DiabloWiki Updates
Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    IncGamers Member

Re: Will my computer run Diablo 3 Beta?

just wondering, why is there no Diablo games at all in the game list of
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

That's the only site I use to determine if I need to upgrade =[

What would be nice is if some Beta testers could post their rigs (basic specs) and what FPS/Quality they can run things at.

Quote Originally Posted by badbat View Post
    just wondering, why is there no Diablo games at all in the game list of
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/cyri/

That's the only site I use to determine if I need to upgrade =[
    Probably because the game is not out yet... Select Starcraft II from the list and it should give you a very good estimate, that is, of course, if you trust the website to run a Java application on your machine.

IncGamers Member

I'll be buying a new laptop, can anyone please tell me which of the two following GPUs would be best?

1.5GB Nvidia geforce GTX560M
    2GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Quote Originally Posted by Mage Slayer View Post
    I'll be buying a new laptop, can anyone please tell me which of the two following GPUs would be best?

1.5GB Nvidia geforce GTX560M
    2GB AMD Radeon HD 6970M
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M. In Starcraft II, the 6970M is even on par with the GeForce GTX 580M !

BattleTag nurman-2854

Blizzard, why y u no support voodoo 3dfx?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tilitoon View Post
    AMD Radeon HD 6970M. In Starcraft II, the 6970M is even on par with the GeForce GTX 580M !
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by nurman View Post
    Blizzard, why y u no support voodoo 3dfx?
    I'm not sure Glide is supported on Windows Vista/7 anyway That's a shame, I would have benchmaked my VooDoo 5 5500

Hey all and thanks in advance. So what follows will run D3, but to piggy back on this thread, I was looking for some general feedback on what'll be my new PC.

What I was thinking: I played D2 on a total crap laptop, and, well, I guess it played 'ok'. But I wanted to do things right this time, and I had some spare cash to do so. I haven't had a new computer for years and wanted some advice on what I was thinking of putting together. This would be the first PC I'd picked each part for, though I will not be actually putting it all together myself. Here goes:

ANTEC Three Hundred Black Mid-Tower Case
    CORSAIR TX750 PSU 750W
    GIGABYTE GA Z68A D3H-B3, LGA1155 & Intel Z68
    INTEL Core i5-2500K
    EVGA GeForce GTX 460 EE (AR) 763MHz, 1GB GDDR5 3800MHz
    CRUCIAL 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz
    WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB Caviar Black SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB Cache
    WINDOWS 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

This computer doesn't need to do anything other than play D3 and last for quite some time (so, overkill? not enough overkill?). But, it should be able to play at high settings while also allowing for some good updates down to make it last for a while: secondary SSD, 2nd vid card in SLI, maybe later whatever the latest greatest CPU that'll play nice with the motherboard, memory upgrade of course.

So, thoughts? Should I just pull the trigger already?

IncGamers Member

Quote Originally Posted by MKdiabloii View Post
    Hey all and thanks in advance. So what follows will run D3, but to piggy back on this thread, I was looking for some general feedback on what'll be my new PC.Here goes:

ANTEC Three Hundred Black Mid-Tower Case
    CORSAIR TX750 PSU 750W
    GIGABYTE GA Z68A D3H-B3, LGA1155 & Intel Z68
    INTEL Core i5-2500K
    EVGA GeForce GTX 460 EE (AR) 763MHz, 1GB GDDR5 3800MHz
    CRUCIAL 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1333MHz
    WESTERN DIGITAL 500GB Caviar Black SATA 6 Gb/s, 7200 RPM, 32MB Cache
    WINDOWS 7 Home Premium 64-bit Edition

This computer doesn't need to do anything other than play D3 and last for quite some time (so, overkill? not enough overkill?). But, it should be able to play at high settings while also allowing for some good updates down to make it last for a while: secondary SSD, 2nd vid card in SLI, maybe later whatever the latest greatest CPU that'll play nice with the motherboard, memory upgrade of course.

So, thoughts? Should I just pull the trigger already?
    If you want to take SLI route, power supply is OK, otherwise it's an overkill, you don't need more than 500W quality PSU. Also, you shoud get the better motherborard for SLI, second PCI-e lane is only x4 on that gigabyte board, rather pick something like this: http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...-review-2.html

If you plan to OC (I suppose you do, otherwise you wouldn't pick 2500K CPU) you should get a decent CPU cooler, stock cooler will carry you to perhaps 3.8 GHz but it will be noisy. Also, that EVGA card is much noisier than MSI or Gigabyte with TwinFrozr/Windforce coolers and they overclock much better, so I would recommend to look for any of these two in your retail store.

As for the future upgrades, Z68 chipset will support oncoming Ivy Bridge processors so you should be fine in this department.

Regarding RAM, it's best to check memory compatibility list on motherboard manufacturer website before buying. Personally, I used G.skill modules on many configurations, had 0 problems so far, never used Crucial though.

Antec Three Hundred is a solid buget case, you shouldn't have any problems with temperatures, airflow or cabling.

If you're not into OC-ing then you should perhaps save some money with i5-2400 non-K processor, same goes for VGA, look for a card with highest stock gpu/memory clocks.

Hope this helps.