Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Will my computer run Diablo 3 Beta?

The 17.3''

IncGamers Member

Well I think i decided to get a new computer. I actually just got this laptop less than two weeks ago so i still have the option to bring it back with a full refund, no questions asked. I spent $550 so I figured for about the same I could get a desktop with much better specs. The portability is nice but to me right now power is just more important. I'm not looking to run crazy games on it, just things like LOTRO, Diablo 3 and maybe Skyrim. Like I said this laptop runs games like LOTRO smoothly but I don't want overheating or loss of performance to be an issue any time soon.

Quote Originally Posted by strngoutstreaker View Post
    Well I think i decided to get a new computer. I actually just got this laptop less than two weeks ago so i still have the option to bring it back with a full refund, no questions asked. I spent $550 so I figured for about the same I could get a desktop with much better specs. The portability is nice but to me right now power is just more important. I'm not looking to run crazy games on it, just things like LOTRO, Diablo 3 and maybe Skyrim. Like I said this laptop runs games like LOTRO smoothly but I don't want overheating or loss of performance to be an issue any time soon.
    Yea for ~$650 you can build a decent desktop computer that will run Diablo 3 at high settings. At that price you would probably need to go for an AMD rig.

Edit : This should be good (You would need to add a copy of Windows 7)

Last edited by Tilitoon; 15-09-2011 at 02:14.

IncGamers Member

cool...thanks for that!

BattleTag Autti-6733

Anyone have info on running the Beta on a Macbook Pro?

Been searching and couldn't find anything.

Doesn't really matter as i've got a 2500k @4.6ghz and GTX 560ti SLI, but laptop would be great for going to mates houses.

IncGamers Member

Depends on the graphics chip, 6750M should be OK, 6490M is horrible, slow GPU with 64-bit memory bus. I'm not sure I understand the reasoning for putting such crap card in an expensive laptop as Macbook Pro.

BattleTag nurman-2854

My rig:

Mobo: Asus M5A99X EVO AM3+ (supports the new bulldozers )
    RAM: Kingston HyperX 2x4GB, DDR3 1600MHz, CL9 OC'd to 1934
    CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965BE, AM2+/AM3, 3.4GHz @ 4.111GHz oc'd, 8MB, 125W with 50'c Temps when @ 100% load & 60% memload
    GPU: Powercolor AMD radeon 6870
    HDD: Seagate 2TB BARRACUDA GREEN, 3.5", 5900rpm, 64MB
    CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 (presealed liquid cooler)

This rig has no issue with running all the newest games with high / max range, so it should act as a good example what should be able to run Diablo 3 at relatively high settings, with a 700-800€ price tag. (estimating case, DVD-drive, PSU costs in as well.)

Tilitoon, I would get phenom 965 instead of 955 for that rig. It's only like 5-10$ more pricier.
    Usually Kingston RAMs are more reliable, AMDs 6870 series should be around the same price tag as GTX 460's go and it should be able to offer a bit more power.

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Tilitoon, I would get phenom 965 instead of 955 for that rig. It's only like 5-10$ more pricier.
    Usually Kingston RAMs are more reliable, AMDs 6870 series should be around the same price tag as GTX 460's go and it should be able to offer a bit more power.
    Those are valid alternatives.
    If you are going to OC, you would probably be able to get the same clock speed as the 965 with the 955, but it's up to you if you want to spend the extra 10$ for a certified 3.4Ghz.

Kingston, Corsair, G.Skill, Mushkin, they are all good memory brands imo, you can't really go wrong with these.

Again, it's up to you if you want to spend a little extra for the 6870, then it's a good choice, or if you are lucky and you get a better deal, then go for it, they are pretty much equivalent.

Well I am not nearly as tech saavy as I would like to be. I downloaded and got to the login screen with these specs (cant say the same about my outdate desktop) so I am assuming yes, but if you guys wanna give me a yes or no id appreciate it haha. Also, it said I needed to update my video card drivers, said ok and it went to the site and an error occured, anyone know where I can go to get that done?

Operating System:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
    CPU Speed:
    2.55 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.68 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Video Card Memory:
    1.71 GB
    Video Card Driver:
    igdumdx32.dll
    Desktop Resolution:
    1366x768
    Hard Disk Size:
    586.01 GB

edit: found how to update my driver and it said its up to date...blizz begs to differ, rut ro!

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Ash View Post
    Well I am not nearly as tech saavy as I would like to be. I downloaded and got to the login screen with these specs (cant say the same about my outdate desktop) so I am assuming yes, but if you guys wanna give me a yes or no id appreciate it haha. Also, it said I needed to update my video card drivers, said ok and it went to the site and an error occured, anyone know where I can go to get that done?

Operating System:
    Windows 2.6.1.7600
    CPU Type:
    Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 460 @ 2.53GHz
    CPU Speed:
    2.55 GHz
    System Memory:
    3.68 GB
    Video Card Model:
    Intel(R) HD Graphics
    Video Card Memory:
    1.71 GB
    Video Card Driver:
    igdumdx32.dll
    Desktop Resolution:
    1366x768
    Hard Disk Size:
    586.01 GB

edit: found how to update my driver and it said its up to date...blizz begs to differ, rut ro!
    I'm glad you found it, maybe you could share the link so that people with the same laptop can get it too. Usually you want to go to the notebook manufacturer website and download the drivers from there. As a last resort, if you don't know what notebook it is, those are the generic Intel® HD Graphics driver :
    http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...adType=Drivers

Can you tell us your notebook specifications and how many fps you get in the game and on which setting ? Thank you.