrue, then the build will need to be revised drastically.

Thanks for reading and I hope you like this build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/demon-hunter#igaVYj!XeU!bbbYcY

BattleTag Qvardz-2583

Quote Originally Posted by StuffFace View Post
    2) Bosses can be slowed.
    if i recall correctly Leoric was immune to slows.